The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
Is this correct- I mean, if she filled out her name on a form, would she write Mrs. Michael Tindall? She might be Mrs. Michael Tindall for the purposes of invitations, etc., but her name would be Mrs. Zara Tindall, I believe.

When she fills in a form they usually have sections for 'title' - Mrs, 'first name' Zara 'surname' Tindall and then previous name - Phillips.

Her official name now is Mrs Micheal Tindall but most people will call her Mrs Zara Tindall because they don't know or want to know the difference in the formal use of names and what they indicate - fine.

Professionally, like a lot of women, she will continue to be known as Zara Phillips.

Next year at Ascot her name badge is likely to be Mrs Michael Tindall and any reference to her in the Court Circular will also be Mrs Michael Tindall - just as Autumn is Mrs Peter Phillips on the royal website etc.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to Zara and Mike!!

They looked radiant and so happy today. May they know every happiness in the years to come. :o)

I'm on the fence about the Dress. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just doesn't seem to suit Zara all that well. The fact the veil wore her instead of Zara wearing the veil did not help. If the veil had been attached to the back of the tiara, such as w/Kate and other Royal brides, I think the veil would have been far more flattering.

I would have loved to have seen her w/the Fringe, just to keep the Tradition going, but the Meander really did suit and look lovely on Zara.

What I'm still amazed by is how good the York girls looked today. I mean...Were those the same two walking fashion disasters that were at William and Kate's Wedding!?! Beatrice in particular and if I was her, I'd get a formal gown in that colour. It looked beyond amazing on her. I really liked Eugenie too, until I saw the back of the jacket. Still...She's one of the few people in the Public Eye that I've seen look good in deep browns and even w/that unfortunate back, it's still a step up from the last couple of years. For the first time though, the front of the jacket looked good and it's about darned time!!

Thought both Kate and Sophie looked lovely, as did the Queen. HM should wear peach more often. It really brings out the best in her.

What was Anne thinking w/that jacket? Yuck!! Pity, because what was visible of the actual dress looked nice, but that thing she wrapped herself in... :o/

Not to mention Camilla's hat/headpiece. It literally looks like five or six birds landed on the framework and then exploded!! Yikes!!

It looks that everyone had a lovely day, but especially the Stars of the Day. Which is as it should be.

Once again, Congratulations to Zara and Mike!!! :o)

Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Having read everyone's views here I will add my two cents worth:

Zara - loved the dress as it was just so much like I would expect Zara to wear - something no one else would expect... The tiara was a wonderful choice and a great acknowledgement of her grandfather and his influence in her, and her mother's lives.

Catherine - bland as usual and the hat designed to be over the top and to guarantee that she gets more exposure than she should on this day (e.g. CNN have just done a 30 sec talk over a series of photos from the wedding - two images of Zara and Mike and then about 10 of Kate) - a smaller hat would have been more appropriate - I can't think of anything she has worn that says 'wow' - they are all bland but that suits her blandness and her husband as well

Beatrice - got it right

Mike - couldn't stop smiling - and his nose is so distinctive - I hope he has a good World Cup...

William and Harry - happy and ok looking - need to do a double take if William isn't with Kate to check it isn't Edward - he is looking a lot older than 29 - looking closer to 40 than 30 (as does his wife actually) - Harry looked like he wanted to break into some sort of larrikanism but couldn't with the minister looking on

Peter and Tim - hardly noticed them

Mark Philips - nice to see him and he looked good - but his looks have deserted him a bit over the years - he looked so much like the proud father of course and it was also good to see him with Anne at the end - well he was with Mike's mother and Anne with Mike's father but the four of them together seemed comfortable together.

Completely agree with everything said here (especially the notes about Will and Kate )
Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine2001 View Post
I agree. I think it is sad the way that some people are not just being critical of her dress, but of Zara's body as well. Maybe it would be better if she looked anorexic--then she wouldn't look "fat" at all. She just looks like a real woman instead of anorexic. Unfortunately, that looks "fat" to some people because we've gotten use to women looking anorexic.
Hmmm, that's an interesting comment given the high numbers of obese people in the States and I understand even in the UK. I don't like "anorexic" but at the same time that label is thrown out way too freqently at young women who happen to be slender (and very healthy) and that's not right. Zara's arms are much like mine were at that age (along with the "sturdy" legs.) The only time my arms and legs looked decent was during a time I was going through some emotional turmoil ... unfortunately the rest of me looked like s**t.

ETA ... gee, wish I could look as bland as Catherine. :)
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Zara's dress is a bit too long; it folds over at some points. I don't dislike it but it isn't anything special, either.

And why did someone not tell Mike Tindall to avoid filling his pockets with stuff that would ruin the line of his suit? It looks awful!

Beatrice's outfit was bright but much too busy.
Eugenie, as usual, looked stuffed into her outfit! Why doesn't she buy clothers a size larger? It would help a lot!
Catherine and Sophie looked nice, but have looked better. Camilla was a bit much!

The Queen always looks attractively dressed, but Anne- that jacket was not becoming, to say the least.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Having read everyone's views here I will add my two cents worth:

Zara - loved the dress as it was just so much like I would expect Zara to wear - something no one else would expect. At first I thought she should have had more coverage over the top but then I had another couple of looks and it comes across as a lovely dress and it suits her. The bouquet was also a great one and so typical of royal bouquets with the all white and I am sure there will be the traditional myrtle that has been in the British royal bouquets since 1840 (Kate had some in her bouquet as well). The tiara was a wonderful choice and a great acknowledgement of her grandfather and his influence in her, and her mother's lives. Having actually seen this tiara in 2002 when it was on display at the Victoria and Albert museum as part of the Golden Jubilee displays and it is delicate looking.

The Queen - a usual straightforward single colour ensemble - it looks like the Queen's standard wedding 'uniform'. She does tend to wear the same style in just different colours to these sorts of events.

Camilla - another 'uniform' outfit - she also wears this style to weddings and similar events so nothing surprising here and I loved her hat as again it is the style she wears a lot of the time - and it is her style - distinctive and could even be named 'the Camilla look'

Catherine - bland as usual and the hat designed to be over the top and to guarantee that she gets more exposure than she should on this day (e.g. CNN have just done a 30 sec talk over a series of photos from the wedding - two images of Zara and Mike and then about 10 of Kate) - a smaller hat would have been more appropriate - I can't think of anything she has worn that says 'wow' - they are all bland but that suits her blandness and her husband as well

Beatrice - got it right - not surprising seeing as it was designed by Angela Kelly who dresses the Queen - evidence that the Queen herself possibly has taken a hand in the clothing choices of her granddaughters - maybe after William's wedding Andrew asked for help for his daughters from within his family rather than leaving the guidance to be coming from their mother (although I liked Beatrice outfit at William's wedding if you remove the hat) - loved the colour, the hat was more appropriate for this occasion - top marks from me

Eugenie - another improvement since April and I loved the bow - on a 21 year old - but if she tried it in 10 years it would be awful - suited the occasion and her age and again from Angela Kelly - her choice of colour though could have been better - both girls look best in solid colours rather than blends

Sophie - good as usual - but I wasn't all that fussed with the back - would rate her as making a solid effort this year - she looked good because she is so comfortable in her own skin and her position

Anne - well she was Anne - skirt looked good but that top - if anyone hadn't known who the mother-of-the-bride was they wouldn't guess it from that mishmash of clothes. She can look so good - but again in solid colours - two weddings this year and two huge misses for Anne and unfortunately one of these weddings was her own daughters

Autumn - got it right as the sister-in-law of the bride - looked good and happy and comfortable - loved the colour as well

The bridesmaids and Matron of honour looked a bit washed out but they always do a royal weddings with the colour being white. Why they don't put some colour in them I don't know - but no doubt we will have to wait until Beatrice gets married to see some chance of a bit of colour on bridesmaids but... The actual design for the little girls was fine but for Stephanie and the Matron of Honour I think they should have been longer - they all looked like 'little girl' dresses.

The blokes - ok they were all wearing the same basic suit design - pleasant to look at of course.

Mike - couldn't stop smiling - and his nose is so distinctive - I hope he has a good World Cup but not win it (go Wallabies) but he can be on the loosing side in the final (unlike 2003 when he was on the winning side and won himself a bride)

Philip - gee he looks good for 90

Charles - again looking good - he simply seems to be getting younger these days

William and Harry - happy and ok looking - need to do a double take if William isn't with Kate to check it isn't Edward - he is looking a lot older than 29 - looking closer to 40 than 30 (as does his wife actually) - Harry looked like he wanted to break into some sort of larrikanism but couldn't with the minister looking on

Andrew - so pleased to hear the cheers when he got out of the car - looks like the weight of the world has been lifted from his shoulders - his trip to Canada and giving up Trade role have taken years off him and made him look happy - unlike April

Edward - as usual looks good - and as a happy husband why shouldn't he?

Peter and Tim - hardly noticed them

Mark Philips - nice to see him and he looked good - but his looks have deserted him a bit over the years - he looked so much like the proud father of course and it was also good to see him with Anne at the end - well he was with Mike's mother and Anne with Mike's father but the four of them together seemed comfortable together.
William and Catherine blendness should fit well with the rest of the family.
HM herself is not someone I would call flavourish
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post

ETA ... gee, wish I could look as bland as Catherine. :)
You and me both. The chick's got class and style. I say 'way to go' .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Zara's dress is okay, it looks very off the rack, doesn't look custom at all. I think Eugenie was one of the best dressed guests, And that ridiculous guest with the huge orange hat shouldn't of even been invited! There were times when people knew how to dress when attending weddings, unfortunately those times have passed and we see everyone looking ridiculous!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Majesty

I came across this picture on my twitter, and found the facial expressions to be rather amusing. Would love to know what was going on.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/120...F4EDFF322DFCA5

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Zara and Mike

What a positively beaming couple, and what nice Wedding pictures

I wasn't expecting Zara to keep her Maiden name. It makes sense, given her sporting career, but I didn't think it was a very "Royal" thing to do. I guess I was wrong Good on her for doing what is probably a Royal first.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I came across this picture on my twitter, and found the facial expressions to be rather amusing. Would love to know what was going on.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/120...F4EDFF322DFCA5
Kate spots the photographer Chris Jackson of Getty Images and points it out to William. (Chris admitted to it himself on Twitter). Not given official access to the church, the media hired a cafe opposite the church and were presumably snapping away from the balcony.

I should say Chris Jackson isn't new to WK. He took the exclusive "official Canada tour" photo (the ones of them in navy) of the couple and was also the only photographer on the tarmac as they departed LA.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

everyone looks great and very happy
Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Somehow Zara did not look like the daughter of the Princess Royal but like a "mere" Miss Phillips. Which is what I personally like in her and her approach to the wedding. Her dress suited her and her husband, IMHO, it was a dress for a normal girl who wanted to be princess for a day while Catherine back in april wore a dress for a future princess and queen.
Quote:
This is the most hideous gown I've seen in quite a while, when someone in royal circles marry. I'm sorry, but it looks cheap and made in a hurry this dress. Didn't they have enough fabric, and had to sew on a piece of another fabric at the bottom?
My opinion lies somewhere in between these two. I'm not familiar with Zara's personal style, but the fact she chose a low-key look thrills me. But her dress looks a cheap knock-off of Kate's...and that the dressmaker had no money to buy lace and so tossed on tulle instead for the back and sleeves. And, yet, somehow, the dress charms me. It's completely, utterly bland but she's so radiant that one forgets about the dress.

That said, I do like the back of the gown and the contrast of the tiara (which seems "practical" rather than "romantic") to the softness of the gown.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Zara is not taking her husbands name. When she fills out form she will be Zara Phillips.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

Lovely Bride, was surprised there were no sleeves on the wedding gown, very pleased she wore a Tiara, love diamond headpieces on a Bride.
Happiness to them both.
HM Queen - elegant as always.
Loved Kate, she fits right in.
Loved Sophie, Outfit perfect - she will be known for those Hats she wears, & for pulling it off and still looking elegant.
Bea & Eugenie, much better dressed than the last wedding.
Eugenie looks like she is dressing as a 40 year old IMO.
Mother of the Bride, looks like Princess Anne with a brighter skirt!!!
Camilla, looked more relaxed at this one, interesting head piece.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know why Andrew Parker-Bowles was there?

Was he at Wills & Kate's Wedding?

And who were the Flower Girls? (sad not to see Lady Louise)
Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
Does anyone know why Andrew Parker-Bowles was there?

Was he at Wills & Kate's Wedding?

And who were the Flower Girls? (sad not to see Lady Louise)

I would guess because he is one of Zara's godfathers and a lifelong friend of Princess Anne's. It would be for a similar reason that Mrs Jackie Stewart who is one of her godmothers was invited with her husbandm of course.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...seWindsor.aspx

Zara Phillips (b. 15 May 1981) was christened Zara Anne Elizabeth on 27 July 1981 in the Private Chapel, Windsor Castle, by the Dean of Windsor, the Rt Rev. Michael Mann.

Her godparents were: her uncle the Duke of York; the Countess of Lichfield; Mrs Jackie Stewart; Colonel Andrew Parker- Bowles; and Mr Hugh Thomas.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know who the blonde haired lady in blue is who was in the car with Princess Anne and Tim Laurence? Is she the second wife of Mark Phillips?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordeliaFitzgerald View Post
But her dress looks a cheap knock-off of Kate's...
Except that it's completely different! They're both big white dresses, but that's the end of the similarities, as far as I can see.

I love the structural front seaming and the dropped waist. I thought it was lovely. I'm a fan of sleeves on wedding dresses, but at least her shoulders were covered. The veil was over the top and looked out of control, but the tiara was amazing to see. I thought she did a good job!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Does anyone know who the blonde haired lady in blue is who was in the car with Princess Anne and Tim Laurence? Is she the second wife of Mark Phillips?
Yes, that was Sandy Pflueger Phillips.

Tags
mike tindall, wedding, zara phillips