Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 3: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never really noticed it either, but indeed in several of the photos there definitely is a very good likeness (i always think of it as the 'Queen Mary genes', here features to me are very visible in several of her ancestors)

Never really noticed it either, but indeed in several of the photos there definitely is a very good likeness (i always think of it as the 'Queen Mary genes', here features to me are very visible in several of her ancestors)
It is certainly the Queen Mary genes.
Amazing.

I always half-jokingly say 'no one looks like Bertie' but perhaps I was looking in the wrong chromosome pool.

I also think there's a super-strong resemblance between his sister Mary when young and Zara.

Queen Mary, Princess Mary, Anne, Zara, Edward, Peter, Louise, Isla. They all of the same gene pool.

Queen Elizabeth too was very like her grandmother when she got older.

Zara competed at the Chatsworth Trials this weekend:

** dailymail article **

Bit unfair of the Mail to say Zara’s Olympic career is behind her. Eventers can compete for many years and many of the leading riders are older than Zara. She just hasn’t had an Olympic quality horse since London. She’s still riding the big 5* events- she was at Kentucky the weekend before the coronation.

Mike attended the Podcast Show 2023 at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, today, May 24:

** rex gallery **

Wow. I’d never noticed the resemblance, but I sure see it now!

bit late to the party on this post, but that is so cool ! I have never noticed the resemblance before.

Zara competed in the Bramham International Horse Trials in West Yorkshire yesterday, June 8:

** dm article **

The Magic Millions Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe has started today, August 4.

Zara competes, supported by family members like Anne and Tim, the gallery will maybe be updated with more later on:

** rex gallery **

The Princess Royal has a lovely and close family with her children and grandchildren living on the estate together. Her former husband is also involved in designing the course for one of the events this weekend.

They do really seem like a close and supportive family. The Princess Royal and her children look like they enjoy being together.

I like Zara, it would be great if she qualified for the Olympics in France next year and it very much looks as if she is serious about doing that with the number of events she's involved in right now. 42 isn't what it used to be in relation to competing in sports, she is slim, fit and very experienced so she has every chance but even I would say that this will probably be her last hurrah. By all accounts she blew winning gold at the last Olympics but even to qualify as an Olympian is huge and to win Silver is incredible. Good luck Zara!

I like Zara, it would be great if she qualified for the Olympics in France next year and it very much looks as if she is serious about doing that with the number of events she's involved in right now. 42 isn't what it used to be in relation to competing in sports, she is slim, fit and very experienced so she has every chance but even I would say that this will probably be her last hurrah. By all accounts she blew winning gold at the last Olympics but even to qualify as an Olympian is huge and to win Silver is incredible. Good luck Zara!

Equestrian sports aren’t like other sports- Zara’s age is not even a little bit of a factor and there’s no reason this would be her last if she doesn’t want it to be. Many riders compete in their fifties and even sixties.

I also have never read any accounts in equestrian media insinuating that Zara “blew” winning gold at London.

Equestrian sports aren’t like other sports- Zara’s age is not even a little bit of a factor and there’s no reason this would be her last if she doesn’t want it to be. Many riders compete in their fifties and even sixties.

I also have never read any accounts in equestrian media insinuating that Zara “blew” winning gold at London.

Me neither. She and her horse High Kingdom were very strong in the cross-country section and the jumping section. She had other teammates that messed up the jumping section, but Zara jumping clean secured them the silver. The Germans were pretty much a lock for the gold medal after the dressage round, where they came in as the heavy favs.

Back
Top Bottom