The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditebaby
I'll get a hold of one of my friends' computers and let you know if they're there while I'm there. A couple of my buddies qualified for the Olympic team in Snowboarding and they invited me to come with. So if I see any of the royals while I'm there I'll try for some pics and let you all know.
woww.. I hope you can get to see him.. and then please show us the pics haha.. good luck

Old 02-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

so, still no news from Guillame?
it's a long time, i think.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

He was at Jean's bday party. That was only a few weeks ago.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Gentry

Somebody please can watch 'Palace Royale' today 18:30.. maby there are some news about Guillaume and the ducal family... (RTL...P&T Luxembourg)
Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its of Jean's bday, so Guillaume is there and you can see him move and greet people, but you can't hear him say anything. Oddly enough, they sung happy birthday in English.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Its of Jean's bday, so Guillaume is there and you can see him move and greet people, but you can't hear him say anything. Oddly enough, they sung happy birthday in English.
You know, I read that in France kids sing Happy Birthday in English. That tradition probably extended to Luxembourg. :)
Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is really odd since I know in other languages they don't say it in English.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Well I'm back and I didn't see them anywhere around the snowboarding but I did hear rumors about them being somewhere around the slopes. Sorry I don't have any pics for anyone.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I could imagine that they were around the slopes. They do like to ski.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

had an awesome time thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I was a little dissapointed to find out that Luxembourg only has 1 athlete in the Olympics. And it's a female figure skater.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

At least they had someone there. After all, Luxembourg isn't a very big country.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
At least they had someone there. After all, Luxembourg isn't a very big country.
Agreed. Did Guillaume attend the Olympics yet? Is he expected to?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think he went. Hopefully he is back at school.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks, gaggleofcrazypeople. I didn't think he went, but wanted to make sure.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you talking about school? Because I'm not sure of that.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Serene Highness

No, I meant I wasn't sure if he had even gone to the Olympics in the first place. :)
Old 02-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Gentry

a question from a newbie

Quote:
Hi Everyone, I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering if the HGD is going to graduate school right now? I heard he finished his third year at Durham last spring, but didn't know if he was continuing his education elsewhere. Where is he going to graduate school and what is he studying?

~ Lily
Old 02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Commoner

I dont really know what the story is with Guillaume regarding his studies.
Maybe he will return, if so he should be graduating this year.
On the other hand he maybe just gaining extra credit by participating in public events. Guess well all find out soon enough!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Courtier

I don't think anyone REALLY knows what is going on with Guillaume's education right now...I guess one could say it's on hold for the moment.

www.one.org
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

No one really knows that much about this family. Its part of the allure. But I wouldn't trust wikepedia. He seems like a smart guy, so I don't think he would quit in his last year.

Tags
current events, hereditary grand duke guillaume, news