The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Watched the second part of the program today. Tears just filled my eyes and my thoughts and prayers went to Diana and her families.

20 years on, her death still get to me.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Me too, Dman. Life sometimes seems so very unfair. Diana still has the power to move even though she's been dead for two decades.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Me too, Dman. Life sometimes seems so very unfair. Diana still has the power to move even though she's been dead for two decades.
I agree completely! The world lost many great and inspirational people. Diana was one of them. The emotions from Wayne Sleep and Robert Lacey got to me too.

20 years, my God!

The Queen's letter to a Lady-in-waiting on Diana's death. Very touching and true.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ain-Diana.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

So true, Dman. And in this letter (btw I do disapprove of this sort of thing being sold by relatives) the Queen acknowledges Diana's inspirational influence, even after death. That it's been twenty years is indeed hard to believe.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:31 AM
Majesty

The photo that reveals the real Diana: TV's Natasha Kaplinsky says picture of princess with young Wills and Harry is her favorite of eight iconic photos in radio series looking at Diana's life and death

The photo that reveals the REAL Diana | Daily Mail Online

French not planning to commemorate 20th anniversary of her death

Princess Diana: French not planning to commemorate 20th anniversary | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 08-13-2017, 05:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Princess Diana: French not planning to commemorate 20th anniversary | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Why on Earth would they ? She was merely a visitor in their Capital, held no position in their Country and wasn't either a native or resident.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

French not planning to commemorate 20th anniversary of her death

Is that a joke, right ?

Anyway i reassure the Diana fans all around : the French TV is absolutely packed with Diana related programs ...
Old 08-13-2017, 06:00 AM
Majesty

The dress designer of Princess Diana's wedding dress Elizabeth Emmanuel has said that Princess Diana was not nervous on her wedding day to Prince Charles.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/201...-no-nerves-on/
Old 08-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Is that a joke, right ?

Anyway i reassure the Diana fans all around : the French TV is absolutely packed with Diana related programs ...
well they might have TV programmes but I can't see why they would "Commemorate" which suggests some kind of event or religious service.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quite tragically no documentary maker has covered Princess Diana's colonic irrigation stats. Perhaps they should, in this ALL important 20th anniversary year ?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Majesty

After her royal tour of India, Princess Diana corresponded with four-year-old Avanti Reddy from Hyderabad and even sent her an autographed photo

Meet the Indian girl, now 28, Diana called 'my daughter | Daily Mail Online

People walk around the "Flamme de la Liberté" (Liberty Flame), an original monument Princess Diana fans turned into a commemoration stele, in Paris on august 14, 2017.

http://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/5903778
Old 08-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The lists of people that Diana touched is endless. People she met and didn't get a chance to meet were inspired by her and cherish her everlasting memory.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

I've had the dubious honor of being driven through that tunnel when I visited Paris. If the driver is drunk and behaving like an idiot, those pillars WILL kill you.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Documentary- Diana, 7 Days Airs on BBC ONE on the 27th August:

Prince William felt Diana with him at her funeral | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness

Oh GOD.. I wish the next weeks were OVER.. and this morbid, maudlin 'raking over of the past' were done with..

NO-ONE [except the Press and Media that hounded the late Princess] benefits from this...
Old 08-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I know that Diana was well loved and admired by millions of people and remembered fondly for what she brought to this world and I'm one of them, I do have to agree with you, wyevale, that this anniversary has been done to the point of over saturation.

Even though I do have just about every book that has been written on the life of Diana, the programs that have been airing just don't hold any appeal for me at all as there is really not much that can be said and done to add to story. The only people that really matter, at this time, is the loved ones that Diana left behind. The over saturation of articles, programs and books commemorating 20 years since her death, frankly, is (as was pointed out) using Diana as a cash cow in death as she was used in life.

September is right around the corner though and this too shall pass.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

With all respect and not meaning any offense, but why is this 20th anniversary being so extensively covered? Will in 5 years the 25th anniversary be covered even more, i would imagine that would be more of an anniversary nr than 20?
Old 08-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Oh GOD.. I wish the next weeks were OVER.. and this morbid, maudlin 'raking over of the past' were done with..

NO-ONE [except the Press and Media that hounded the late Princess] benefits from this...
I know.
I can't wait for it to be over, too...a lot of wallowing in what was admittedly a tragic accident.
Enough already.

But- this too shall pass away.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

This is the time for remembrance for the late Diana, Princess of Wales. people should tune out the petty stuff and take the time to remember and reflect on Diana's life and legacy.

No need to rush through this.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-16-2017, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
With all respect and not meaning any offense, but why is this 20th anniversary being so extensively covered? Will in 5 years the 25th anniversary be covered even more, i would imagine that would be more of an anniversary nr than 20?
I'm not sure about this - I can only think that 20 years is enough time for a new generation of people to be able to hear the story about Diana. It may also be deemed a sufficient amount of time for interviewees to fee they can speak more freely than they might have done ten years ago.