Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww Isabella must be missing mum. Hopefully they go home tomorrow and she will have her back

Sorry to say, but to say the podium and the lights are done, it looks like a circus act is comming, it would not be my cup of tea being in a podium with just 2 bon babies!too much of a circus!
I think the podium is for the photographers, so they don´t fall over each other :)

I think the podium is for the photographers, so they don´t fall over each other :)
That, make sense for the photographers!
I think one of the reasons to stay in the hospital longer is of course the health of the babies, I am sure they do not want to take the babies out in the freezeng cold and stay their a long time for the photographers! the other she has to recupareta, be able to walk ok and carry one of them, of course she will have all the help, stylist, make up etc... but still she has to be able to feel good to stand in front of all this people for how long, half hour?

That, make sense for the photographers!
I think one of the reasons to stay in the hospital longer is of course the health of the babies, I am sure they do not want to take the babies out in the freezeng cold and stay their a long time for the photographers! the other she has to recupareta, be able to walk ok and carry one of them, of course she will have all the help, stylist, make up etc... but still she has to be able to feel good to stand in front of all this people for how long, half hour?
The photgraphers doesn´t stand outside, but inside in the lobby of the hospital :)

I gather the Princess and the twins are doing well can u post a pic pleez? :)

There are no pictures of the Crown Princess and the twin Prince and Princess yet. They are still in the hospital.

Hopefully tomorrow (or today, depending on time zones) we'll (finally) have some photos to post. Of the twins of course, not people building podiums or reporters interviewing each other. :D I guess I should call it a day so I'll be able to get up early in case something happens. I must say I'll be royally disappointed if certain CP's clothing choices consist of bland colours alone. Not to say it would be the most important thing on that occasion but "the announcement pants" kind of set the bar high. :lol:

Hopefully tomorrow (or today, depending on time zones) we'll (finally) have some photos to post. Of the twins of course, not people building podiums or reporters interviewing each other. :D I guess I should call it a day so I'll be able to get up early in case something happens. I must say I'll be royally disappointed if certain CP's clothing choices consist of bland colours alone. Not to say it would be the most important thing on that occasion but "the announcement pants" kind of set the bar high. :lol:
Yes, let´s hope it´s today and in the checkered pants :D:whistling::D

How does it work in Denmark? Will the new prince take precedence over Isabella and are all the Crown Prince's children HRH or just Christian with the rest being HH?

How does it work in Denmark? Will the new prince take precedence over Isabella and are all the Crown Prince's children HRH or just Christian with the rest being HH?

They changed the law of succesion last year.
The line of succesion will go;
Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Elivis, Princess Shirley. ;)

Before it would have gone Christian, Elvis, Isabella, Shirley.

They changed the law of succesion last year.
The line of succesion will go;
Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Elivis, Princess Shirley. ;)

Before it would have gone Christian, Elvis, Isabella, Shirley.

I was a little weary of Elvis....but it's grown on me so much that I fear the baby's real (that is to say, given) name will be more of a letdown to me, as Prince Elvis really seems adorable at this point!

We voted for a change in our Constitution and thereby the law of Succesion last year .
So the line of succesion is now:
HRH The Crown Prince
HRH Prince Christian
HRH Princess Isabella
HRH Prince A
HRH Princess B
HRH Prince Joachim
HH Prince Nikolai
HH Prince Felix
HH Prince Henrik
HRH Princess Benedikte
HH Princess Elisabeth

All the children of the CPC will be HRH :flowers:

Last edited:
We voted for a change in our Constitution and thereby the law of Succesion last year .
HRH The Crown Prince
HRH Prince Christian
HRH Princess Isabella
HRH Prince A
HRH Princess B
HRH Prince Joachim
HH Prince Nikolai
HH Prince Felix
HRH Princess Benedikte
HH Princess Elisabeth

What about little Henrik?

I would love the new princess to be named Dagmar or Thyra as a nod to one of Queen Alexandra of England's sisters. I actually prefer Dagmar and am I right in saying that it's an authentic Danish name?

HRH The Crown Prince
HRH Prince Christian
HRH Princess Isabella
HRH Prince A
HRH Princess B
HRH Prince Joachim
HH Prince Nikolai
HH Prince Felix
HH Prince Henrik
HRH Princess Benedikte
HH Princess Elisabeth

Just to put a spanner in the works - and I don't wish this upon the CP, but what if Frederick were to pass away, where does Mary fit in to the equasion ?

Just to put a spanner in the works - and I don't wish this upon the CP, but what if Frederick were to pass away, where does Mary fit in to the equasion ?
She doesn´t. If CP Frederik dies before Prince Christian and QMII also has passed away. Then Prince Christian will be king. He can´t of course not be king by everything before he turns 18, so perhaps CPss Mary will step in and be "stand in" for her son.

I am sure that Muhler can explain much more about this :flowers:

The names in the list are the one who are in line of succesion :flowers:

Well I guess in case Christian isn´t at least 18 it would be Joachim to be kind of regent until he reaches an adault age and Mary will be the King-mother.

Sorry, I totally forgot him... I´ll edit him in, thanks :flowers::flowers:

(It´s 00:13 am here in DK)

No problem, I just thought for some reason he would not be in line.

Thank you for explanation.

(Yikes, couldn't stay that late on a week day :))

Well I guess in case Christian isn´t at least 18 it would be Joachim to be kind of regent until he reaches an adault age and Mary will be the King-mother.

That's right.

And due to the shortage of adults in DRF, Mary may very well act as regent from time to time when Joachim and our Marie is abroad.
You don't have to be in the line of succession to act as regent.

She could even remarry for that matter.

Goodnight, FasterB :)

I would love the new princess to be named Dagmar or Thyra as a nod to one of Queen Alexandra of England's sisters. I actually prefer Dagmar and am I right in saying that it's an authentic Danish name?

I'm saying the same thing. I think Dagmar would be a lovely name for the new princess! :)

I'm saying the same thing. I think Dagmar would be a lovely name for the new princess! :)

Who exactly was Dagmar? Was she older than Queen Alexandra?
I can't say I like the name too much though. Largely due to the spelling. Poor kid might get stuck with the nickname 'Dag' which is a slang in Aus that means nerdy or goofy.

Is it night time in Denmark now? I can't really see them releasing Mary and twins in the evening or later. Apart from the media, the public are also there wanting to see them and I'm sure that they would take this into account.
I think it would be a daytime release like the previous two times.

I love the name Dagmar.

Dagmar was the younger sister of Queen Alexandra. The mother of the ill fated Nicholas II of Russia. A lot of history with her. Married the brother of her deceased finace, but it was apparently grew into a love match. Her nephew George V sent a ship for her to get her out of Russia, following the Revolution. She spent her last remaining years in Denmark. Mary and Fred attended her reburial in Russia a couple of years back.

Last edited:
She doesn´t. If CP Frederik dies before Prince Christian and QMII also has passed away. Then Prince Christian will be king. He can´t of course not be king by everything before he turns 18, so perhaps CPss Mary will step in and be "stand in" for her son.

I am sure that Muhler can explain much more about this :flowers:

The names in the list are the one who are in line of succesion :flowers:

So, if all this happened and Mary did remarry would she lose her queen title like Alexandra did her princess title and become a countess? Does it work differently if it's a death and not a divorce? Other queens whose spouse died haven't remarried. There's Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, etc. I know one or two of the kings have remarried, but they were marrying into the family not out of it.

After the divorce, Alexandra remained a Princess she just an HH and not an HRH. The Queen created Alexandra a Countess when she remarried. There are a couple of threads that might help you. Check this space...I am going to find them and add them to my post.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...m-and-alexandra-september-2004-a-3618-14.html

and this thread references the new title and how she will no longer be considered a member of the DRF

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rtin-j-rgensen-february-7th-2007-a-11957.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom