The Duke of Sussex as Patron of WellChild

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that is just too funny and so Harry! :ROFLMAO:

That man sure can rock a tuxedo can't he?

Agreed on both counts!
It seems he is channeling his father, not only with his double-breasted Dinner Jacket, but when he's sort of wringing his hands together (perhaps chanting to himself "I am a sensitive new age man") reminding himself that these are educated, successful Ladies.

I have to agree, he certainly knows how to rock a Dinner Jacket . . . but are they usually lined with red satin or is that just a little sartorial twist of Harry's?

It seems he is channeling his father, not only with his double-breasted Dinner Jacket, but when he's sort of wringing his hands together (perhaps chanting to himself "I am a sensitive new age man") reminding himself that these are educated, successful Ladies.

I have to agree, he certainly knows how to rock a Dinner Jacket . . . but are they usually lined with red satin or is that just a little sartorial twist of Harry's?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees Charles in Harry. Sometimes I've had to do a double take to be sure of who I'm looking at. Its not only the mannerisms but the facial features are very similar.

I noticed the red satin also and wondered about that.

Fancy linings in men's evening clothes are a tradition. Usually red or gold.

I get glimpses of Diana in William...now and then a flash of Charles in him too...but with Harry I have never seen Diana...just Charles.

LaRae

I see both Charles and Diana in William & Harry. Diana sneaks out in William more though.

Video:
Prince Harry has attended a gala dinner in aid of the charity 'WellChild'. The event, organised by '100 Women in Hedge Funds' was held at the Royal Hospital Chelsea in west London-

Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m11 minutes ago
Prince Harry has arrived at the Royal Albert Hall to see Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett sing jazz at the WellChild Gala Concert.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 9m9 minutes ago
Prince Harry meets Lady Gaga
https://twitter.com/QueenVicMirror/status/607981578153783296/photo/1

Wow, Harry with Gaga & Tony!

What a trio! :D They look strange but good together!

They do indeed! It's good to see Harry turning up as Patron to support this wonderful charity!

Video:
Prince Harry charmed Lady Gaga tonight at a gala for the WellChild charity he is patron of. The Poker Face star told the Prince she thought he was "fantastic" and offered to help the charity, which cares for children with life limiting illnesses, in any way she could. When Harry said it was a shame such few children could attend the gala as it was in the evening Gaga promised to meet them another day-

Home - ITNSource News

I'm not exactly goo goo for Gaga and her outfits either but I would imagine its her stage persona. At least I hope so as I'm really not familiar with what she's done.

The main thing is that both Gaga and Tony Bennett were willing to participate in this event for WellChild and the draw for these two performers is immense from my understanding.

I loved how Harry made the remark that its too bad more kids couldn't have been there due to the later night hours and Gaga says she'll visit later. I hope she holds up to this statement. Its just like Harry to want more of WellChild's kids to be able to participate in things such as this.

The man is simply wonderful with children.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Another Prince Harry engagement: he'll attend the annual WellChild Awards ceremony at the London Hilton Hotel on October 5.

Another Prince Harry engagement: he'll attend the annual WellChild Awards ceremony at the London Hilton Hotel on October 5.

Looking forward to this. Harry + kids- amazing.

Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015

I was wondering when this was going to take place. One of my favorite events, and Henry does an excellent job with it.

Looking forward to this. Harry + kids- amazing.

My thoughts exactly.

As to the beard, I hope he gets rid of it. He looks like a drunken slob, to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I was wondering when this was going to take place. One of my favorite events, and Henry dies an excellent job with it.

My thoughts exactly.

As to the beard, I hope he gets rid of it. He looks like a drunken slob, to be honest.

Mine too. Along with Camilla's Christmas party!
Harry's dying , Daria? :lol: ( spelling)

Mine too. Along with Camilla's Christmas party!

Harry's dying , Daria? :lol: ( spelling)

Ahh, yes, Camilla's Christmas Party makes my list too. How could it be Christmas Season without it? And thank you for pointing out the typo. I fixed it. The joys of typing on a touch-screen never end :bang:.

^ The Wellchild awards night is always notable. Harry shines at this sort of event. His compassion and kindness shine through when he meets these brave kids and their families. Love the penguin!

That's why I love this Prince, to see how he looks for these children, we see the compassion in his eyes. He is gorgeous inside and out.

I look forward to this event every year, and I'm always left speechless. Henry is absolutely wonderful during this engagement. You can see that he is genuinely enjoying himself, and has a lot of compassion for the children. He's a natural, and I love the penguin.

What a great group of photos. Harry does have a really natural way of connecting with kids. Perhaps it's just that his red hair and now red beard makes them all think he is a clown and act accordingly.

On another topic, and I have to agree with Lady N, his sartorial standards are soaring. You have to love his shoes though. I bet that happened when both William and he were wearing the same size, colour and style, and he didn't bother to change it. Nice too to see the shine on said shoes.

But, what a typically slimy move by The Mail Online to end a really upbeat article with yet another swipe at him for looking "the worse for wear" after the home team was knocked out of contention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those were some great photos of Harry and the children. He's a natural with them and the children looked rather pleased to meet him.

Videos:
Prince Harry joined parents, carers and celebrity supporters at the WellChild awards ceremony in central London to honour their achievements. Before the presentations Harry met the winners and their families and one little girl thought the special guest was a clown sculpting balloons. Nine-year-old Nellie-Mai Evans did not stand on ceremony when she met Harry and was soon playing balloon tennis with the former Army captain-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry has paid tribute to the "strength of human spirit" as he recognised children who are battling against serious illness to live normal lives. Harry joined parents, carers and celebrity supporters at the WellChild awards ceremony in central London to honour their achievements-
Home - ITNSource News

Well, a suit fit for a man 45 +, rather not for a person in his early 30s...
IMO Harry should consult the CP of Denmark who´s always dressed distinguished but still not like he was already about 60...:whistling:

I think so too. Frederik looks modern and with style
Get away from the same old blue suit.
Harry and William should ask dad about different colors :cool::p

But back to the event, Harry with children is beautiful to see.
I loved how he got down to his knees, to their level to talk with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom