5) Caroline-Monaco

Old 01-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
$!!!!

Letizia is the worst of course...such a nonclass woman
Interesting position, why???

I do not like her extremely, especially I really dislike her family (out of the paternal grans who are adorable), they are not in their position in this palace, and they do not even seem to appreciate her chance , especially her maternal grandfather, he seems constantly angry with what happened to her.
But Letizia herself, out of her family, is very respectful, she does her "job" very well. It's not her "fault" that the Prince of Asturias fell in love with her being a low commoner, and will make her Queen of Spain! She works very hard to learn so she needs respect, especially since she was not used to behavior in this kind of cercles!
OUT OF TOPIC

So my top ten :

1. First of all, and far far on the to , Princess Caroline, by far the most pretty, elegant, classy and well educated princess!!!!! Also a strong caracter who managed to survive to all terrible events who happened to her, she is a good mother, and she perfectly "ran" the social side of Monaco since her mother's death. She will be unforgettable by every means.
2. Charlotte Casiraghi, normal, it's Caroline's daughter
3. CP Mathilde, the absolute elegance in body and soul
4. CP Mary, royal !!!!

Old 01-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmm, Letizia because she is intelligent and beautiful. She was already at the top of her field when she became Prrincess and has had to sacrifice alot after marrying the Prince. She was an independent working woman and yet now finds herself limited to fulfilling duties the Spanish royal Family see fit, I bet she's just itching to perform duties on her own. Yet regardless of all that she's always enthusiastic and happy when out with her husband and most importantly eager to communicate with people. Moreover she's received alot of negative press because "shock horror" she was divorced and apparently nobody does that these days.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Hmm, Letizia because she is intelligent and beautiful. She was already at the top of her field when she became Prrincess and has had to sacrifice alot after marrying the Prince. She was an independent working woman and yet now finds herself limited to fulfilling duties the Spanish royal Family see fit, I bet she's just itching to perform duties on her own. Yet regardless of all that she's always enthusiastic and happy when out with her husband and most importantly eager to communicate with people. Moreover she's received alot of negative press because "shock horror" she was divorced and apparently nobody does that these days.
Couldn't agree with you more little star. Letizia is a 'real' woman, in every sense
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up

I would say that my favourites are:

1. Cristina of Spain: she's a very intelligent woman (has a master's degree in political sciences), she really works (has an schedule and gets paid), also manages to attend her royal duties, keep her marriage going and also she's very hands down in her children's upbringing

2. Mathilde of Belguim: elegance personified, the Grace Kelly of our times, she has a loving family and does a lot of work quietly as UNESCO embassador

3. Victoria of Sweden: a woman who has clarity on her priorities as future Head of State but without loosing the charm and warmth that makes her so in touch with her people, definitively a XXI century ruler

4. Maxima of the Netherlands: she knows how to use her position and knowledge to help people financially through the UNESCO

Most of the other CP and princesses are fine, but the above are over the top for me
Old 01-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I do not like her extremely, especially I really dislike her family (out of the paternal grans who are adorable), they are not in their position in this palace, and they do not even seem to appreciate her chance , especially her maternal grandfather, he seems constantly angry with what happened to her.
Princess Letizia's maternal grandfather died last year... and he was very proud of his royal grandchildren...
Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Was it not Menchus (the one in Asturias) husband who died some months ago, are they no her fathers parents, thus making them the paternal grandparents?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary of Denmark
Letizia of Spain
Victoria and Madeleine and Felipe of Spains two sisters
Old 01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
My favs:
1) Diana- as little girls we all aspired to be like her
2) Letizia- beauty, brains, and moxie
3) Grace- epitome of grace and elegance
4) Angela of Liechtenstein- aura of mystery
Old 01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

Favorite...

Wow! There are so many to chose from! This is about Princesses, not Queens, Empresses, or Grand Duchesses (see avatar!). And its not just about beauty.
For modern, I pick Victoria of Sweden, but there are many others too.:)
For twentieth century, I pick Margaret.:)
For nineteenth century, I pick Mathilde Bonaparte and Elisabeth of Hesse (Ella, later a Grand Duchess).:) :)
Old 01-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Princess Letizia's maternal grandfather died last year... and he was very proud of his royal grandchildren...
NO, the PATERNAL grandfather died last year, Menchu's husband, he was a very adorable and classy gentleman.

I was talking about her MATERNAL grandfather who is still alive, and he looks constantly angry, even Leonor's birth did not brought a face of hapiness to him.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:58 AM
Courtier

CROWNPRINCESS MARY is my favourite. She is sooo sweet, smart elegant, friendly and beautiful:):):) And she is doing a great work for the royal family:)
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
NO, the PATERNAL grandfather died last year, Menchu's husband, he was a very adorable and classy gentleman.
Congratulations! You got to confuse me! Yes, it was her PATERNAL grandfather who passed away... but then I was unable to imagine that the man you claimed to be
Quote:
constantly angry, even Leonor's birth did not brought a face of hapiness to him
would be this adorable creature, who toasted the birth of his granddaughter with such authentic felicity expression printed on his face...

It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005
Old 01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

"would be this adorable creature, who toasted the birth of his granddaughter with such authentic felicity expression printed on his face...

It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005"

Exactly, I was just thinking of looking for one of those pictures becuase I can recally how cute and cuddly he was.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Gentry

Mary of Denmark:)
Old 01-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Nobility

For me:
1.- Mary of Denmark
2.- Cristina of Spain
3.- Astrid of Belgium
Old 01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"would be this adorable creature, who toasted the birth of his granddaughter with such authentic felicity expression printed on his face...

It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005"

Exactly, I was just thinking of looking for one of those pictures becuase I can recally how cute and cuddly he was.
Oh my God, you posted exactly the correct pics I was referring to
Are you serious that you fiond him cute and happy ???
I would say the opposite, that I can no find any trace of real felicity or hapiness, even a litte, NOTHING and he looks extremely low, sullen and antipathetic to me.

Any way, we are here to disagree,
Old 01-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Sullen? He's clearly mid-smile in this photo in this picture.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Francisco Rocasolano is a simple man (he used to be a taxi driver). He's certainly quite different from late José Luis (Letizia's other grandfather), but he has that kind of humbleness and authenticity that only those people who spend their whole life struggling to bring bred to the table can have... Those photos really touched me more than many other taken when Leonor was born... but, as you say, we're entitled to have different opinions...
Old 01-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Francisco Rocasolano is a simple man (he used to be a taxi driver). He's certainly quite different from late José Luis (Letizia's other grandfather), but he has that kind of humbleness and authenticity that only those people who spend their whole life struggling to bring bred to the table can have... Those photos really touched me more than many other taken when Leonor was born... but, as you say, we're entitled to have different opinions...
Besides I think is cool that he hasn't change the way he is just because his granddaughter is now the Princess of Asturias, Francisco Rocasolano is the same man and you should give him the credit for that; on top of everything he's no journalist (like Letizia, Jose Luis, Menchú and Jesús) so the whole media circus is strange for him; let's give the poor guy a break!!!

Closed Thread