The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps I am very far off but Zara's wedding dress suddenly reminds me of that of Lady Rose Gilman. The style of the bodice and the straps at least does that to me. As well as the way the veil is positioned.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Also, I am very surprised that The Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of Rothesay, The Earl of Inverness and The Earl of Strathearn didn't wear kilts.
I love kilts so much I would've thrown one on the groom as well, Scottish or not. Maybe (probably) there's some etiquette issue why kilts were not worn that I'm not aware of.

Why does everyone have a bridal bouquet with just white flowers in it? Does anyone know what flowers Zara had in her bouquet? She could've had some nice Scottish flowers there.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can only assume the reason for the lack of kilts is because the groom and his attendants chose not to wear kilts. I think had the wedding party been in kilts the royal family members who wear kilts would have followed suit. Either that or Zara and Mike preferred that morning dress be worn.

Certainly the younger members of the royal family have avoided kilts so far and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Nobility

So.... what a bride, beautifull and also Sophie looks nice!! ofcourse Catherine !!!
A very happy family seems to me.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Perhaps I am very far off but Zara's wedding dress suddenly reminds me of that of Lady Rose Gilman. The style at least does that to me.
Lady Rose's dress was much more flowy and less "tight" than Zara's. They do have the little shoulder pieces in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post

Why does everyone have a bridal bouquet with just white flowers in it? Does anyone know what flowers Zara had in her bouquet? She could've had some nice Scottish flowers there.
Calla lilies, from what I've looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
William was never going to wear a kilt as he has never done so, certainly not since he was a very small child. He's just not interested in wearing kilts.
Umm is that proved or your own opinion?
Well he has a scottish title, and one day will be King of Scotland all being well, he should get used to feeling a breeze IMO.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
So ....lovely wedding but I will say the dress is a tad dissappointing, can't put my finger on way ....maybe because it's a bit plain .....Zara has always had a bit if zsa zsa zu which doesn't come off in this dress.....still lovely but not blown away

But that being said, she herself looks stunning and so happy for them both! Congrats!

I agree - the dress has a fitted bodice that directed attention to her hips and stomach. She is a fit athlete and in great shape but the dress's bodice did not flatter her figure.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't have a problem with white flowers at all, I'd much rather see white flowers than those (to me) dreaded red roses. Red roses with a white wedding dress - why, just why? That doesn't match at all in my eyes.

Quote:
Lady Rose's dress was much more flowy and less "tight" than Zara's. They do have the little shoulder pieces in common.
I put an addition to my post, I suppose after you hit the Quote button

Quote:
Well he has a scottish title, and one day will be King of Scotland all being well, he should get used to feeling a breeze IMO.
A nice, little refreshing breeze between his..... I'll leave it at this
Old 07-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Umm is that proved or your own opinion?
Anyone who chooses to go to the Braemar Games, quite possibly the most Scottish event on the planet where just about every male is in a kilt, wearing a suit obviously has no intention of wearing a kilt anywhere. I think William will be middle aged before we see him in a kilt, if ever.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I am shocked by how traditional the bride's dress was! She looked wonderful- right up there with Kate.
The hats were horrible- the only one I liked was the Queen's and even that had too many feathers!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Video of bride and groom as well as guests departing from the church
BBC News - Zara Phillips wedding: Newlyweds and guests leave church
Old 07-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Spletnik -Ms.Zara Phillips: The wedding ceremony

Congratulations to the couple!
Mrs.Phillips-Tindal looked great. I liked a simplicity of the dress.
Sophie's, Countess of Wessex, ensemble was chic. She did a great job of pulling off a new generation of the satellite hat.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
...Also, anyone have a picture of Lady Sarah Chatto?
MagMil's post 103 on page 6 of this thread has a link to pix of Lady Sarah, and Autumn Phillips is with her. You won't be surprised by Lady Sarah's outfit!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Still not fan of all these hats that look like satellite dishes with flowers squished underneath but I guess Philip Treacy is everyone's favourite nowadays... Duchess of Cambridge's hat reminds me of the one Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore in Monaco. Call me old-fashioned but I'm also not a fan of wearing white (or cream) when attending someone's wedding. I love the colour on Bea although not liking all that frilly stuff on the skirt. And Camilla's hat... just too much!
You and I think alike! You wrote my post about hats and outfits for me-
although IMO, nothing wrong with wearing white/cream at a wedding. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like the Queen is leaving the party
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
Now they can really let their hair down. The Queen is leaving the wedding reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in a chopper to Balmoral.
19 minutes ago
Old 07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Catharina;1294722]Still not fan of all these hats that look like satellite dishes with flowers squished underneath but I guess Philip Treacy is everyone's favourite nowadays... Duchess of Cambridge's hat reminds me of the one Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore in Monaco. Call me old-fashioned but I'm also not a fan of wearing white (or cream) when attending someone's wedding. I love the colour on Bea although not liking all that frilly stuff on the skirt. And Camilla's hat... just too much!

The bride is beaming but the dress is a bit blah for some reason. I love the tiara but wish she had some hair behind it if you know what I mean. The tiara needs a higher updo so it wouldn't look like the wearer has a flat head. Still beautiful though. QUOTE]

Agreed - the hats are beginning to look similar - like platters with flowers....a bit repetitious as are the nude colored shoes. It is obvious what is currently in vogue..but everyone looked nice. I would not be happy to be seated in church behind the lady with the huge orange hat. The Queen’s hat was cute and the color she wore was flattering. As usual, the Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning….probably it is that charisma she was blessed with, she has the ability to radiate happiness when she smiles….this carries over to the cameras.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
MagMil's post 103 on page 6 of this thread has a link to pix of Lady Sarah, and Autumn Phillips is with her. You won't be surprised by Lady Sarah's outfit!
Tried that, this link Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers leads me to a bunch of football players.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Gotta love Zara, gets out of the car and shuts the door herself. She is so not pretentious.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Tried that, this link Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers leads me to a bunch of football players.
This might work for you:

http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...saphotos533846
Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I cannot see the picture !
Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yes, I kept having that problem too, but when I put in "lady sarah chatto" and "today" on the search thingy, the pix came up. I was going thru page after page looking for wedding pictures until I thought to use the search feature!

Tags
mike tindall, wedding, zara phillips