Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Evening Wedding Reception - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, MRSJ and ayvee!

For your identification of the amorous couple in a taxi.

Note to self: there was more than one red-haired man wearing a dinner jacket and no tie during the early morning hours of April 30.

This was definitely the most interesting account of the evening party so far.
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...reception.html)

Every article I have read has a different version of how PH ended the evening. In one, he parties at the Goring, then sleeps over in a room there. In another he taxis home from the Goring in the early morning hours. In yet another, he goes from the Goring to Chelsy's flat, and home to CH thereafter. In this one, he seemingly goes directly to CH after the party at BP!

I think they either removed or moved that most interesting account of the evening party so far (telegraph.co.uk has been known to take down accounts not pleasing to the RF).

Perhaps it's just moved, though.

I think they either removed or moved that most interesting account of the evening party so far (telegraph.co.uk has been known to take down accounts not pleasing to the RF).

Perhaps it's just moved, though.

Here's another link that seems to be the same story I read earlier.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...nd-Williams-extraordinary-palace-reception.ht

Hmmm. that didn't work. Try clicking on the link in post 143; that worked for me, but it didn't work when I copied and pasted it.

Last edited:
This one comes up as unavaible to me too .....interesting.....

Your post 143 provides a working link to what seems to be the same story I was referring to. I don't recall the details about the various drinks and the additional 'getaway' (to the other side of BP) in earlier versions. I do think there's something a little funny about the changes, but it's probably just updating issues.

Catherine looked beautiful on her wedding day in both dresses. Also her sister was stunning... Beatiful Middleton girls...

As much as I want to see the sister as "beautiful" I can't. I would say that Catherine is a beautiful girl, but her sister Pippa is to me just cute or good looking. I don't think she is as beautiful as they are making it seem....

As much as I want to see the sister as "beautiful" I can't. I would say that Catherine is a beautiful girl, but her sister Pippa is to me just cute or good looking. I don't think she is as beautiful as they are making it seem....

Pippa reminds me of a brunette Carrie Underwood.

I would love to see how everybody was dress for this reseption, bbut not many photos around1

The one dress I want to see is a picture of the second dress Kate wore minus the bolero - perhaps at a future official function?

Please tell me I didnt see Princess Beatrice in tennis shoes!!!! She was joking right? The dress is awful to begin with but Im sure would have looked a hundred times better with a proper pair of heels. I cant believe she would do that. How embarrassing!! :eek:

Please tell me I didnt see Princess Beatrice in tennis shoes!!!! She was joking right? The dress is awful to begin with but Im sure would have looked a hundred times better with a proper pair of heels. I cant believe she would do that. How embarrassing!! :eek:

If you're talking about the picture I'm thinking of, that was at the end of the evening. I'm sure she wouldn't wear sneakers for the whole evening.

If you're talking about the picture I'm thinking of, that was at the end of the evening. I'm sure she wouldn't wear sneakers for the whole evening.

And if you're talking about the picture that I'm thinking of, it would appear that she wouldn't have worn the back half of her skirt the whole evening!

Grand Duchess Teresa's gown was pure vintage-like beautiful. AND, it looks like Princess Alexandra had dressed from a trunk marked "Late 1970s." I had a sequined blouse just
like that...and I'm sure I still have it.

The one dress I want to see is a picture of the second dress Kate wore minus the bolero - perhaps at a future official function?

Probably not. But then, ma.....y.......be; since everyone appears to be recycling. She could just wear that thing out with overlays of various fabrics.

However, it prob won't fit her in 2 year's time.

Last edited:

I think Catherine is by far the better-looking sister!

But Pippa did look very striking in that Sarah Burton dress; if a dress ever made the most of someone's good points, it was that one!

i loved Catherine's little white cardigan; maybe knitting might make a comeback!

i wonder why we didn't see any pics of Countess of Wessex at the evening do; perhaps because the Wessexes were staying at Buckingham Palace and didnt' have to go anywhere?

Well, this weekend, with a little time on my hands, I made the Official 'Williams' favourite Chocolate Wedding Cake' that was served at the evening reception..' and I have to say that it was absolutely delicious; if rather fattening.......... oh well!! I even used the Rich Tea biscuits that the recipe specified, even though my instinct was to use the [to me] slightly nicer Digestives...

I think Catherine is by far the better-looking sister!

But Pippa did look very striking in that Sarah Burton dress; if a dress ever made the most of someone's good points, it was that one!

In some photos, I think it is Kate -- but it is Pippa. They are both nice looking, but they'd both have to go quite a ways to be beautiful.

Well, this weekend, with a little time on my hands, I made the Official 'Williams' favourite Chocolate Wedding Cake' that was served at the evening reception..' and I have to say that it was absolutely delicious; if rather fattening.......... oh well!! I even used the Rich Tea biscuits that the recipe specified, even though my instinct was to use the [to me] slightly nicer Digestives...

I agree with Digestives being nicer in direct comparison to one another. I haven't had the "cake", so I can't comment on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved Catherine's little white cardigan; maybe knitting might make a comeback!

i wonder why we didn't see any pics of Countess of Wessex at the evening do; perhaps because the Wessexes were staying at Buckingham Palace and didnt' have to go anywhere?

Didn't she hurt herself just a few days before the wedding? maybe she wasn't in a very dancing mood and decided to stay put.

Do you have the recipe? Could I have it, please?

When was the picture taken? maybe along with that engagement shoot. the pic has a very Mario Testino feeling to it. Anyone knows?
How I wish they would release some more :(

I've just been completely through this thread again, looking at the photos. I am still baffled as to why the bustline on both Kate's gowns are "cones." I swear, I would not have paid the designer until they looked natural, or at least more natural.

Also, someone had asked if Kate might be wearing hip pads with the second dress. I have looked quite intently and, I believe she is wearing hip pads.

When was the picture taken? maybe along with that engagement shoot. the pic has a very Mario Testino feeling to it. Anyone knows?
How I wish they would release some more :(
No idea I thought maybe it was from the reception originally hence why I posted it here but looking at it again William is wearing a tie which he was not during the reception. So then I thought maybe it's from the engagement photoshoot but the tie doesn't match, in those he was wearing a regular blue tie so no clue! I'm intrigued now. Oh ya to Mods if you want to make these last few posts a new thread you can seeing as i have just now realized the photo isn't from the evening reception

Also, someone had asked if Kate might be wearing hip pads with the second dress. I have looked quite intently and, I believe she is wearing hip pads.

Yes, especially since it was published that the wedding dress itself was padded (see quote below), I would imagine the evening gown was, as well:

"The ivory satin bodice, which is narrowed at the waist and padded at the hips, draws on the Victorian tradition of corsetry and is a hallmark of Alexander McQueen’s designs."

Back
Top Bottom