The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Courtier

John Donaldson said that the twins look like Princess Isabella when she was a baby.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Royal Highness

Is there a gown available from Mary's family that could be used? I think that would be a nice touch.

Elvis and Shirley.....as odd as that sounds in terms of royal names at this point, I think it's better than what they called Isabella in the interm (something with 'pig' in it).

Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I wasnt going to suggest it, but if a c section was had to not only to ensure safe delivery of the twins, perhaps also a little 'tightening' of a certain Crown Princess' tummy was done as well

Only a thought on my behalf, nothing more, so don't start scolding me for suggesting the possibility of Mary having an abdomnoplasty in conjunction with the birth
As it was explicitly stated, that a C-Section was not even considered by the midwife, how should that be possible?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Perhaps.
Personally, I favour a copy of the old christening gown used for Christian and Isabella. At some point this old gown won't last anymore, and then it would be nice to have a high-quality copy of it. And twins are the perfect reason to start making that copy
I agree with you!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Aristocracy

I totally agree.

The c-section was not considered at all.

The farmerprince is on private vacation abroad.

Ekstra Bladet - Jokke svigter Frede

The expression "farmerprince" in the article refers to prince Joachim who is a farmer.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Is there a gown available from Mary's family that could be used? I think that would be a nice touch.

Elvis and Shirley.....as odd as that sounds in terms of royal names at this point, I think it's better than what they called Isabella in the interm (something with 'pig' in it).
Lillepigen means 'little girl'.

So what if it has letters that make up the word 'pig'? Clearly that isn't it's meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
As it was explicitly stated, that a C-Section was not even considered by the midwife, how should that be possible?
Keep your hat on...lol.

Was that public knowledge before, or after my post was made? I wasn't reading any articles at the time anyway so clearly I wasn't aware Mary was having a natural birth at the time of positing.

In anycase, it was only a thought regarding the possibility of 'if'.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Aristocracy

I read that we will have to wait 3 months to know the names? I thought it was only one!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
One thing I think to be quite likely, is that Mary shall wear the ivory and cream lace floral fascinator that she wore to the christenings of her first two children.
I was thinking the same about this fascinator. It would add a really nice touch if Mary wears it for the next christening as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Aristocracy

Where is Uncle Scrooge?

Hvor er onkel Joachim? - TV 2 Vip

The expression "Uncle Scrooge" refers to Prince Joachim, as "Uncle Scrooge" is translated to Uncle Joakim in Denmark.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Keep your hat on...lol.

Was that public knowledge before, or after my post was made? I wasn't reading any articles at the time anyway so clearly I wasn't aware Mary was having a natural birth at the time of positing.

In anycase, it was only a thought regarding the possibility of 'if'.
As there are today people still thinking it is possible even after it has been announced that there was no C-Section used, yes, imo it was necessary to point it out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Quote:
I wasnt going to suggest it, but if a c section was had to not only to ensure safe delivery of the twins, perhaps also a little 'tightening' of a certain Crown Princess' tummy was done as well

Only a thought on my behalf, nothing more, so don't start scolding me for suggesting the possibility of Mary having an abdomnoplasty in conjunction with the birth
I wouldn't be surprise about that, we will see in the future in a couple of months how does she looks I think Angelina jolie did that
Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

well i'm sorry joachim and marie are not planning a visit to the twins.
it will prompt further speculations from the press that the relationship between the brothers is quite cold. i am not in a position to know wether this is true or not. of course, it could simply be that joachim and marie are on holiday and the twins were actually expected at the end of january, and with they having being born early january the schedule got a bit mixed up.
still, to joachim and marie the twins are nontheless two newborn nephews and i was thinking that their son henrik might grow to be very close to the boy twins, since they are of very similar age, so it is a pity that they didn't make an effort.
after all, frederik and mary paid their visit to little henrik.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

whatever the relationship is...
they are on vacation and the twins why should they break up when they can visit mary and the twin in a few days - I wouldn´t have a problem if one of my sisters (dont have a brother) would do so, so whats the point
Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Patricia Bailey is already on her way to Denmark
Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

The christening gowns made for Prince Joachim´s three boys was made by Henrik Hviid. I don´t suppose that the CPC will use either one of them. They are made for Prince Joachim´s family.

My guess is that if there is a christening gown in CPss Mary´s family then that one will be used for the twingirl, since she is number 4. The old royal danish christening gown will then be used for the twinboy, since he is number 3.

But the CPC could surprise us and let them both use the old royal danish christening gown and just change the gown between the twins at the baptismal font
Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
That is good news
Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
But the CPC could surprise us and let them both use the old royal danish christening gown and just change the gown between the twins at the baptismal font
I really hope they won´t do that
I think they´ll use the original and a copy, although I think that the most sensible think is getting two new ones. I love when little royals wears those old christening gowns that have been in their families for centuries, but it´s nothing wrong with getting new ones, since the others are too old.
Also, you can never know when the future members of the family can have more twins (maybe Christian can have them in the future), so it´s fine if they have two identical gowns ready for that

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

I don´t think there will be a replica. In the case of no christening gown from CPss Mary´s family, then I think there will be two new gowns made.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As there are today people still thinking it is possible even after it has been announced that there was no C-Section used, yes, imo it was necessary to point it out again.
What I fail to understand is why you sighted my initial post, when it's since been confirmd that Mary had given birth naturally? So in that, I don't think there was any need to bring it up again because no matter what anyone has said since that post, we all know she didn't have a c section so that paritcular topic is void
Quote:

It's nice that Patricia is going to Denmark. It seems both her and Jane take visits in turns which would be nice for Mary.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
What I fail to understand is why you then questioned my post, when it's since been confirmd that Mary had given birth naturally? So in that, I don't think there was any need to bring it up again because no matter what anyone says since my initial post, we all know she didn't have a c section...
Madame Royal
I fail to see why you even bother to speculate

a) when you don't know if there is any c-section and

b) when an ab operation in combination with a c-section, is so far beyond anything you would normally expect besides from perhaps in science fictiction
Old 01-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Benedikte, what was the point of the post exactly?

I've made it ever so clear, that I had made the comment prior to knowing that Mary had given birth naturally? Can we let it go now ladies and move on?

Quote:
b) when an ab operation incombination with a c-section, is so far beyond anything you would normally expect besides from perhaps in science fictiction
Tell that to my two sister in-laws who both had c sections and both had an abdomnoplasty in correlation with the procedure, so sorry, but you are quite wrong.

Closed Thread