Prince Ali and Rym al-Brahimi: 8 September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the pic where Rym is signing her marriage contract...She looks so sweet...and her dress is amazing...

By the way, what kind of dress rania is wearing..she looks ridiculous to me...Lol

For Getty images, hit the "refresh" button on your toolbar to see the image

matesha said:
By the way, what kind of dress rania is wearing..she looks ridiculous to me...Lol
I would admit that I like the color of the dress; however, I do agree that the dress she is wearing isn't the best.

Seeing the picture with Rym's mother and Haya, I have decided I do like her dress. She looks pretty.

I am sorry, but Rym's dress is not flattering whatsoever. It is soooooooooo masculine. The top could double for a miltary jacket. The shirt doesn't soften the look. She is in no way feminine in my opinion, especially given that it is her wedding day. I would have preferred Rym to trade her attire,"Moroccan style," for what Rania has on today. It wouldn't hurt for Rania to put on some cloths for once; Rym has on enough today for the both of them. lol

Akilah said:
I am sorry, but Rym's dress is not flattering whatsoever. It is soooooooooo masculine. The top could double for a miltary jacket. The shirt doesn't soften the look. She is in no way feminine in my opinion, especially given that it is her wedding day. I would have preferred Rym to trade her attire,"Moroccan style," for what Rania has on today. It wouldn't hurt for Rania to put on some cloths for once; Rym has on enough today for the both of them. lol
I think that dress is a version of a Circassian dress. P. Ali is known to have apassion for all things Circassian. but I agree, perhaps a traditional North African caftan would have looked better. Although I am not sure quite what an Algerican caftan is like. The bride's mother is clearly wearly a Moroccan one.

papillon said:
Oh, but it's rather sad that there are no parents for P. Ali. :(
There is such a total lack of senior family men, which leads me to think that perhaps they were not invited ? :confused: Nor any male cousins.......

Last edited:
It is her(Rym) day and her choice. She is utterly beaming and that is what counts most. I'm impressed that neither she nor the bride of Prince Hamzah caved and wore couture western style dresses. I love their traditional choices.

i agree with you paloma. i love the traditional dresses. very discreet and classy.

I'm glad they didn't choose Western couture dresses, too. Those aren't the only beautiful clothes in the world.

shelley said:
I think that dress is a version of a Circassian dress. P. Ali is known to have apassion for all things Circassian. but I agree, perhaps a traditional North African caftan would have looked better. Although I am not sure quite what an Algerican caftan is like. The bride's mother is clearly wearly a Moroccan one.
Ali's passion for Circassian things is understandable. His mother, the late Queen Alia, was of Circassian descent, not Palestinian as has been reported in the media. The Tuqan/Touqan clan are Circassians who settled in the West Bank. I think Rym's choice of dress was beautiful. I wish them lifelong happiness together.

paloma said:
It is her(Rym) day and her choice. She is utterly beaming and that is what counts most. I'm impressed that neither she nor the bride of Prince Hamzah caved and wore couture western style dresses. I love their traditional choices.

I agree as well, paloma...As long as Rym is happy...you can't please everyone anyhow.

beautiful pictures!
What's the traditional dress Rym is wearing called? I haven't seen any jordanian royal women wear it.
Rania looks so pretty, cant say the same about haya though

I wonder who among the jordanian royal family are going to the crown prince of brunei's lavish wedding.
btw somebody just started a thread about Ali and Rym's wedding in the wedding forum.

paloma said:
Totally agree and i respect Rym and Noor for that...rania, although she is wearing a Prada dress, i did not like that dress on her. And AGAIN, she is not wearing a traditional dress:eek: :eek: nor did she in Haya's or Noor's...

He already caught my I too, he is amazingly hot hahahahha

i think Rania looks pretty, but maybe not because of the dress, just the glow from her pregnancy. But she does look out of place, especially with that bag in her hand. I think she's carrying the designer thing too far.
And where is Queen Noor and her daughters?

Last edited:
What a lovely couple! I wish them much happiness.:)

They are so lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Queen Rania is vey beutiful !!!!!!!!!

Just now who his the groom bride.?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
i think Rania looks pretty, but maybe not because of the dress, just the glow from her pregnancy. But she does look out of place, especially with that bag in her hand. I think she's carrying the designer thing too far.
I thought the same thing too. Where is Q. Noor? Was she not invited to the wedding? But Hamzah and Hashim were there.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Iman and Rayah were there,I saw them and so was Aisha but didn't see QN and Noor Hamzah. Iman Rayah,Aisha and Princess Muna were at Ali's grandparents House as they all went there so the groom and Bride would visit Ali and Haya's Grandmother,Hanan Toukan,Q. Alia's Mother. and the big portrait of Q.Alia was at Ali's Grandmother's house not at KA's!

Amoula said:
Iman and Rayah were there,I saw them and so was Aisha but didn't see QN and Noor Hamzah.
so did you seem them on tv? I haven't seen a picture of them anywhere

Back
Top Bottom