The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
You probably have started a trend - forget flowers, everyone will be bringing along their dog to see the royal family. Crowds will be knee deep in pet dander and a tangle of leashes with the citizenry competing to see whose pooch draws the regal eye!
You know what? This is not so bad an idea. My dog would love to meet Camilla, I'M sure of it!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

The video of the day

Video: Railway roulette

Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

Well my comments apparently offended some, which was not my intention. I am ignorant it seems to the affect of humidity on people. Being that I live in a place that is humid, I spoke without regard to others. For that I apologise. I will keep some comments to myself. And we continue on....
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Often when the Queen goes somewhere there are people with corgis in the hope that they would catch the royal eye.

I would love to be able to see them and am envious of you and my republican brother who have both seen and met them.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Well my comments apparently offended some, which was not my intention. I am ignorant it seems to the affect of humidity on people. Being that I live in a place that is humid, I spoke without regard to others. For that I apologise. I will keep some comments to myself. And we continue on....
To be honest, I didn't see one thing about your posts that was offensive at all. I have to agree with you about humidity. I'm one of those people that don't fare well in it either. I feel lethargic, my ankles and feet tend to swell and I get headaches and nausea. If only we could be as intelligent as Bert is and just jump in the nearest water when we get overheated eh?

If things like allergies and weather condition tolerances would affect a royal while doing an engagement, I would think its in the best interest to have them avoid it. I wouldn't send someone I respected with a severe allergy to roses into a rose show. From what we've seen over the past years, Camilla is really quite a trooper (remember her broken ankle and her modes of transports?) and I don't see her cancelling or bowing out of an engagement for paltry reasons at all.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

TomBert, I will join the chorus of thanks for giving such detailed and amusing descriptions of Bert's royal adventures. I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Gentry

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, has the type of voice that I could listen to all day! I loved hearing her at the Osteoporosis Australia Reception. She sounds down to earth, sensible and caring.
I'm glad that Prince Charles brought her out and I hope that they are both having a great time down under.
It's a pity that they can't join their own age group for six months and follow the line of 'grey nomads' caravanning around the whole of Australia - taking their time.
I am impressed with Charles and Camilla's vitality. They are not retiring any time soon! In fact Charles hasn't even taken up his most important appointment.
I think that, in retrospect, it will be shown that Prince Charles spent his time as Prince of Wales being incredibly useful and hard working for the environment and the underprivileged. It will be that body of work for which he is best known and remembered perhaps.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Serene Highness

Well TomBert you have managed to make me cry with laughter and you made my day! I love your posts and little Bert is just delightful. Thank you so much for sharing with us, what a joy and Im sure the Duchess loved it. Bert is so lucky to have her as his BFF.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday in Adelaide, Charles and Camilla visited the Penfolds Magill State Winery (envious it was them and not I). 'Penfolds' is Australia's foremost premiere wine producer and has become one of the worlds most famous wines along the way.

A bottle of 1951 Penfolds Grange Hermitage can set a buyer back $45,000+.

I've been gifted a couple of bottles from family and have bought a few myself, but I'm talking between $500 to $800 for wines that were produced in the early 80's and had sustained some minor damage to the labelling.

It is a beautiful drop!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Any pictures from the day in Adelaide?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

There are muriel. Just type Duchess of Cornwall - zimbio into your google search engine and it will take you there

(Added: may as well provide the link: http://www.zimbio.com/Duchess+of+Cornwall/pictures/pro )

Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
There are muriel. Just type Duchess of Cornwall - zimbio into your google search engine and it will take you there

(Added: may as well provide the link: Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures, Photos & Images - Zimbio )
Many thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

Nice comment:

Prince Charles' passions are refreshing rather than eccentric, writes David Penberthy | adelaidenow

From the article:
"For all the barbs that Charles has sustained since his divorce from Diana, her death, and his marriage to Camilla, I would argue that the perception of the man should be revisited, and that his passions are not so much eccentric as refreshing. Setting aside the constitutional absurdity of it all, it troubles me not that our next head of state could be someone who thinks that gardening is good for the mind and soul, that the weight of scientific evidence points to global warming, and that rather than bombing each other back to the Stone Age, maybe the major religions could experiment with mutual respect and understanding."

And another nice find. Caption of a pic at the Sydney Morning Herald:

His Royal Highness, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Windsor, Camilla Parker-Bowles arrive at Sydney Airport. Photo: Wolter Peeters

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cele...#ixzz2BdLKbQNB

Not sure if they meant to get it right that the "Duchess of Windsor" was no "HRH"... LOL!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

And what about the day 4 in Australia ?

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 4 Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Day 4 - It seemed Charles loved his trip to the sheep farm and the polar research station. Nice to see him having a great time!

And Camilla looked to enjoy the chat up she had at lunch with the ladies.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Believe it or not :

Prince Charles steals Obama's limelight in Tasmania - Telegraph

DM article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...r-Camilla.html
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Probably that's why the PoW's standard was not on the main flagpole, as it is no Australian prince but "just" a relative of the Head of State.
An Australian Governor-General or an Australian State Governor outrank the Prince of Wales when performing their official roles. They are the Queen's representatives, appointed by her* to carry out the Sovereign's duties in accordance with the Commonwealth and State constitutions. Hence the G-G and the six State Governors are termed 'vice-regal'.

* acting on the advice of the Prime Minister or State Premier of course.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Gentry

A few years ago when the Princess Royal was in Melbourne her standard flew from the tower at Government House. The Governor was still in residence so someone at Government House got things wrong. Last year when the Queen was in Melbourne for only three hours, and at Government House for about an hour, her Australian Royal Standard flew from the flagpole at the gate (where the Prince of Wales standard was flying for the past few days), while the Australian flag flew from the tower. That was a bit odd I thought, but maybe things are a bit more flexible for short visits, rather than being "in residence".
Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla becomes a colonel in chief

Quote:
THE Duchess of Cornwall has been appointed the inaugural Colonel in Chief of the Royal Australian Corps of Military Police in a parade at Sydney's Victoria Barracks.
Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

Royal suit in the making? I'll drink to that!

Quote:
A BEER in a country pub, a spot of sheep shearing - without the requirement to actually wield the blades - and a long ramble among throngs of well-wishers in a Tasmanian village …
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cele...#ixzz2BguExsm8

Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles Pictures - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 5 - Zimbio

Lovely pictures of Day 5 in Australia