Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, charles can do every he want do, is his problem not mime.

Last edited:
ok, charles is a poor victim.

no, he can do every he want do, is his problem not mime

Funny. It doesn't seem that way. What gets me is that people seem to think Charles is wracked with guilt and is plagued every waking day by the appearance of Diana's ghost at the foot of his bed. He's got a busy life, a loving wife and a family to fill his time without worrying about the past.

ok, charles is a poor victim

He's just as much a victim as Diana. And so is Camilla.

BeatrixFan said:
He's just as much a victim as Diana. And so is Camilla.

yeah, sure, he is victim of hiself, not for diana.

diana is dead and charles and camilla are the vistims, ha ha I cant read ay more.

Charles was a victim. He wanted to marry Camilla and he didn't have the strength to disobey his parents who told him to marry Diana. He was just as unhappy in the marriage as Diana was. He then had to suffer having his most intimate secrets rattled off to the nation. How do you think the RF felt? Charles would have had to go to family events, i.e Christmas and sit in a room with his brothers and sister knowing that everyone in that room knew his secrets. Then he had to suffer being blamed for Diana's death. Then he had to suffer explaining the situation to his sons. He had to suffer being accused of having Diana murdered. He had to suffer being away from the woman he loved. And now, a little bit of sunshine has come into his life. He's been allowed to marry Camilla. He has been a victim.

Camilla has probably has suffered the most out of the three of them. She was turned into a complete monster. The press made her into a demon - and her crime? To love Charles. People are suddenly saying how wonderful Camilla is and how much they appear to love each other - we would have seen it earlier - but we weren't allowed to. The press didn't want us to. She had bread rolls thrown at her in a supermarket. And why? Because she was put on a par with Hitler when in truth she was just a face. A third party. She's been a victim too.

It's time to see that Charles and Camilla didn't lay back on a Chez Longue necking champagne and laughing whilst Diana went through turmoil - they went through turmoil and heartache too.

diana is dead and charles and camilla are the vistims

What exactly do you and tiaraprin mean by that? She died in an accident - how many times do we need to go through this! Lets be honest - are you saying that Charles had Diana killed or are you saying you want Charles and Camilla to die to pay for their love?

diana not was unhappy?
the pressure, the public, the roayl family, 2 little boys, the bulimia etc etc, but you're right charles was de real victim, and camilla of course.

Corazon, please read my post again. I never said Diana didn't suffer. She did - but no more than Charles and Camilla did. Don't make her out to be the angelic lamb. She was just as guilty, just as unhappy and just as hurt as they were.

I think I've read every word of both incarnations of this thread, although I have not participated. Thread 2 (this one) has been impressive in its overall resistance to disintegration into the half-life of vitriol and irrational finger-pointing that this topic so often fosters.

Both sides, for the most part, have been presented with eloquence and reason and calmness. This has made the thread one of the most interesting and enjoyable ones to read. It really seems that the majority are participating with an unusual degree of open-mindedness. I hope it is kept open and continues.

We can never say X suffered more than Y, or Y even more than Z. But we must think in this: Diana believed she would be married forever with the man she loved. In the very recent times after the wedding, she discovered he was still in love by Camilla. Diana confronted Camilla in a party telling her to not see Charles again! Diana had the right to do this because Charles was her husband. Camilla knew Diana was suffering very much and she didn't care! Charles and Camilla only thought about themselves, they were very selfish, imo. Charles didn't care about his children, about his country, about his wife. He loved Camilla and he had dates with her, so they were not so unhappy like that!
Diana did wrong things too, but in the end she was alone, and she never found her true love. Of course, divorces can happend to everyone even to Princes and Kings, and nobody can say for sure they will never divorce, but saying Diana was unhappy just like them is too much, imo. Charles didn't married with Camilla because he was always a person (a very weak person) who didn't stand up to defend the woman of his life. If he had married with Diana, and some years after that he fall in love for another person, that would be sad, but more or less understandable. Now, marring with a virgin of 19 years old knowing he was still in love with another one, only demonstrate the lack of values he had. It's Not the same with Alexandra of Denmark: she is divorced from Prince Joachim, and she has now a new boyfriend. And no one is blaming her like people blamed charles and Camilla, because Alexandra was a correct and decent woman when she married. She married with her true prince. Sadly, things didn't work out.
Diana was not an angelic lamb, and Camilla is not the Devil here. The problem in all this has a name: Charles.

Last edited:
Why don't all of you accept the fact both of them are equally responsible for the breakdown of the marriage.

Both cheated.

Camilla is not innocent in any of this either.

Both grew up without a TOTALLY SOLID PARENTAL emotional support system and had troubled childhoods which led them to make decisions and act on events later in their lives.

Camilla knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she agreed to renew their affair. Unless she was living in a shoebox and is dumb, which I do not believe she is, she knew what the consequences would be once the it all became public.

None of them are innocent or angels or came up smelling like roses.

So, let us move on.

And the ridiculous name calling going both ways to Diana, Charles, and Camilla, is not going to bring her back from the dead, or split Charles and Camilla up.

It is what it is, and none of us can change it, so move on..

Regina said:
We can never say X suffered more than Y, or Y even more than Z. But we must think in this: Diana believe she would be married forever with the man she loved. In the very recent times after the wedding, she discovered he was still in love by Camilla. Diana confronted Camilla in a party telling her to not see Charles again! Diana had the right to do this because Charles was her husband. Camilla knew Diana was suffering very much and she didn't care! Charles and Camilla only thought about themselves, they were very selfish! Charles didn't care about his children, about his country, about his wife. He loved Camilla and he had dates with her. Diana did wrong things too, but in the end she was alone, and she never found her true love. Of course, divorces can happend to everyone even for Princes and Kings, and no one can say for sure they will never divorce, but saying Diana was unhappy just like them is too much, imo. Charles didn't married with Camilla because he was always a person (a very weak person) who didn't stand up to defend the woman of his life. If he had married with Diana, and some years after that he fall in love for another person, that would be sad, but more or less understandable. Now, marring with a virgin of 19 years old knowing he was still in love with another, only demonstrate the lack of values he had. It's the same with Alexandra of Denmark: she is divorced from Prince Joachim, and she has now a new boyfriend. And no one is blaming her like people blame charles and Camilla, because Alexandra was a correct and decent woman when she married. She married with her true prince. Sadly, things didn't work out.
Diana was not an angelic lamb, and Camilla is not the Devil here. The problem in all this has a name: Charles.

AMEN, you said all, i am with you.

ysbel said:
There are problems, the husband and wife can't communicate, then they reach a point of no return where they're not even trying to communicate and camps start on either side as to how horrible the other person is.

You are quite right and we are seeing it in action on this thread. :)

The problem in all this has a name: Charles

Maybe but he had a terrible upbringing - love has always been an issue for him. The blame could go to the Queen and Prince Philip - or Louis Mountbatten.

Regina said:
It's Not the same with Alexandra of Denmark: she is divorced from Prince Joachim, and she has now a new boyfriend. And no one is blaming her like people blamed charles and Camilla, because Alexandra was a correct and decent woman when she married. She married with her true prince. Sadly, things didn't work out.

Neither Joachim or Alexandra published or released any details regarding their divorce, so for all we know he had someone else. Releasing such details to the media would have been beneath their dignity.

We have no idea what really happened between Diana and Charles, except what both have said publicly and to friends. I don't believe for a moment that Charles didn't love her. I don't believe for a moment that he married Diana and immediately carried on with Camilla. I don't believe for a moment that Diana had no clue what she was getting into or what she really wanted. She loved Charles and wanted to become Princess of Wales.

Things should have worked out, but for a variety of reasons, didn't. Many people, including the Queen and Lady Fermoy, were unenthusiastic about the marriage and had reservations about their long-term success together. Diana was too young to get married to a future king. Charles was unrealistic about her ability to handle the pressure of duty and motherhood, not to mention adjusting to royal life, all at once. The media and press attention seduced Diana into reaching for public, rather than private, support at every turn, which antagonized everyone in the family.

Camilla was not the "other woman" scheming in the background. If anything, she played her role very quietly and with dignity. She wanted Charles to go back to Diana and make their marriage successful. She never had any interest in becoming his wife or Queen. She was supportive of Charles marrying Diana and felt she would be ideal.

corazon said:
I am talking abuot the '80. charles sleep with camilla the night before he married with diana. I remenber when the queen want married with the duke of edimburgh the king don't want and she was very clear, she will abdicate if she no can married with phillip (finally the king said yes), charles not, he do that the mother and father said must do (married with diana)

Charles could never abdicate for Camilla, he didn't had courage to do such a thing, not ven in dreams.
But many royals were able to fight for their loves: Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald, Prince Haakon, Queen Beatrix of Netherlands, etc. And I'm glad they did it!! Stand up and be able to defend the woman of their dreams is what separate boys from Men.

branchg said:
She loved Charles and wanted to become Princess of Wales.

Camilla was not the "other woman" scheming in the background. If anything, she played her role very quietly and with dignity. She wanted Charles to go back to Diana and make their marriage successful. She never had any interest in becoming his wife or Queen. She was supportive of Charles marrying Diana and felt she would be ideal.

Diana want married with charles because she love him.
And if camilla wanted a charles's happy marriege what she not move away?
was mre easy to be lover than wife.

Regina said:
Charles could never abdicate for Camilla, he didn't had courage to do such a thing, not ven in dreams.
But many royals were able to fight for their loves: Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald, Prince Haakon, Queen Beatrix of Netherlands, etc. And I'm glad they did it!! Stand up and be able to defend the woman of their dreams is what separate boys from Men.

exactly! I

corazon said:
. I remenber when the queen want married with the duke of edimburgh the king don't want and she was very clear, she will abdicate if she no can married with phillip (finally the king said yes), )

Princess Elizabeth couldn't have abdicated, she was not yet the Queen.

Regina said:
If he had married with Diana, and some years after that he fall in love for another person, that would be sad, but more or less understandable. Now, marring with a virgin of 19 years old knowing he was still in love with another one, only demonstrate the lack of values he had.

Why do you believe Charles was in love with Camilla when he married Diana? Because Diana said so?

Couples when they get like Diana and Charles are not always reliable when they say when things happened.

It's just as realistic to think that she had doubts about the marriage even before it happened and projected them on Charles. Then when the affair did happen, to say, "ah, that's what was going on back then. That's why I had the funny feeling" when she could have had the funny feeling just because she was getting signs that they were incompatible.

But incompatibility is something that Diana for some reason never wanted to admit. It was pretty obvious to those around them but as late as the Panorama interview she vigorously denied that they were incompatible. She brought up their love of the country when everyone was noticing that he spent his time in the country and she preferred London.

I do not know what was going on in her head right then but I find it strange to see that this particular issue she didn't want to deal with.

Skydragon said:
Princess Elizabeth couldn't have abdicated, she was not yet the Queen.
sure, she was princess elizabeth, she could resign to her right to the throne, like sayako.

Regina said:

Charles like many young men wanted to play the field, it was only after Camilla married that they probably realised their mistake.
Courage had nothing to do with it.

ysbel said:
Why do you believe Charles was in love with Camilla when he married Diana? Because Diana said so? .

because is true. He have camilla' photos in her honeymoon. he was in love with camilla all the time.

But many royals were able to fight for their loves: Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald, Prince Haakon, Queen Beatrix of Netherlands, etc. And I'm glad they did it!!

We're talking about very very different circumstances in different countries. It isn't fair to generalise like that - we have to look at Charles and Camilla not Elizabeth and Philip or Beatrix and Klaus.

branchg said:
She was supportive of Charles marrying Diana and felt she would be ideal.

And she was the ideal girl: naife, without experience with men, shy and insecure. Camilla couldn't be more supportive... she was the perfect match-maker to Charles! What they never thought was that Diana became so strong and cause to their relationship so many troubles.

Camilla didn't want to be his wife or become Queen, I agree. She only wanted the nice parte of it. The duties were to Diana, and the pleasure to Camilla.

BeatrixFan said:
We're talking about very very different circumstances in different countries. It isn't fair to generalise like that - we have to look at Charles and Camilla not Elizabeth and Philip or Beatrix and Klaus.

the love is love ever. without circumstances, without titles, the true love is love ever.

corazon said:
because is true. He have camilla' photos in her honeymoon. he was in love with camilla all the time.

Somehow I don't believe you corazon. Do you want to show some proof?

Regina,

you haven't answered my question.

Why do you believe that Charles was with Camilla when he married Diana? Because Diana said so?

ysbel said:
Somehow I don't believe you corazon. Do you want to show some proof?

i dont want nothing, this happend and I don't said it. charles ever was in love with camilla, before and later to marriage diana.
you can looking for the information for you own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom