Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regina said:
Compare Princess Mary with Jackie Kennedy is too much, IMO. Jackie was like Audrey Hepburn, two natural classy women. No matter how much I like Mary, she is legant because she dresses very well, with cloths of very good quality and designed by good fashion designers. But when I see pictures of her before she got engaged or when she is on vacation, dressed with casual cloths, I don't find her elegant. Jacky Kennedy was always elegant. Even with a pair of vulgar slippers she would be Elegant.

I don't agree with you here . Even though I've always wondered why so many people find Mary so BEAUTIFUL (imo she's not beautiful, just pretty sometimes), I have to say that she is naturally ELEGANT . Some of the other princesses that I find far more BEAUTIFUL than Mary would though not be as elegant, even if they wear the same clothes . Mary has just something special in her manners that just make her look more elegant than the others ...
By the way, I'm in a good mood for sure : I've never made such a positive comment on Mary ...:angel: :lol:

Regina said:
Compare Princess Mary with Jackie Kennedy is too much, IMO. Jackie was like Audrey Hepburn, two natural classy women. No matter how much I like Mary, she is legant because she dresses very well, with cloths of very good quality and designed by good fashion designers. But when I see pictures of her before she got engaged or when she is on vacation, dressed with casual cloths, I don't find her elegant. Jacky Kennedy was always elegant. Even with a pair of vulgar slippers she would be Elegant.

You've never seen Jackie or Audrey Hepburn in a not so elegant way because both ladies came from a high society background. Jackie was a Bouvier, a family who belonged since the 1800s to the top ranks of American society. Jackie's grandfather, Major John Vernou Bouvier jr., wrote a book in which he claimed to descend from the French nobility who fled to the US because of the French revolution. Jackie is said to have been enormously proud of her noble heritage and tried always to appear the perfect (noble) lady.

Audrey Hepburn in fact was a noble, her father was a British banker, related to the British nobility, while her mother was a Baroness Van Heemstra, related to the Orange-Nassaus. Her aunt was lady-in-waiting and friend of queen Wilhelmina. Audrey grew up on her mother's family's estate close to Arnheim where her aunt helped with her education and upbringing as a perfect lady.

It's not "natural" class these two ladies possessed but they were born with the right talents and groomed to perfection. In their time ladies from that background never ever appeared in public without being turned out perfectly. It's quite unfair to compare these high society ladies with their privileged upbringing with middle class girl Mary Donaldson who had to invest in her own grooming and who did it to perfection, IMHO. Plus, I don't believe in your statement about Jackie being elegant even in vulgar slippers because I have yet to see a picture of her committing such a faux pas.

But here's a picture of young Jackie that I find... hmm... not so elegant:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amerika3ty7.jpg

Original can be found here: http://people.freenet.de/antilope/swastiken/amerika3.jpg

Last edited:
before anyone freaks out at the offensive symbol on her dress. the native americans used it way before hitler. i have seen it on different items in museums and asked about it. be assured it does not represent what 20th century people associate it with/(death and hatred)
freaked me out for a minute, so i thought i should explain.

Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn are not the topic of this thread, if you want to discuss them, Celebrity Chit Chat is the forum for you. Please get back on topic.

Thank you,
Norwegianne
Danish forum moderator

I don't like what she wears. She has nice clothes, but she needs someone to tell her how to match them. She looks okay, never too elegant, just okay. IMO of course.

We always see Mary only in pictures and we really don't know how she is!How is her atitute towards all these events!We don't know if she ussualy make many demands regarding security actions, etc. Does anyone know?

"Regent the 34-year-old commoner-born woman will never be. That is a job for the consort, Frederik, born to take over for his mother, Queen Margrethe."

I am quite shocked by the remarks made by the Daily Telegraph.
CP Mary knows that she will only be a queen consort and not the reigning queen.

Sira said:
"Regent the 34-year-old commoner-born woman will never be. That is a job for the consort, Frederik, born to take over for his mother, Queen Margrethe."

I am quite shocked by the remarks made by the Daily Telegraph.
CP Mary knows that she will only be a queen consort and not the reigning queen.

Those remarks were not made by the Daily Telegraph, they were only published by them. The paragraph you posted is an extract taken from Ekstra Bladet :flowers:

Madame Royale said:
Those remarks were not made by the Daily Telegraph, they were only published by them. The paragraph you posted is an extract taken from Ekstra Bladet :flowers:

I woud like to know from witch artikel that paragraph is from because i can not finde it on their webpage.

H.M. Margrethe said:
I woud like to know from witch artikel that paragraph is from because i can not finde it on their webpage.

Really? Perhaps I have made a mistake then. I thought it was a continuation of the extract taken from Ekstra Bladet. If I have made a mistake then I retract my comment.

Last edited:
Looks like the trip to Verbier did her some good---she looks refreshed and less tired.
Her hair is growing back fast i think...

Larzen said:
Mary at Copenhagen International Fashion Fair wearing that Marni coat she has worn like a gazillion times before.

gallery from ppe

thanks for the pictures, she is glowing. the coat is beautiful but i think its time she stops wearing it:)

I am so glad she recycled that coat! I loved it from when she was pregnant with Christian, and I love it now. And her hair looks great- it's really been growing on me.

This is just a short comment...iam not a fan of black stockings, albeit they suit the winter weather.I think thecoat would come off better with clear stocking..besides, she has such nice legs, clear stockings show them off better.
But no matter, she looks so puuuuuuuurty:flowers:

Mary looked so beautiful! Her hair looks better then the last times and I simply love this coat! She really looks glowing and happy! :flowers:

Ctejnoe said:
This is just a short comment...iam not a fan of black stockings, albeit they suit the winter weather.I think thecoat would come off better with clear stocking..besides, she has such nice legs, clear stockings show them off better.
But no matter, she looks so puuuuuuuurty:flowers:
I totally agree with you. I don't particularly like opaque stockings on anyone, but after seeing pictures from the fashion shows this past week, I am realizing that they are in fashion right now. Hopefully this trend won't last long.

Ctejnoe said:
Her hair is growing back fast i think...

That's what I was thinking when I saw today's pics. I still can't get over how the haircut has changed her face shape too. But I've always heard hair grows faster when one is pregnant.

Aurora810 said:
That's what I was thinking when I saw today's pics. I still can't get over how the haircut has changed her face shape too. But I've always heard hair grows faster when one is pregnant.

She looks lovely and that was what I thought when I first saw her new haircut and it seem to change the shape of her face!!

dazzling said:
thanks for the pictures, she is glowing. the coat is beautiful but i think its time she stops wearing it:)

But why? It's a gorgeous coat, and it really is quite becoming to her.

Classic clothes never go out of style! IMHO :rolleyes:

finally mary look pregnant!

Lady Bluffton said:
But why? It's a gorgeous coat, and it really is quite becoming to her.

Classic clothes never go out of style! IMHO :rolleyes:
I agree - it really is a beautiful coat. And if it is one of her favourite outfits - and well-suited for pregnancy - I think it's fine that she keeps using it.

She wore the beautiful coat again!!! Yippee!! I love this coat, it's soo gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures everyone!! :)

i think Mary looks pretty in most of the clothes she wears., whether its casual snow gear or dressed to the nines., she looks lovely, and more so now that shes looking pregnant!

On February 7, 2008, Mary will attend the CIFF Shows to be held, again, at the Bella Center in Copenhagen.

The press is already abuzz including this article which notes:

The Crown Princess has set aside a couple of hours of her very busy programme to follow in the development of Northern Europe's largest fashion fair, for which she has been patroness since 2005... The first portion of the visit will take place at CIFFKIDS, where five clothing manufacturers in the children's section will provide HRH Crown Princess Mary with an insight into current developments in children's fashion.

There is much more to the article so click the above link to read the rest.

Meanwhile, Mary's BFF and recently separated London expat, Caroline Flemming, has come back to Denmark to participate in a fashion show to be held at the luxurious Hotel D’Angleterre in København.

Apparently, it seems as if she is trying to resurrect her ill-faded modeling career by sashaying down the catwalk with the rest of the seventeen year olds for Henriette Zobel's [URL="http://www.pureheart.dk/index.php?Lang=UK"]Pureheart[/URL] (it also seems Caroline snagged the Pureheart campaign for this season. Click the link to view.) Finally, click [URL="http://kvinder.bt.dk/index.php?id=2489"]here[/URL] to read the article from BT.

:D

Last edited:
Caroline is lovely in these new Season Campaign!!!!

Copenhagen Princess Mary attended the International Fashion Fair

PPE Agency

Mary looks radiant!!!! She is in her own environment, she loves fashion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom