The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Other than the floral headdress, which I absolutely despise, Sarah was a gorgeous bride. The dress, the tiara, the flowers, everything was lovely.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Aristocracy

I loved the bridesmaid's dresses, style and color. The hoops they carried were original and very pretty! Sarah's dress was a good fit and style for her.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Nobility

She really looked like a fairytale princess that day. gosh that seems like a lifetime ago.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
Other than the floral headdress, which I absolutely despise, Sarah was a gorgeous bride. The dress, the tiara, the flowers, everything was lovely.
I think it was a symbolic touch to her being non-royal when she entered the Abbey and a Duchess when she left. The floral arrangement was removed after the blessings. I don't remember if she had her tiara on the whole time or it replaced the headdress. I thought it was an interesting touch.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

It certainly worked better as a symbol than as a decorative touch! She did look a bit as though a window box had fallen on her head on the way into church. Since the flowers were outside the veil, which was over her face, it was clear that a change was going to be made at some point so I wasn't surprised to see the tiara after the signing of the register.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Sarah's mother was a beautiful woman.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Commoner

I remember thinking at the time (I was 14!) that it was a lovely dress and that I'd like one like that. Even looking at it now, if you ignore the 80's shoulder pads, it's a flattering dress that suited its wearer. Really, those shoulders sre the only thing that dates the dress.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Nobility

I loved the sheen of Sarah's dress and style itself, but the bouquet of flowers was way too small. And yes her mother was gorgeous. Sarah and her mother really didn't look anything alike.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Courtier

A video from YouTube: the bride enters the abbey, then walks to the altar with her father.

Arleen Auger singing during the cermony:

Old 04-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It certainly worked better as a symbol than as a decorative touch! She did look a bit as though a window box had fallen on her head on the way into church.

I concur with you, Kelly9480, I hated the floral bandana wrapped around her head.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Gentry

They've just divorced for a long tima, ha?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

I also loved Sarah's dress--she looked so radiant that day! The Royal Family looked so happy; I will say that I loathed Diana's polka-dot monstrosity. As for Sarah's floral arrangement on top of her head, I believe that tradition goes back to Queen Victoria, who wore a very similar flower arrangement on her head and then a tiara after the wedding--it makes Sarah's tribute to Queen Victoria touching, but it can't erase that the flower headpiece was really too big---

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Another video from Youtube: the newlyweds with their families waving to the crowd on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

Where were the engagement photos taken? Windsor?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Buckingham Palace, marezdote.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yep, the main part of Buckingham Palace is quite a bit older than the facade that we're so used to seeing; it's less ornate and is built from a brown stone, not that white that we're so familiar with. So photos taken in the garden looking back at the building will show architecture that doesn't look much like the front of the building.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks iowabelle and Elspeth!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
More APL engagement pictures.
Hi Mandy,
would you by any chance have larger pictures of theseas I can lay claim to having designed and made the Belt That ~Sarah Fergusonj wore at the engagement photos, she very kindly sent me a signed copy showing the belt but sadly lost this and many other pictures in ahouse fire 13 years ago. many thanks for your help if you can in advance
yours
Rumpers
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I love seeing the footage of their wedding. It takes me back to when I was a child and I got up really early to watch the wedding with my aunt and cousins. It is too bad that this romance didn't work out. I know that a lot of people don't like Sarah Ferguson, but I have always liked her. She seems like she has a fun and friendly personality.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

I liked Sarah, The Duchess of York's Wedding dress soooo much better then Diana's bc diana's look WAYYYYYYY to big for her it looked like it would fall off of her any moment it didnt flatter diana. Sarah's dress how ever was SOOOO flattering on her and it really made her look good i mean it FLATTERED Sarah's figure SOOOOOOO well unlike diana's dress.

Tags
duke of york, london, prince andrew, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson, wedding