Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
WilI don't think harry or wills will have a low key wedding the 1st time anyway
I think Harry's wedding, whoever he marries will be as low key as Peter Phillips I think. I don't think he's pomp and circumstances.
William's wedding willl be along the lines of his fathers. But the bride I doubt will wear such an awful dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Due to the economy, I think even with William's wedding it will not be on the grand scale such as Charles and Diana's was. Especially with all the extra added events London has coming up in 2012. I'm sure though that the wedding/s will be totally beautiful though.
Exactly, after all the Queens done to stop showing her money, she won't want William and Harry showing it off too. Thats why I think they've been scalling down there club outings.
Depending on the wedding time, you could have jubliee celebrations, the olympics, Prince Phillip's birthday. Then to consider other possible royal weddings Zara Phillips or even Beatrice or Eugenine, spur of the moments etc.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I think Harry's wedding, whoever he marries will be as low key as Peter Phillips I think. I don't think he's pomp and circumstances.
William's wedding willl be along the lines of his fathers. But the bride I doubt will wear such an awful dress.

Exactly, after all the Queens done to stop showing her money, she won't want William and Harry showing it off too. Thats why I think they've been scalling down there club outings.
Depending on the wedding time, you could have jubliee celebrations, the olympics, Prince Phillip's birthday. Then to consider other possible royal weddings Zara Phillips or even Beatrice or Eugenine, spur of the moments etc.
awwwwwwwwwwwww i want a big wedding not a sophia and edward

Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry's wedding will the along the same line as Andrew's, I think. Not as big and ceremonial as William's, but definitely befitting his status as the future Duke of York.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
awwwwwwwwwwwww i want a big wedding not a sophia and edward
Sophie not Sophia.
You'll get one, with William and whoever he chooses as his future bride.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

yeah thats was a big wedding andrews
Old 04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Harry's wedding will the along the same line as Andrew's, I think. Not as big and ceremonial as William's, but definitely befitting his status as the future Duke of York.

Harry can't become Duke of York until Andrew dies and as he has just turned 50 that could be another 40 or so years.

In addition if Andrew married again and had a son that son would inherit the title. The other possibility is that when they change the laws regarding female and equal inheritance rights they could extend that to all titles meaning that Beatrice would inherit her father's title and be Duchess of York in her own right (which she should be in my opinion). It is ridiculous to me that Beatrice can inherit the throne but not her father's title.

Harry is not a future Duke of York as there is very little chance that he would get that title. I don't think they will do what they did with Edward and give him an earldom with the guarantee that he will be Duke of York at some time in the future.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Harry can't become Duke of York until Andrew dies and as he has just turned 50 that could be another 40 or so years.

In addition if Andrew married again and had a son that son would inherit the title. The other possibility is that when they change the laws regarding female and equal inheritance rights they could extend that to all titles meaning that Beatrice would inherit her father's title and be Duchess of York in her own right (which she should be in my opinion). It is ridiculous to me that Beatrice can inherit the throne but not her father's title.

Harry is not a future Duke of York as there is very little chance that he would get that title. I don't think they will do what they did with Edward and give him an earldom with the guarantee that he will be Duke of York at some time in the future.
I i disagree and agree I don't think he will be a duke before the queen dies but he will when charles takes the throne unless he does a edward a dis royal highness his kids then he will be a earl.and i agree about the duke of york daugther silly rule
Old 04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

It's been tradition that the oldest brother of the King is the Duke of York. That's what I meant. I can't see Andrew marrying again, and I can't see them changing the inheritance laws either. That would mean that after Andrew dies, if Charles is still King, he can create a new Duke of York and give that title to Harry. If William is king by that time, he can do it.

Either way, I can't see them breaking with that tradition. It's nearly 400 years old or something.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I i disagree and agree I don't think he will be a duke before the queen dies but he will when charles takes the throne unless he does a edward a dis royal highness his kids then he will be a earl.and i agree about the duke of york daugther silly rule

I think he will be a Duke on his wedding day like his uncles. That is the tradition.

The alternative is to create him Earl of something on his wedding day and wait until Uncle Andrew dies in about 30 - 40 years and then give him the York title as planned for Edward and the Edinburgh title where Edward will get that title when both his parents have died and Charles is able to create him Duke of Edinburgh (unless the title in unavailable - if not sure how this could happen see The future of the Duke of Edinburgh title)

Quote:
It's been tradition that the oldest brother of the King is the Duke of York. That's what I meant. I can't see Andrew marrying again, and I can't see them changing the inheritance laws either. That would mean that after Andrew dies, if Charles is still King, he can create a new Duke of York and give that title to Harry. If William is king by that time, he can do it.

Either way, I can't see them breaking with that tradition. It's nearly 400 years old or something.

Why change the inheritance laws to the monarchy which are even older?

I think it unfair that woman can't inherit their father's titles.

Do you really think they will wait another 40 years to create Harry Duke of York by which time William will probably have his own second son. William would more likely keep it for that second son. In addition Harry might already have a son of his own meaning that the title would eventually be unroyal - like the Kent and Gloucester titles will be with the next holder of each title.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

yeah i agree

Quote:
I think he will be a Duke on his wedding day like his uncles. That is the tradition.

i agree again ,lol

The alternative is to create him Earl of something on his wedding day and wait until Uncle Andrew dies in about 30 - 40 years and then give him the York title as planned for Edward and the Edinburgh title where Edward will get that title when both his parents have died and Charles is able to create him Duke of Edinburgh (unless the title in unavailable - if not sure how this could happen see The future of the Duke of Edinburgh title
I don't think he would be a earl unless he wants he daughters to be ladies right ?but if william is king he won't get the tittle because that would belong to william kid wouldn't it?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Courtier

I think that his daughters will be princesses on their own right like Beatrice and Eugenie.
And I have a question, Harry will only be a prince until the Duke of York dies?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why change the inheritance laws to the monarchy which are even older?

I think it unfair that woman can't inherit their father's titles.

Do you really think they will wait another 40 years to create Harry Duke of York by which time William will probably have his own second son. William would more likely keep it for that second son. In addition Harry might already have a son of his own meaning that the title would eventually be unroyal - like the Kent and Gloucester titles will be with the next holder of each title.

Just because I said I couldn't see it happening doesn't mean I think it shouldn't.

As I said, it's tradition for the elder brother of the King to be Duke of York. If Harry is made Duke of York, when he dies it will revert to the crown and William (if still alive) can create a new Duke of York for one of his sons. If William's eldest child is on the throne by then, they can do it. I can't see them breaking with that, even if they have to wait 40 years. The reason there is such a lag time is that people marry later in life now than they did then, so you have people living longer and marrying later, which creates gaps like this.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
I think that his daughters will be princesses on their own right like Beatrice and Eugenie.
thats the question we were trying to answer he maybe a prince into charles steps on the throne or when he gets married
Old 04-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Just because I said I couldn't see it happening doesn't mean I think it shouldn't.

As I said, it's tradition for the elder brother of the King to be Duke of York. If Harry is made Duke of York, when he dies it will revert to the crown and William (if still alive) can create a new Duke of York for one of his sons. If William's eldest child is on the throne by then, they can do it. I can't see them breaking with that, even if they have to wait 40 years. The reason there is such a lag time is that people marry later in life now than they did then, so you have people living longer and marrying later, which creates gaps like this.
I agree a about the gap.40 yrs ago we didn't have this problem
Old 04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post

No, he'll probably be Prince Harry of Wales, Duke of ______ when he marries and then if the title is available for him, either during his father's kingship or his brother's, he'll be The Prince Henry, Duke of ______ and York. Which would make his children HRH Prince/Princess _______ of ______ and York.

That's how I see it playing out, anyway.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the info. The titles for the british royal family are a bit complicated.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

They can be. Because grandchildren of the sovereign in the male line are afforded the HRH style and the title Prince/Princess of Great Britain, any children Harry has will be styled as such. He could choose to do something similar to what Edward did and have his children styled differently, but being the only other son of Charles, he may opt not to do that.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

For example, when George V married Mary of Teck, he was created Duke of York by his grandmother. Before then, he was merely Prince George of Wales. When his grandmother died, he became the Duke of Cornwall upon his father's accession to the throne. Then he became The Prince George, Duke of Cornwall and York.

So there is precedence for a royal prince holding two ducal titles at once.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Courtier

I think that right now I have a headache

In my country is so much simple, but I prefer the british way much more interesting. Thank you for all the info
Old 04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well in my country it's even simpler than that!

I'm huge nerd for this kind of thing, which is why I read Wikipedia all the time about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe