HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
suturegeisha said:
Mine from Felix wasn't. It was typed.
Was his signature at least hand written? I would definitely understand the letter being typed since they are pretty busy, but usually the signature on th bottom is either hand written or a printed version of the person's signature.

Yes. If they're too busy to write the notes, it would be nice if they at least signed the card. :)

Ditebaby said:
Was his signature at least hand written? I would definitely understand the letter being typed since they are pretty busy, but usually the signature on th bottom is either hand written or a printed version of the person's signature.
There was no signature....just a plain white card, with a crown in the left-hand corner, that read: Le Prince Félix de Luxembourg a été très touché de l'aimable message que vous avez eu la gentillesse de Lui addresser. Son Altesse Royale désire vous en remercier bien vivement.
-I'm not going to translate the entire thing word for word, but basically what it says is that Prince Félix of Luxembourg was touched by the nice message that I so kindly addressed to him, and His Royal Highness wishes to thank me greatly.
I think I scanned the card and posted it in one of the old threads, if you'd like to try and find it....or not. It does suck that he didn't sign it or anything! I would have adored a signed card or a picture or something....I'm pretty sure that someone else opens his mail and sends out cards like that in bulk for him.
Ah well.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that Guillaume will go back to school? If not, why? And if so, where?-back to Durham U?

If there's a University closer to home I think he'll go there. He's got a lot of required obligations lately that I don't think will go away. If not to a close university I would think maybe taking summer courses instead of fall and winter courses. In other words I think he's the type that will be very determined to finish his education.

It's not like he NEEDS a degree. He's given a role in the country level. Nonetheless, a degree distinguishes one.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Well, if not, a degree will be given to him.

Do you think he will be "given" a degree somewhere down the road even if he does not finish school?

perhaps. honorary degrees are usually given to various heads of state or famous ppl. both his parents have a few. so who knows.

I think he'd probably prefer to earn his first one before one just gets handed to him because of his station.

My assumption is that he's either doing a studing abroad, special credit, or not attending for a little while. In an attempt to perform his obligational duties and still be able to eventually have a degree.

Found these, courtesy of Alexandra at the GREMB.....official photos for Guillaume's 24th birthday [which is tomorrow, everyone!].....
Ai. A handsome prince he is indeed. :)

Pictures from Seegerpress.

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 309
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 286
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Don't you think its odd that his bday is on Armistice day?

My birthday is the same as Hitler's [April 20th]......:p

I like how his birthday is on Armistice day. I think it's really cool. :D And my uncle's birthday is on the day of the Oklahoma City Murrah Building bombing. At least Guillaume has a good event to share his birthday with!:)

ShksprNLov said:
I like how his birthday is on Armistice day. I think it's really cool. :D And my uncle's birthday is on the day of the Oklahoma City Murrah Building bombing. At least Guillaume has a good event to share his birthday with!:)

I've studied world history, and I could think of some better days to have been born. Recall WWII.

November 11, Armistice Day, is the end of World War I...the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. So that is something to celebrate! :D

WHat am I doing wrong? Everytime I click on a picture, only an announcement of this being the latest guillaume newsthread comes up.

:confused: I found this on wort.lu. Can somebody translate please;)

Hoher Besuch bei der Cargolux
spacer.gif
Nach dem Besuch der Cargolux Operations stand ein Rundgang im Cargo Center auf dem Programm.
spacer.gif
Letzte Aktualisierung: 16-11-2005 16:24
spacer.gif
Erbgroßherzog Prinz Guillaume stattete am Mittwoch der Cargolux einen Besuch ab. Empfangen wurde der Erbgroßherzog von Pierre Gramegna, Präsident des Aufsichtsrats und Uli Ogiermann, CEO von Cargolux, sowie von den Verantwortlichen der Cargolux Operations, die den hohen Gast über Einzelheiten im Alltag der Organisation und der Überwachung des operativen Flugbetriebs informierten. Prinz Guillaume zeigte sich sehr beeindruckt von dem hohem technologischen Aufwand, nicht zuletzt vom Flugsimulator, den Cargolux als eine der wenigen Airlines in Europa im Bereich der Aus- und Weiterbildung seiner Piloten für den Betrieb der Boeing 747 einsetzt.
Nach dem Besuch der Cargolux Operations stand ein Rundgang im Cargo Center auf dem Programm, wo der Erbgroßherzog die Gelegenheit wahrnahm, sich vor Ort mit dem Personal über die Herausforderungen im Alltag des Fracht-Handlings zu unterhalten . Dabei konnte sich Prinz Guillaume vom reibungslosen Ablauf der einzelnen Etappen von der Auslieferung per LKW bis hin zum Beladen des Frachtflugzeugs überzeugen .

melvamarcos said:
WHat am I doing wrong? Everytime I click on a picture, only an announcement of this being the latest guillaume newsthread comes up.

Are you clicking on his bday pics? B/c the thumbnails show me the pics. Or are you clicking on a thread?

pasiphaé said:
:confused: I found this on wort.lu. Can somebody translate please;)

Very rough and dirty translation is that Guillaume visited the company "Cargolux" and met the president of the board and the CEO. Also, they demonstrated some of the abilities of their planes for the prince.

even now i am trying to click on "gaggle's" message, but it won't come up. itkeeps saying
"Welcome to the latest thread dedicated to all the latest news of Guillaume.

You can find the previous thread here

Please remember to give credit to your sources when posting articles or photos. Also, the only photos that should be attached directly to the forum are photos that have never been posted here. All other photos should be posted via an image hosting company. "

:) Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume visits air freight Cargolux:)

Pics from Luxemburger Wort

Attachments

• guill-1.jpg
    guill-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 249
  • guill-2.jpg
    guill-2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 385
  • guill-3.jpg
    guill-3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 250
Status