Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the wait will be worth it though. :eek:)

I was so sure that we would have some tonight....but I guess I was wrong lol.

Hopefully soon then. It's been long enough.

Is Mary's father and stepmother still with them ?????????

Today the twins make one month old ♥

Somehow I was expecting the official pictures to be released today - one month after the twins' birth. Now I really start to wonder when the photos will be released and the date for the christening will be announced.;)

I think since they are babies 3 & 4 the couple don't see a hurry to release pictures or the date of christening so soon. Fred & Mary have been very generous with pictures in the past & I don't see why not, maybe Mary is not in the mood, one of the babies not feeling well, Frederik's schedule, Mary's family is around. C&I too busy with school and the timings with twins schedule is not right.

I too, think the harsh reality is settling in...Having twins is special and a blessing BUT it is also hard work, especially since there are older children involved...It is a real juggling act even though they have masses of help at hand...I think Mary is an attentive mother and wants to have time with each and every one of her children and at this time that is probably at the expense of official photos and christening organisation, which we on the outside are waiting for...

So as someone said in a previous post (will find it later) the christening could well be in May, four months after their birth, not the usual 3 months which is expected in April, merely because of the enormous pressure and workload twins put on family life and physically on a mother's body (breastfeeding two bubs)...

I think since they are babies 3 & 4 the couple don't see a hurry to release pictures or the date of christening so soon. Fred & Mary have been very generous with pictures in the past & I don't see why not, maybe Mary is not in the mood, one of the babies not feeling well, Frederik's schedule, Mary's family is around. C&I too busy with school and the timings with twins schedule is not right.

Good points. Photos of baby Christian were released very early, I would imagine because of his status as second in line to the throne. As I recall, there was controversy about his rather jaundiced appearance at the time and some wondered if they should have waited until he looked a more natural colour!

With babies further down the line, there certainly seems less pressure to get photos out. Members here who are predicting a photo release to coincide with Mary's upcoming birthday might be on to something....!

Thanks for the correction! As with all other Royal situations- we'll have to wait for photos to be released until they are ready!

What, still no photos?! :ermm: Well, maybe they are just busy. The twins were smaller than babies usually are so maybe it takes another month for us to see pics. I do hope they're not going to skip the photos altogether and only release pics after the christening.

Billed Bladet informs us that one of the twins, Shirley, has been commtitted to Rigshospitalet due to a cold.

Billed-Bladet - Tvillingeprinsessen på hospitalet

The girl is fine now and has been discharged, says Lene Balleby, the pr-chief.

There are at present no further details.

Aww, I hope the little one is all right now. They're calling her Shirley? Really?

Aww, I hope the little one is all right now. They're calling her Shirley? Really?
Until further notice the boy is Elvis and the girl Shirley (Bassey) around here because the twins were born on Elvis' and Shirley's birthday ;)

Hope the little girl is fine now! I think we have the reason why any official pics have been published yet!

To what I understand from the article the young princess is out of hospital (translations can never get it right). Good to hear she is doing well but I do wonder when this happened & how long she was in hospital for but then im glad that not much is said about it as I find health a very personal issue.

Until further notice the boy is Elvis and the girl Shirley (Bassey) around here because the twins were born on Elvis' and Shirley's birthday ;)

LOL at the names.
Glad that she is back at home again.

I hope that she is doing well and will not have a relapse.

"Elvis" would be fine. It would make me happy. I love Elvis Presley. And Elvis - above in heaven - would deserve, that a PRINCE is named after him.

Ahh. Okay. I forgot about that! lol Thanks Dane.

"Elvis" would be fine. It would make me happy. I love Elvis Presley. And Elvis - above in heaven - would deserve, that a PRINCE is named after him.

Elvis probably wouldn't care. He's forever a King.

This weeks edition of Her&Nu informs that the twins already have passports. At the hospital there was taken passportphotos of them and before they went home, they each had a passport :)

The names in them? Unnamed girl and unnamed boy

This weeks edition of Her&Nu informs that the twins already have passports. At the hospital there was taken passportphotos of them and before they went home, they each had a passport :)

They could have at least used Shirley and Elvis. :lol:;)

hard to believe that an official document would be issued like this. i am sure the twins already have names, its only that those have not been published yet due to tradition.

I forgot to mention that both Prince Christian and Princess Isabella had a passport before leaving the hospital after being born.

hard to believe that an official document would be issued like this. i am sure the twins already have names, its only that those have not been published yet due to tradition.
I actually think that the "unnamed" is right. What if someone at the passport-office couldn´t hold their mouth closed? It´s not the name that is important in these docs, it´s the cpr.number (their birthday and four ciffres more) that´s important.

It's the child's social security number, the birth certificate and the concent of the parents that are the decisive factors in regarding to issuing passports to children.

The child's name need not be entered in the passport.

Here is a link from the police, regarding general rules for passports to children, in Danish: www.politi.dk - Pas til børn

Some countries do not recognise passport to children without a name. However both Elvis and Shirley, not to mention their parents will have diplomatic passports, so it's hardly going to be an issue.

- Incidentally and in theory of course, should Mary and Frederik suddenly have a fit and refuse to officially name or baptise their children, within a certain period (can't remember how long), the state will name the children for them. - Beforehand such children were often named after members of the DRF.
That happened and still happens to a surprising number of children.

Last edited:
- Incidentally and in theory of course, should Mary and Frederik suddenly have a fit and refuse to officially name or baptise their children, within a certain period (can't remember how long), the state will name the children for them. - Beforehand such children were often named after members of the DRF.
That happened and still happens to a surprising number of children.
It´s 6 months :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom