What is your opinion of Frederik and Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I most certainly agree with you Toledo. Poliolaiu, what was so sickening about Mary when she came back here to Australia? I never saw anything sickening about it at all.

The Australian tour started off as a low-key round of charity functions arranged by people Mary had previously worked with in Australia or Denmark eg Cancer function's president was her first boss, Red Cross is Frederik's official patronage.
Anne Keating (sister of Ex-Autralian Prime Minister Paul) set up the other main event as Anne and Mary are friends following Mary's previous work on the Australian Airline account while at Love Branding (that would be why Paul Keetings daughter Katherine was one of Fred's yacht crew).

Now after that the other states started squaking that they were missing out.
So Tasmania has to have a Chocolate Lovers Ball and Melbourne had to have an event too.
Mary and Frederik didn't shove themselves on an unwanting and uncaring public the Australian Media and Australian Politicians were the ones that pressured the palace to extend this tour.
F&M didn't expect the public to rush up and meet them so meet-and-greets weren't initially part of the plan until people started asking to meet them so they got out and met the public that they were originally thinking wouldn't be that interested in them.

In the end Queensland and South Australia both ended up moaning that they missed out.
Apparantly South Australia is hoping that they will come back to open a wind farm early 07 that is made from mostly Danish materials.

I don't think F&M will ever repeat the 05 tour even if the Australian pollies and media put the pressure on.
They know they have to respect the soverignity of the British Royal Family.

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
Johan Friso or Märtha Louise does more royal duties than them;) :D :D

I know.:D

Oh well what are you going to do; I think it's rather funny. I wish I could take that many holidays within the year, but I have real responsibilties in life.

Is it an actual fact that they do more duties than Mary and Frederik? Could you please provide that evidence, imn not saying you're wrong, i would just like to see it, to back up your statements.

Frederik and Mary do have "real responsibilities" unless you can prove otherwise. I can prove that they do because they have the responsibility of parenthood, and also, their royal duties, no matter how many, they still do it. They represent their country, that is their responsibility.

Australian said:
Is it an actual fact that they do more duties than Mary and Frederik? Could you please provide that evidence, imn not saying you're wrong, i would just like to see it, to back up your statements.

Frederik and Mary do have "real responsibilities" unless you can prove otherwise. I can prove that they do because they have the responsibility of parenthood, and also, their royal duties, no matter how many, they still do it. They represent their country, that is their responsibility.

Calm down, it's a joke, can't you see the :D :D :D at the end of my post?
Aussies are about to declare the war to me:D :D :D
It's another joke:D :D
Sorry if I touched a sensible fiber

Australian said:

She was basically kidding.:) Please don't be mad.:)

CrisInaki, I knew you were kidding. I believe we have the same dry, razor sharp wit that some people just don't "get."

Last edited:
lol no i was just wondering if it is true that Martha Louise does more duties than Mary and Frederik thats all.

I just wanted to know if it was a fact thats all :)

Australian said:
lol no i was just wondering if it is true that Martha Louise does more duties than Mary and Frederik thats all.

I just wanted to know if it was a fact thats all :)

So we are cool?
good to know:) ;)

GlitteringTiaras said:
According to BT, Fred and Mary are on holiday... again.:D

Oh to be royal... such hard work. Two days in Germany must be exhausting for the lovely couple that they needed another vacation to relax.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=422274:fid=100300158/

Kongehuset vil ikke oplyse, hvor længe kronprinsparret er på skiferie, men kronprins Frederik er regent fra den 25. februar til den 2. marts. Så han er tilbage i Danmark senest på lørdag.

Translation of a portion of the article: The Palace will not disclose where the crown prince crown couple is on their skiing holiday. Frederik is Regent from February 25th until March 2nd. He will return to Denmark on Saturday.

Frederik and Mary have a four-day skiing holiday before getting back to work. I'd say it's more or less like one of us taking a long weekend off to go skiing.

GlitteringTiaras said:
CrisInaki, I knew you were kidding. I believe we have the same dry, razor sharp wit that some people just don't "get."

We are now unofficial members of the staff of = TRF: how to make fun of royals and don't get killed on the intent:D :D :D

Mandy said:
Translation of a portion of the article: The Palace will not disclose where the crown prince crown couple is on their skiing holiday. Frederik is Regent from February 25th until March 2nd. He will return to Denmark on Saturday.

Frederik and Mary have a four-day skiing holiday before getting back to work. I'd say it's more or less like one of us taking a long weekend off to go skiing.

Ah, I see. Kinda like President's day weekend; Huh, isn't that nice for them.:)

We are now unofficial members of the staff of = TRF: how to make fun of royals and don't get killed on the intent:D :D :D

Lol

GlitteringTiaras, all i was saying is that thye do have real responsibilities, i was just thinking of it from their side thats all, it would be annoying if someone who didnt know me dismissed my responsibilities without knowing. But its all good :) I apologise if i came off to be snappy :)

Australian said:
GlitteringTiaras, all i was saying is that thye do have real responsibilities, i was just thinking of it from their side thats all, it would be annoying if someone who didnt know me dismissed my responsibilities without knowing. But its all good :) I apologise if i came off to be snappy :)

Don't worry, everyone here is entitled an opinion and the right to defend it as long as nobody gets offended, so we are cool:) , the discussion is closed and we better get back on topic before a moderator steps in;)

Nothing bothers me about Fred and Mary. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I know, don't worry about it. I understand where you are coming from and I respect your opinion. It's nice to see different takes on the same issue which helps all of us, in the end, open our minds and such.
:) ;)

Back on topic!

Australian said:
But this thread is not meant for comparisons, the only reason in my opinion why certain posters do nothing on this board but make comparisons between CP Letizia and Mary is maybe because they are a little insecure over the "competition". Whatever that may be.

Hi Australian,
I just wanted to tell you I really LOVE reading your posts. I like that you are able to agree and disagree in a very mature and non critical way. keep up the good work.I also agree with basically 100% of what you say. Also IMO Letizia and Mary are nothing alike- they are very different. It's like comparing chalk with cheese- there is NO point to it. Mary and Letizia have different backgrounds- they look different and speak different languages.To me Mary appears more confident now and has fit so well into her Royal role.I really like Mary's look and the way she carries herself. I think she is doing a great job.

Hotdog said:
The Australian tour started off as a low-key round of charity functions arranged by people Mary had previously worked with in Australia or Denmark eg Cancer function's president was her first boss, Red Cross is Frederik's official patronage.
Anne Keating (sister of Ex-Autralian Prime Minister Paul) set up the other main event as Anne and Mary are friends following Mary's previous work on the Australian Airline account while at Love Branding (that would be why Paul Keetings daughter Katherine was one of Fred's yacht crew).

Now after that the other states started squaking that they were missing out.
So Tasmania has to have a Chocolate Lovers Ball and Melbourne had to have an event too.
Mary and Frederik didn't shove themselves on an unwanting and uncaring public the Australian Media and Australian Politicians were the ones that pressured the palace to extend this tour.
F&M didn't expect the public to rush up and meet them so meet-and-greets weren't initially part of the plan until people started asking to meet them so they got out and met the public that they were originally thinking wouldn't be that interested in them.

In the end Queensland and South Australia both ended up moaning that they missed out.
Apparantly South Australia is hoping that they will come back to open a wind farm early 07 that is made from mostly Danish materials.

I don't think F&M will ever repeat the 05 tour even if the Australian pollies and media put the pressure on.
They know they have to respect the soverignity of the British Royal Family.

It's true the South Australian government has writen to Frederik and Mary asking them to open a wind farm in 2007. I heard about it on radio.

lise said:
It's true the South Australian government has writen to Frederik and Mary asking them to open a wind farm in 2007. I heard about it on radio.

*sighs* another media circus:rolleyes:
Not saying anything against Fred & Mary, just stating what happened in the last visit and porbably would happen again if the Danish PRs are as dumb as last time ;)

tabbitha said:
Hi Australian,
I just wanted to tell you I really LOVE reading your posts. I like that you are able to agree and disagree in a very mature and non critical way. keep up the good work.I also agree with basically 100% of what you say. Also IMO Letizia and Mary are nothing alike- they are very different. It's like comparing chalk with cheese- there is NO point to it. Mary and Letizia have different backgrounds- they look different and speak different languages.To me Mary appears more confident now and has fit so well into her Royal role.I really like Mary's look and the way she carries herself. I think she is doing a great job.

Thank you Tabbitha, I really appreciate your kind words :)

Australian said:
Thank you Tabbitha, I really appreciate your kind words :)

You're so welcome but don't get all teary on me-:p ;)

crisiñaki said:
*sighs* another media circus:rolleyes:
Not saying anything against Fred & Mary, just stating what happened in the last visit and porbably would happen again if the Danish PRs are as dumb as last time ;)

What happened during their last visit? And what do you mean by the Danish PRs being dumb??

Ethel said:
What happened during their last visit? And what do you mean by the Danish PRs being dumb??
Frederik and Mary received a warm welcome in Australia. Some members here think this was bad. Most Australians thought it was rather good. Can't please everyone! :)

What bothers me about Fred and Mary? Well I was extremely surprised to realize that after the baptism of lill prins nothing really bothers me anymore about those two. It's probably because of Haakon and Mette-Marit: if two nice persons found in their heart to go to this baptism and showed warmth to Fred and Mary even when F&M didn't care to show up to their own child's baptism then why can't I also give them a chance?

Princess BellyFlop said:
What bothers me about Fred and Mary? Well I was extremely surprised to realize that after the baptism of lill prins nothing really bothers me anymore about those two. It's probably because of Haakon and Mette-Marit: if two nice persons found in their heart to go to this baptism and showed warmth to Fred and Mary even when F&M didn't care to show up to their own child's baptism then why can't I also give them a chance?
Although I am uncomfortable, and a little saddened, with the intent of this thread for any Crown Princess, I find it odd that Fred and Mary are being singled out and judged on attendance to any event when no one has access to the truth. They appear to have many friends and are well liked, which may somehow be unpopular with fans of other CP's?

Perhaps I have been on the earth longer than most posters, hence my id, but I have learned long ago that looking for the light in people makes my life, and those around me, a lot happier in the long run.

Peace

I agree we really can't get upset bc they miss one baptism. I read the CP's of Spain are not going to the norway baptism.

That would show me for trying to be nice :cool: by admitting that nothing really bothers me anymore with these two. :rolleyes: For once I had no harsh comments on fashionasta CP, no, nothing....:D

Kelly said:
I agree we really can't get upset bc they miss one baptism. I read the CP's of Spain are not going to the norway baptism.

I was not talking about Prins Sverre's but Ingrid Alexandra's baptism. Call me too respectful but when you are godfather to a FUTURE QUEEN the least you can do is to show up. and Felipe was also rude not to attend. It was a pity that two godfathers were no show!

Princess BellyFlop said:
I was not talking about Prins Sverre's but Ingrid Alexandra's baptism. Call me too respectful but when you are godfather to a FUTURE QUEEN the least you can do is to show up. and Felipe was also rude not to attend. It was a pity that two godfathers were no show!
Do you know the reason for that? Or anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom