Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 42: January 2018 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Casiraghi and more at the 2018 MET Gala

That's rather horrible...those outfits.

LaRae

Suggesting that Charlotte is expecting a girl and Dimitri has just officially divorced.

I choose to think she asked to wear a dress that is slouchy around the waist because she chooses to hide her pregnancy. I refuse to think she willingly wore an unflattering dress.

Suggesting that Charlotte is expecting a girl and Dimitri has just officially divorced.

So, they got engaged and Charlotte pregnant while he was married?!

Pretty obvious nobody knew who she was for quite a while when they posed. I agree that the outfit is too slouchy over the stomach for a coincidence

So, they got engaged and Charlotte pregnant while he was married?!
He's been officially separated since autumn 2016 and in the process of getting divorced - the divorce isn't _that_ recent - not since the engagement. I don't see the problem.

Oh yeah she's several months along now.

LaRae

If she plans to give birth at the same hospital where Raphael was born (Princess Grace Hospital ) I imagine she will be sticking close to Monaco all summer.

Her child is reported to be due in late August or early September.

I wonder if she and Dimitri will attend Cannes like last year?

wow she was just pictured at the Met gala in NYC and didn't look that big

He's been officially separated since autumn 2016 and in the process of getting divorced - the divorce isn't _that_ recent - not since the engagement. I don't see the problem.
Thanks for the information. Whether it is considered a problem depends on your perspective. I do think that someone should refrain from dating someone else when married (even if separated), if the marriage is unresolvably broken the honest thing would be to get a divorce and afterwards you are free to see someone else. But I do understand that others might have a different perspective of marriage.

All in all, I think we can agree it is at least rather fast: Dimitri separates in autumn of 2016, starts dating Charlotte in December 2016 and about a year later she is pregnant and in March 2017 he asks her to marry him (i.e. they got engaged) while still finalizing his divorce.

:previous: I agree with Florestane.

Dimitri and his wife had been living separately for at least a few months when he began a serious relationship with Charlotte and there are photos of him without his wedding ring when he was first seen with her. That's about as official as it gets, imo.

What difference does it make if he wasn't "officially" divorced, which I take to mean there wasn't a piece of paper signifying that the separation had been legalized by a court of law?

To me it's no different than saying it's okay for two people to cohabitate or engage in sexual relations when they have no legal document declaring that it's okay to do so.

You cannot ignore one moral code but say it's fine to break another based on your perspective or opinion.

When one horse gets out of the barn, the rest of them follow imo.:ermm:

Last edited:
:previous: I agree with Florestane.

Dimitri and his wife had been living separately for at least a few months when he began a serious relationship with Charlotte and there are photos of him without his wedding ring when he was first seen with her. That's about as official as it gets, imo.

What difference does it make if he wasn't "officially" divorced, which I take to mean there wasn't a piece of paper signifying that the separation had been legalized by a court of law?

To me it's no different than saying it's okay for two people to cohabitate or engage in sexual relations when they have no legal document declaring that it's okay to do so.

You cannot ignore one moral code but say it's fine to break another based on your perspective or opinion.

Once when horse gets out of the barn, the rest of them follow imo.:ermm:
Not completely sure what you are referring to but I would say there is a difference in breaking your marital vows by being in a relationship with someone else vs cohabiting. The 'it's official as it gets' is not whether you are wearing your wedding band and consider yourself unmarried. It is whether you are or not. Separation is an in-between state but to me that means you are not yet free to start a relationship with someone else. It's not that I don't see a difference between being unfaithful (while being married and living with your spouse) and being in a relationship while separated, I do, and have a much harder time understanding while some people are ok with the first compared to the second but I personally disapprove of both.

(for the record: as you might have guessed I also dissapprove of cohabitation, so I don't see how I am ignoring one moral code and say it's fine to break the other - I would encourage people to keep both)

:previous: If Dimitri and Maria viewed their separation as permanent then the marriage was over, period. And that is perhaps why Dimitri did not wait to formally legalize the separation before beginning another relationship.

If he had walked out on his marriage and been sneaking around with Charlotte behind the back of his clueless wife, I would agree with you 100%.

As for living together outside of marriage I frankly oppose it as well (for religious reasons.) However most(not all) of the younger Royal couples discussed on this Forum have done so or are doing so(including Harry and Meghan) and I don't see you or anyone else voicing opposition to it during the enthusiastic discussions in their wedding thread.

I am not calling you out at all and don't mean to give that impression. I just find it to be general hypocrisy under the circumstances to insist that a marriage which is for all intents and purposes quite over in the mind of the principals be legalized first.

Last edited:
Just let it go? They're grown adults and neither were in a relationship when they got together. Dimitri and his ex had already split, at least emotionally, from their marriage. Whetever you think that's appropriate is entirely your own opinion, but not necessarily on topic.

:previous: If Dimitri and Maria viewed their separation as permanent then the marriage was over, period. And that is perhaps why Dimitri did not wait to formally legalize the separation before beginning another relationship.

If he had walked out on his marriage and been sneaking around with Charlotte behind the back of his clueless wife, I would agree with you 100%.

As for living together outside of marriage I frankly oppose it as well (for religious reasons.) However most(not all) of the younger Royal couples discussed on this Forum have done so or are doing so(including Harry and Meghan) and I don't see you or anyone else voicing opposition to it during the enthusiastic discussions in their wedding thread.

I am not calling you out at all and don't mean to give that impression. I just find it general hypocrisy under the circumstances to insist that a marriage which is for all intents and purposes quite over in the mind of the principals be legalized first.

Thanks for your clarification; no hard feelings :flowers:. As stated before I understand your point of view but just didn't agree that it isn't a problem as that was the statement made when I expressed my surprise about the timeline.

In discussions where cohabiting has been discussed I have voiced my opinion but there is no point in expecting all royals to live by my standards and reiterating my stance over and over again in each topic that is related to the wedding of a cohabiting couple. So, I don't intend to start doing that either ? . For the record: if a couple is living together, I'd rather see them married than go their separste ways...

Just let it go? They're grown adults and neither were in a relationship when they got together. Dimitri and his ex had already split, at least emotionally, from their marriage. Whetever you think that's appropriate is entirely your own opinion, but not necessarily on topic.

I completely agree. I'm happy that Charlotte is expecting again; I'm sure little Raphael will be excited to be a big brother. She and Dimitri seem to be in a happy relationship and I wish them all the best.

I completely agree. I'm happy that Charlotte is expecting again; I'm sure little Raphael will be excited to be a big brother. She and Dimitri seem to be in a happy relationship and I wish them all the best.
And Daria will be a big sister. :flowers: Charlotte ain't no traditionalist. None of the Monegasque really are. Anyone expecting them to play by every rule in a religious book should follow a different family. ?

Charlotte looks simply amazing. As for Dimitri...he is a very handsome guy but that burgundy velvet dinner jacket is not my thing at all...:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom