Princess Alexandra of Hannover Current Events Part 7: January 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For years I couldn't believe that princess Caroline baptized her daughter in the Lutheran church. For what? For her daughter being in the line to the British throne? What a nonsense!
No, she was baptised in the Lutheran church because her father is head of the House of Hanover and that is their religion not because she was in the line of succession to a throne she would never inherit. I think Caroline needs to be given bit more credit.

No, she was baptised in the Lutheran church because her father is head of the House of Hanover and that is their religion not because she was in the line of succession to a throne she would never inherit. I think Caroline needs to be given bit more credit.

Right? They always think Caroline is so thirsty for a throne :nonono:

For years I couldn't believe that princess Caroline baptized her daughter in the Lutheran church. For what? For her daughter being in the line to the British throne? What a nonsense!

How do we know that Prince Ernst-August, as her husband and the Head of the House of Hanover, did not insist that the child be baptized in his familys' religion and Caroline acquiesced in the name of marital harmony?

Last edited:
How do we know that Prince Ernst-August, as her husband and the Head of the House of Hanover, did not insist that the child be baptized in his family's religion and Caroline acquiesced in the name of marital harmony?
Absolutely. Alexandra was born in Austria and not in Monaco and baptized as per her father's faith. I find this normal. At this period I d remember Caroline used to participate with her husband in many events related to his rank in German countryside also.
Alexandra is the daughter of Caroline but mainly the daughter of a royal highness head of house and royal highness herself so some thinks she follows her father's line

The most important part of this is that Alexandra apparently found the right way for her to express her faith. Good for her.

Good for Princess Alexandra. To wipe her royal derrière with that blatanty anti-Catholic piece of legislation - of a West-European country - anno 2018.

The British Monarch is head of the Anglican Church it's hardly surprising. You wouldn't have a Protestant Pope.

Legislation that simply excluded non-Protestants from the throne would ensure that the British monarch is Protestant. That is, however, not what the British Act of Settlement does.

Legislation that simply excluded non-Protestants from the throne would ensure that the British monarch is Protestant. That is, however, not what the British Act of Settlement does.
Well, that's because of the history that goes with the start of the Church of England and various British monarchs from Tudors and Stuart's onwards.

It is what it is - Alexandra has made a choice of faith not an act of protest against the inheritance laws for a throne she was never going to get anywhere near - or whatever the original poster's vulgar expression meant.

Last edited:
The most important part of this is that Alexandra apparently found the right way for her to express her faith. Good for her.

Couldn't agree more and still at such a young age.

Well, that's because of the history that goes with the start of the Church of England and various British monarchs from Tudors and Stuart's onwards.

It is what it is - Alexandra has made a choice of faith not an act of protest against the inheritance laws for a throne she was never going to get anywhere near - or whatever the original poster's vulgar expression meant.

I am surprised to find such an expression on this forum. And agree that Alexandra has chosen to become a Catholic, now that she's old enough to choose for herself...

For me it is very funny when people discuss about Alexandra's rights to the British throne. In order matter to have a valid sense it should at least occur the plegue - black death to destroy the whole British family plus he extended members.

I wonder how Apexandra spends her time. Obviously, she is not a student any more. Does she live in Monaco?

I wonder how Apexandra spends her time. Obviously, she is not a student any more. Does she live in Monaco?
I read somewhere that she is at university in the US but I can't remember where and I haven't seen anything else referring to that.

Excellent point!

Alexandra is like many, old and young who were baptized under one faith and spent a lot of time growing up in another...and once they reach a certain point in their faith, decide that the latter church was more an expression of their faith than their baptismal one. It happens all the time.

Up until her conversion to Catholicism I believe the Princess was unique being the only non Catholic in the the line of succession to the Monegasque throne.

:previous: Indeed she was. And as slim as her chances are of ever becoming Sovereign Princess of Monaco she has a better chance there than in Britain!:cool:

Princess Alexandra at the last day and closing ceremony of the NO FINISH LINE MONACO , a charity marathon who running or walking on a circuit open 24h / 24h for 8 days from 10-18 November. One kilometer traveled = 1 € donated for projects in favor of disadvantaged children.

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=0b31365bbfe5f3f37337ff8265326ba5&oe=5C66B639
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=26e460e77b063fb0f438fa0193ea8832&oe=5C77A1AD
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=12e75fc1cbd6cdd5fcaf3d8a32cddf0f&oe=5C7DAD4D
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=69b7ca4a142c8c81fccdff69dae30f94&oe=5C8223EF

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...O5YX-UTkAb2Shd0qr6cemsojaaiGEZCpw&__tn__=HH-R

:previous: Nice to see Alexandra participating in this event; it was sweet to see her with the children.
I'm guessing that because of her "lower" position in the Monegasque line of succession, she won't have to take up official duties, and will do a few charity activities that she enjoys such as this?

Yes, it be interesting to see which direction her life will take her. Extremely unlikely to succeed as ruler, and studying at University - the world's her oyster.

My theory is that Prince Albert is preparing her to succeed him as the head figure of sport in Monaco and maybe also in the IOC. Though Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella have sport genes from both parents...

:previous: Indeed she was. And as slim as her chances are of ever becoming Sovereign Princess of Monaco she has a better chance there than in Britain!:cool:

Yeah. It would take one incredibly tragic family gathering for her to theoretically become Princess of Monaco.

By the time she had got anywhere near having to even think about being near enough the British throne for it to affect her decision making their would be a worldwide health disaster or we'd be in a world war or both. Even if some people 100 people down want the bragging rights, she certainly doesn't need them.

They seem like a nice couple. How old is Alexandra's boyfriend? He looks to be a few years older than her though that might not be the case!

I believe he is 20 (Ben Sylvester Strautmann).

LaRae

He looks older beacuse he is much taller (he used to play basketball for junior national team of Monaco).

Back
Top Bottom