Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW twins!! Congrats to the lucky parents.

:fireworks:

HUZZAH! Congratulations!

Now. What are they going to name them?? :D

I knew it, after these last TWO WEEKS looking foward the birth, they have born the day I couldn´t be at home :ermm::sad::bang::bang::bang:
This is unfair, what a shame for me!!
But what a great day for the happy parents. I knew they would be boy and girl, almost too perfect to be true :lol:
Congratulations to Fred, Mary, Christian, Isabella, to all the Royal Family and to the Danish people.
I still don´t believe I missed the birth watching :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sure the wait won't as long now. The hard part is over with :)

I feel a bit sad though, this is probably (not saying it is) CP Mary's last pregnancy and I missed out on the first two times. At least I was able to follow one of them :)

Happy that both mother and babies are fine. I'm sure it will be very exciting once they all leave the hospital :)

The news is really only starting to break in Australia as Mary's confinement and the birth occurred when most of the country was either partying or asleep. I myself was at a party when the daughter of house who was on Twitter came outside to tell us that the twins were born. Being a hot night, many of us were still in the pool, but we all still managed to celebrate with a glass of champagne.

Congratulations to Mary, the Family, and everyone in Denmark.

It was good to see Frederik looking and sounding so very happy. What an extremely pleasant and affable man he seems. And his admirable words, reprinted in a local newspaper, endeared him to me even more:

"There should be no doubt over who are the parents," he joked. "I give all my love, appreciation and acknowledgement to my wife.

"I can only take a bow to women because of what you can achieve like that. It is absolutely impressive."

Frederik was also reported as saying that he wanted to bring his young family to visit in Australia, 'sooner rather than later' and that they were considering at least one Australian name for the twins. I'd guess 'Matilda', if so, as it's already an established European name, as well as being famous in Australian culture.

Incidentally, it's reported here that Dr Hedegaard said that the baby girl's birth was a breech presentation. Poor Mary! However, all say that she's recovered well and is strong, healthy and happy.

I have just seen QMII in tv.

She said CP Mary radiates like a rose.:flowers:

How beautifully put.:lol:

And have just seen a doctor (not the actually) interviewed in tv.

The doctor says that he agrees that it is a dream birth. Only 13. pct. twin births are both starting naturally and without a c-section.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard the news about a half hour ago. I'm just so thrilled; twins are always an event and it must be so great to be in Denmark to hear all the news in the native language. Super; can't wait to see Mary walk out of the hospital with her new children!

The way this family speak of one another is nothing short of incredibly affectionate. The love they all appear to have for one another is really beautiful.

I've never been one for the whole "fairytale" line, but as time progresses, Mary's life really has become a modern day fairytale. It all seems, from the outside, so very perfect.

I wish Mary, Frederik and the four little ones every happines this life could bring.

i really love frederik's saying he gives all his love, admiration and aknowledgement to his wife. i hope she gets to see the video, bc he looks really overjoyed saying so.
can't wait to see either christian and isabella going to hospital to see mummy&babies and mary,frederik&babies walking out of hospital!

Wonderful news! Congratulations! I had a feeling since I went to bed yesterday but then it took me completely by surprise today when the news announced the birth of the twins. Don't know why. Maybe I wasn't really believing my own feelings.

[...]

HA! Now I know why I had this feeling yesterday. It is the day. I just recognized that both Christian and Isabella were born on a Saturday. Also Mary was born on Saturday. Only Frederik was born on a Sunday. So with all those little things that were going on in Copenhagen during the last few days it just HAD TO BE today (or at least Sunday) that the twins will be born. :clap:

Really, what a nice coincidence. And it would have been so much lovelier if Frederik would have been born on a Saturday too. :wub:

For those of us in North America, here is a translation:

The prince weighs 5 pounds 13 oz and measures 18.5 inches

The princess weighs 5 pounds 10 oz and measures 18.1 inches

Very healthy sizes for twins!
Thanks for the translation:) I was wondering!

Great news:flowers:

I went to sleep last night just after it was announced that Mary was in labor, so I had a feeling I'd be waking up to such happy news. Am so glad everything went well, and am delighted that it's a boy in a girl - how lovely that they now how two boys and two girls. It's all very heart-warming!

I had a feeling the birth might be this weekend. What a beautiful way to start a brand New Year. Heartfelt congratulations to the Royal Family and especially to Mary and her new babies.:flowers:

How wonderful! All the best to the newborns Prince and Princess:flowers::flowers:
Good job Princess Mary:flowers:

Wonderful News! :flowers:

How about Sophia Magdalena for the girl and Michael Sebastian for the boy?

Originally Posted by Shelo
For those of us in North America, here is a translation:

The prince weighs 5 pounds 13 oz and measures 18.5 inches

The princess weighs 5 pounds 10 oz and measures 18.1 inches

Very healthy sizes for twins!
Yes. Very healthy! And once again (for the 3rd and 4th time) CP Mary has proved that the small sizes of her baby bumps do not mean that her children will be underweight!:whistling:

Way to go CP Mary!!!!! And well done....very well done!:flowers::)

Congrats! I logged off just a little over half an hour before the official announcement came out.

I'm more for Elvis and Shirley, because it's also Shirley Basseys birthday today. :D

I was trying to find another singer who was born today, thank you for finding it for me. :)

Oh Yes, please, please: Elvis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 8, 1873
Elena Petrovich Niegos, Queen of Italy (d. 1956)
Capricorn
January 8, 1888
Matthew Moore, Irish actor (d. 1960)
Capricorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom