The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
As they approach their 7th. return of their wedding day, having successfully mastered that terrible 7th year, I thought you migth like this slideshow by the Huffington Post:

Charles And Camilla: Their Romance In (Hilarious) Pictures
Love every single one . The smiles on their faces tell us all we need to know, which is that they're happy together. Thank you for sharing.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Love every single one . The smiles on their faces tell us all we need to know, which is that they're happy together. Thank you for sharing.
Totally agree

Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is a couple that are so happy together that they light up each other when together - it is lovely to see Charles so happy and Camilla makes him that way. She is clearly happy with him as well.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Completely agree.
Charles and Camilla are clearly very comfortable together - and it shows.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Well said, both of you. I couldn't agree more .

Old 04-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

I have to admit that Charles has been very happy since he has been with Camilla. I suppose it was meant to be from the beginning. All the different roads they took ended up making a circle right back to eachother. Funny how that works. They are comfortable together and Camilla seems to have transitioned easily into royal life. She has been a good partner for him. I say cheers to them! :)
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As they approach their 7th. return of their wedding day, having successfully mastered that terrible 7th year, I thought you migth like this slideshow by the Huffington Post:

Charles And Camilla: Their Romance In (Hilarious) Pictures
Thanks so much for posting this link, Kataryn. I enjoyed those pics very much. Their happiness is infectious.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I enjoyed the photos, but I wouldn't call them hilarious. I just think these two are the cat's meow!

Charles and Camilla are out of that 7th year and into their 8th. No more worries about that 7-Year-Itch.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I just think these two are the cat's meow!
Is this a positive or negative comment? Can anyone explain that expression to a non-native speaker?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
All the different roads they took ended up making a circle right back to eachother. Funny how that works.
I don't think it's all that surprising. Afterall, they only stopped contact (certainly that of a physical nature) for a relatively short span of time over the course of their adult lives.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is this a positive or negative comment? Can anyone explain that expression to a non-native speaker?
That's actually a slang term originating back in the Roaring '20s which is quite complimentary, meaning very stylish and impressive.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That's actually a slang term originating back in the Roaring '20s which is very complimentary in meaning, meaning stylish.
Thank you!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

I begin what I am about to say emphasizing that I am in Charles' and Camilla's ballpark. I think they are good people who were given a bad time and I feel for them both. I stand in awe of their good humor in the face of it all - especially Camilla.

But, I do think I saw the '7-year malaise' in the Scandinavian Tour. (Saying this does not make Charles a bad person or Camilla - its just an observation that I am wondering if anyone else sees, too). I made mention of that - and what appeared to be discomfort for Camilla (wondering if she is actually okay - wondering if she may be ill) and the post got removed as speculative. :-(

However we 'speculate' that they are happy based on pictures - why not 'speculate' they may be having a rough patch based on a whole batch of pictures from that tour where one never sees them interacting with each other or smiling at each other. In fact, in one of the Scandinavian pictures they stand alone beside each other and look in opposite directions.

I really thought I saw distress in Camilla's eyes sometimes during that tour. Someone in a pm suggested that Camilla really does not like traveling and that that was at the root of it. That could be it, of course. But I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting a stressed vibe.

I'm hoping I get some good feedback before this is (maybe) deleted. :-)
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Those images were quite amusing, paricularly the images of their faces in the bowls. Made me chuckle
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Commoner

Tyger, I have also noticed something strange about their interactions over the last couple of months (not just this tour). I don't know what it is, whether they have problems, or if it's just their age, but something seems a little off.

I do think they love each other still and I also believe they will stay together forever, but their interactions are not nearly as playful as they used to be - at least in my opinion
Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Camilla MAY have lost some of her stamina. She and I are the same age and I know that I have lost a good deal of mine. When you couple that with the horror of public appearances this summer (Jubilee AND Olympics), she's probably tired just thinking about it!

However, if they are going through the 7-year-thing, I hope it finishes soon.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
Tyger, I have also noticed something strange about their interactions over the last couple of months (not just this tour). I don't know what it is, whether they have problems, or of it's just their age, but something seems a little off.

I do think they love each other still and I also believe they will stay together forever, but their interactions are not nearly as playful as they used to be - at least in my opinion
Thank you. Even in a recent appearance with the whole family - Camilla was walking in the front, front and center, in fact, and Charles was somewhere in the back of the crowd, looked like he was talking to Andrew. It seems unusual - especially when one looks at Edward and Sophie - and how, while they are not glued to each other like teenagers or anything, there is an attentiveness, touches and looks, always close in each other's orbit. That's a comparison that may be unfair, because they are substantially younger and the sap is still running, as they say.

I, too, believe they still love each other. Its a long-standing relationship after all but 'something seems a little off'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think that Camilla MAY have lost some of her stamina. She and I are the same age and I know that I have lost a good deal of mine. When you couple that with the horror of public appearances this summer (Jubilee AND Olympics), she's probably tired just thinking about it!

However, if they are going through the 7-year-thing, I hope it finishes soon.
I. too, have wondered about Camilla's age and stamina. I am olding - though still in full gear with my career - and the shift in energy as the years climb - no matter how well one is keeping oneself - is notable. Afternoon naps are de rigueur suddenly.

A little more approaching crotchety, too. I hope they get over it soon, too. But I wonder about Camilla's health. I know he values her enormously - I hope she's there for him when he becomes King.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Majesty

They both had a few busy months, I'm going to guess that it's just fatigue catching up. The Scandinavian tour looked pretty intense, so no wonder they were looking a bit weary. They have a tour of Canada coming up next month too, no? All that traveling can't be easy for people in their age group (especially if the said travel is for 'business' if you will).

Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I begin what I am about to say emphasizing that I am in Charles' and Camilla's ballpark...
I can't say I've noticed any such 'vibe' at all. But then again, I'm not the type of person to look into the lives of others and speculate on their personal happiness, or unhappiness, based on a few still photographs. That's not at all meant as a sarcastic response to any other person, rather, is quite simply the truth.

For me personally, I like viewing from afar. In otherwords, I'm not particularly interested in their lives beyond the publics gaze. Sure it's always nice to see behind the scenes, but within reason.

One would like to think they are happy and unless there is anything substantiative to support the alternative, I don't give it any real thought. It doesn't interest me to sit and wonder what the dymanics of another couples relationship is. Especially if those people are not at all known to me personally.

I just don't think they have anything to prove where their relationship is concerned. Or whether it's stable and happy. They don't need to be looking in the same direction, they don't need to both be smiling in the same frame and they don't need to link arms or even walk side by side. There is no need to overcompensate the state of their marital happiness for the benefit of others.

They work as a team and are seen as a team. That's what matters.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Haven't seen any signs of problems myself and the interaction when its just the 2 of them seems fine. I should think that meeting all those royals in Scandinavia for the first time would be stressful. And they have Australia (unpredictable) and Canada to come plus Jubilee and Olympics. I'm tired thinking about it. So it is going to be a difficult year.

I look at them and smile

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales