Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands & Máxima Zorreguieta: Feb 2, 2002

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Henri, though your dislike of the role of the Van Vollenhovens is rather obvious (you have always been honest about it), but I highly doubt that they aren't taken seriously as royalty. YOU don't take them seriously, but please don't project those feelings on the rest of the Dutch population. IMHO much more people take Mabel and Friso not seriously and talk about them as the laughing stock of the RF.

I really appreciated seeing the youtube video with the tango and Maxima's tears - very poignant. I was a bit taken aback that the accordionist looked so much like David Brent in "the Office"!

Remembering Maxima & WA's wedding ... souvenirs & other stuff you kept

Due to the upcoming wedding anniversary, I was wondering... what items did you keep as a souvenir? And which ones you wish were released again? Self - made pictures and video footage are also welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link.. That's definetely my favourite part of the wedding!

lucien said:
A touch from Argentina,Adios Nonino:

YouTube - Dutch Royal Wedding

Courtesy Kelly who posted the link at the RWMB.

that was really moving. Very emotional. Do you think she cried because she was a little bit homesick and realized she would never live in Argentina again? Or she was just so happy to marry Willem-Alexander and to be a cprincess? Maybe a little bit of both and she just got overwhelmed by emotions?

i think it was a mixed sensation of feelings. marrying the crown prince, realising all the troubles that they had to overcome after the engagement, hearing her father's favourite song, who at the same time is not present, homesickness of argentina and expectancy to know what's going to be next and what will be like to be the crown princess...

carlota said:
i think it was a mixed sensation of feelings. marrying the crown prince, realising all the troubles that they had to overcome after the engagement, hearing her father's favourite song, who at the same time is not present, homesickness of argentina and expectancy to know what's going to be next and what will be like to be the crown princess...

Both her parents were not there, not only her father.

Henri M. said:
Both her parents were not there, not only her father.

That is really sad that her parents were not there. She really must've had a huge mix of emotions going on inside her on her wedding day. It would be tough marrying into a royal family and being from a completely seperate country like that. So glad that the Dutch royal family and the public has accepted her with such open arms.:flowers:

Last edited:
Maybe a little off topic but they did get married in February so I was wondering what the weather was like on their wedding day? February seems like an odd choice for such a public wedding just because I'm assuming it was still quite cold at the time.

Aurora810 said:
Maybe a little off topic but they did get married in February so I was wondering what the weather was like on their wedding day? February seems like an odd choice for such a public wedding just because I'm assuming it was still quite cold at the time.

I think becuase they wanted to marry on 02-02-02:wub:

02-02-2002

02-02-2002 was an amazing sparkling and gentle winter day with full and very low sunshine which had an enormous effect on the glitz and glam and colour of uniforms, horses, carriages, etc. It resulted in amazing pictures: like this.

Of course the bride was as royal as it could be, see a magnifique picture which also shows the hidden woven lace in the 'inlays' of the dress: see here.

The public was wild enthusiast and added to the festive athmosphere, see a nice impression of the crowded streets on this picture.

Thank you for sharing the memories with all of us.

Henri M. said:
02-02-2002 was an amazing sparkling and gentle winter day with full and very low sunshine which had an enormous effect on the glitz and glam and colour of uniforms, horses, carriages, etc. It resulted in amazing pictures: like this.

Of course the bride was as royal as it could be, see a magnifique picture which also shows the hidden woven lace in the 'inlays' of the dress: see here.

The public was wild enthusiast and added to the festive athmosphere, see a nice impression of the crowded streets on this picture.

I had loved to be there on 02-02-02 to see willem-alexander and maxima, I think that today is a really special date for them, this day represents the love sign between them and the happiness for all the Orange-Zorreguieta family :wub:

It was most 'spring-like' wintersday I have ever experienced. It was Really special to feel this extraordinary day in the air... WOW!

bebajp said:
Thank you for posting those 2 videos, I love the religious, W & M were looked so happy.. I cried a little bit.

:) :sad:

I also cried,on the "Adiós Nonino" part.:wub:

I took this picture of the Wilhelmina Peppermunt's can with the pic of the royal couple my "schoonmoeder" (mother in law) gave me ... will be good for keeping coffee in the future ;)

Thanks to whoever who post the links in YouTube. After 5 years, finally I am able to see the wedding in motion and hear WA and Maxima's voice. It is touching but I find the moving of table and the signing of the register during the civil wedding funny. Think no instruction been given to them as to where to sign after the register been exchanged. WA looked lost and unsure and have to look at where Maxima is signing before he sign his. And Maxima almost sign at the wrong place underneath WA's signature!

Dun understand Dutch but is Maxima saying thank you when the table reach them..something like 'beto'?

I'd like to provide these links, for those outside NL, as to watch the TV programmes that have been released for their wedding anniversary.

http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/index.php/aflevering?aflID=3948968&md5=dbee9a4982aa0b6e34bd36c79aeeae11

http://portal.omroep.nl/?nav=lygyhEsHEnCwNtHtI

Back
Top Bottom