Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands & Máxima Zorreguieta: Feb 2, 2002

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just sat and watched some of those clips and what came out for me were the really touching moments between the bride and groom, they looked really in love. Very touching that in the middle of all the pomp and pageantry they were able to remember it was about the two of them alone....

James, I couldn't agree more. So many royal (and other) couples stare at the priest or minister throughout the wedding vows -- I'm sure in part because of nerves and all the public attention -- but Maxima and Willem-Alexander looked at each other tenderly several times and appeared to be genuinely engaged in what they were saying and doing. It's very moving indeed to think that they found the space to be so emotionally present with each other when the world was watching up close.... It gives one the sense of a deep and genuine bond between them. I also got the impression that they had fun together at their wedding, and many photos of their marriage in subsequent years seem to bear this out. It is heart-warming to see.

The most important part...and tens of thousands approving loudly....

NOS - Koningshuis - Video - Het ja-woord in de Nieuwe Kerk

Lucien, in this video, what are the minister's words in Dutch at 2:50-2:51 that cause people to laugh? I believe that it's after he says something about the sacrament... but I am not sure what follows. Does he make reference to the crowd's support, or something like that? I would appreciate very much the translation. Thank you... I love this video! :)

Lucien, in this video, what are the minister's words in Dutch at 2:50-2:51 that cause people to laugh? I believe that it's after he says something about the sacrament... but I am not sure what follows. Does he make reference to the crowd's support, or something like that? I would appreciate very much the translation. Thank you... I love this video! :)

When WA and Maxima are asked about their answer they say "yes" and the public is cheering. Then the minister says that their wedding is confirmed by god, his town and the city (the cheering public) :).

could somebody post pictures of the van vollenhoven's at the wedding please?

I'm Argentinean, and many people here adores Maxima, she is beautiful, and has a beautiful family. Is sad the past of her father, but it doesn't mean thet si has to be judged for his actions.
She was a queen on her wedding, and she is going to be a great Queen on the future!

Long Live to Maxima an W-A!!

A beautiful wedding fit for a beautiful couple. I think Princess Maxima is one those royals who looks friendly enough to make you wanna walk up to her and say "HI." And I'm assuming that she would give anyone a genuine response.

They both DO seem so genuine, and in love, then as well as today. I think they are a lovely royal couple, and I enjoy watching them interact together.

i love the whole look very pretty. i want that veil.

Maxima's dress was beautiful, regal! She looked perfect imo. I also want that veil! lol

Would anyone be able to tell me if and how can I get a DVD recording of this (& other) royal wedding? Thanks a lot

Maxima must be the most joyous royal bride I ever saw. She shone on her wedding day, the other ladies looked lovely too but Maxima's happiness was there for everyone to see. How wonderful!

Hi, can anyone tell me where i can find videos of the pre-wedding events? i've been looking but i can't seem to find any. Thanks

Can anyone tell me why not a member of the Prussian Royal Family was invited? I knew that they were very close, the fact that Her Majesty Queen Juliana permitted the Kaiser asylum in the Netherlands when he fled at the end of the first world war and even defended him when the Allies wanted to expedite and prosecute him, Her Majesty requested the Ambassadors of the allies and lectured them the rights of Asylum and the fact that Her Majesty attended the wedding of the crown prince in Huis Doorn and that Her Imperial and Royal Highness Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia attended the wedding of then Princess Beatrix to Prince Claus. Why was no Hohenzollern invited to this historic wedding? His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia should have been invited as head of the Prussian Royal House

Can anyone tell me why not a member of the Prussian Royal Family was invited? I knew that they were very close, the fact that Her Majesty Queen Juliana permitted the Kaiser asylum in the Netherlands when he fled at the end of the first world war and even defended him when the Allies wanted to expedite and prosecute him, Her Majesty requested the Ambassadors of the allies and lectured them the rights of Asylum and the fact that Her Majesty attended the wedding of the crown prince in Huis Doorn and that Her Imperial and Royal Highness Grand Duchess Kira, Princess of Prussia attended the wedding of then Princess Beatrix to Prince Claus. Why was no Hohenzollern invited to this historic wedding? His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia should have been invited as head of the Prussian Royal House
Do we actually know who was invited or do we only know who accepted an invitation to attend?

I'm not sure what the designers were thinking of with those sleeves! Again, for me, this dress is not much of a replica, but I can see how the neckline might have been inspired by Maxima's gown.

There is a wedding dress by Pronovias (Efeso, I think) that, to me, bears some resemblance to Maxima's gown. The neckline and fabric are different, but if the sleeves were shortened and lace was added down the folds of the skirt, I think it might make one of the best replica's of a royal wedding dress, and despite the differences, it would not be cheap looking!

One word. Beautiful. Everything was beautiful when the doors opened and they walked in w-a & m and the organ doors opened. It was beautiful.

One word. Beautiful. Everything was beautiful when the doors opened and they walked in w-a & m and the organ doors opened. It was beautiful.

It was a absolutely breathtaking moment as the couple walked into the church and the organ doors opened filmed from above.Stunning tv!!And a stunning bride,Valentino just oozes class.A wonderfull day in blissfull joyfull Amsterdam.

Btw,as I said in their thread,the couple is in Qatar at present celebrating in quiet and warm surroundings with dear friends.They left earlyer today.:)

^^^^
Maybe The Emir & his wife will send over some diamonds as an anniversaty gift, lol.

Máxima's dress was made of ivory-coloured mikado silk and the five-metre train was decorated with lace vines and flowers.

The lace used used to belong to HM Queen Emma,the House of Orange Nassau has a extensive and precious collection of lace.:)

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Wedding Guests

My best dressed was Caroline.The worst dressed was Mette Marit.Way too casual! My other favorites were,Madeleine,Beatrix, and Marilene.Victoria was way boring in that brown outfit.And the worst hat goes to Astrid.Other bad outfits were,Maria Theresa,Marie Chantal,QMII,Sonja,Margriet,Martha Louise,Cristina,Laurentien and Pincess Christina.

All in all,this was a very boring event for fashion.

Last edited:
This has got to be one of my favorite royal weddings.

I loved Maxima's dress.She looked amazing.It's one of my all time favorites.I love the fabric and the veil.I love how simple and modest it was.One of the most beautiful brides.

Back
Top Bottom