The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Chris has five sisters, and only his maternal sisters have Eastern European names, and Natasha is becoming common else where. Tatjana is the daughter from her mother's first marriage. Eva was still living in Austria and her husband Walter was German, so such a name was likely. Annoushka is the only one of her three kids with an Eastern European name, the others are Celina and Jasper. Natasha has a daughter Milana but her husband is Austrian so the name is not out there.

Chris has spent most of his life in the US and London, and is married to a Swede. I'd think if the name was not English it would be Swedish. I suspect Eva will be part of the baby's name, is a nod to his family.
My reasoning is:
Chris seems to be closer to his maternal sisters.
Eva was born in Czechoslovakia. As Sudeten Germans, her family had to leave, and yet...
They seem to have a theme going with the names of the women in their family. Celina is also used in Eastern Europe. Of course it could all be a coincidence or just me reading too much into it.
Anyway, if they were to incorporate an Eastern European name, it wouldn't be the main name.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Estelle is not exactly modern, and the name was not out of thin air. It is a family name, for Folke's wife. It was just surprising as for the future heir to the throne, a more mainstream royal name was expected. Estelle was more likely a name for CP or Maddie's kids. The spares often chose more uncommon names for their children, think Joachim's children for instance.
Yes, my post may have sounded like I said that Estelle was a modern name, but that isn't what I intended to say - what I meant was that they could surprise us with an unusual name like Victoria and Daniel did with Estelle. And I knew that Victoria and Daniel didn't just pick the name Estelle at random and that she was named after Countess Estelle. Also, I think Estelle is considered modern where I am. (Don't forget that an old fashioned name in one country may be considered modern in another country.)

I guess I didn't phrase that sentence in the way that I intended to.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Courtier

My last minute bets on the first name are:

Annabelle
Natalie
Josephine
Alexandra

And then a few of this names as middle names:

Maria
Eva
Silvia
Lilian
Lovisa

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

My last bet:
Alice,
Paula,
Lilian
April.
Marylin,
Desirèe
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
My last minute bets on the first name are:

Annabelle
Natalie
Josephine
Alexandra

And then a few of this names as middle names:

Maria
Eva
Silvia
Lilian
Lovisa
For some reason Natalia/Natalie popped into my head last night when I said I could not possibly come up with this name. Let's see if we both hit it!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Last bet: Alice Maria Silvia Eva Lilian - Chris has said that the little girl has 5 names and that he can pronounce all of them, so that's my last suggestion.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
For some reason Natalia/Natalie popped into my head last night when I said I could not possibly come up with this name. Let's see if we both hit it!
What do you think of Natalie Lillian Maria or Natalie Maria Lovisa? I think both names have a nice ring to it.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
What do you think of Natalie Lillian Maria or Natalie Maria Lovisa? I think both names have a nice ring to it.
They both sound nice. I would be surprised if Lilian were not in the names, and then after both grandmothers.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Alice would be my fav.
I don´t think she will use Lilian, that would be reserved for CP and his kids imo.
No idea about godparents, maybe Victoria and one of her best friends?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Love because names have become so popular, they are considered to be 'modern' or 'made up'. Tiffany is an old name for children born on the epiphany. Not that I am advocating for it.

If they were going for a female of Carla, I'd think Caroline (both are forms of Charles). Definitely sounds more royal, Princes Caroline over Princess Carla.
Very interesting about the name Tiffany -- I'd always assumed it was a fad related to naming girls after the famous jewelry store, much as people name their daughters "Chanel."

Thanks for noting it!

I realize that both Caroline and Charlotte are the feminine of Charles (or Carl), but I was curious which is the traditional Swedish use.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Very interesting about the name Tiffany -- I'd always assumed it was a fad related to naming girls after the famous jewelry store, much as people name their daughters "Chanel."

Thanks for noting it!

I realize that both Caroline and Charlotte are the feminine of Charles (or Carl), but I was curious which is the traditional Swedish use.
Carolina - Nordic Names Wiki - Name Origin, Meaning and Statistics
Charlotte - Nordic Names Wiki - Name Origin, Meaning and Statistics
plenty of choice
Old 02-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Isabel, Mary
Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait View Post
My reasoning is:
Chris seems to be closer to his maternal sisters.
Eva was born in Czechoslovakia. As Sudeten Germans, her family had to leave, and yet...
They seem to have a theme going with the names of the women in their family. Celina is also used in Eastern Europe. Of course it could all be a coincidence or just me reading too much into it.
Anyway, if they were to incorporate an Eastern European name, it wouldn't be the main name.
Celina is latin/greek name that is very popular in western Europe. It doesn't have eastern origins even if becoming common there.

Eva's daughters had fathers from Germany or German descent, and Natasha's husband is Austrian. In their cases the names are very likely family names. I highly doubt, unless they name of his maternal sisters a godmother and use her name like Estelle has Mary, we will see any Eastern European names. The only O'Neil name I see being used, could be wrong, is Eva or Maria.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Gentry

my guess:Christina Sibylla Alice Lilian
and i think Emma Penald will be one of the godmother of Princess Madeleine's daughter.and Natasha or Tatjana will be too.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I would love to see Sofia's face if Emma and CP were godparents.

I think Vic and a sister for Chris, and then not sure who. Not sure we will see any royals. I'd like Emma, but fear because of CP, she wont be chosen which is a shame considering how close she and Maddie are.

I am often proved wrong but think the two sure bets in the name are Eva and Sylvia.

Victoria may be included if she is godmother, like Estelle has Mary.

Princess Alice Eva Silvia Victoria

Princess Lilian Eva Silvia Christina

Princess Amelie Eva Silvia Lilian
Old 02-25-2014, 03:27 AM
Courtier

yes I fear that Emma won´t be chosen. But I´m pretty sure Louise will be among the godmothers.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:51 AM
Majesty

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaella View Post
my guess:Christina Sibylla Alice Lilian
and i think Emma Penald will be one of the godmother of Princess Madeleine's daughter.and Natasha or Tatjana will be too.

Quote:
I would love to see Sofia's face if Emma and CP were godparents.

I think Vic and a sister for Chris, and then not sure who. Not sure we will see any royals. I'd like Emma, but fear because of CP, she wont be chosen which is a shame considering how close she and Maddie are.
Why on earth would Madeleine even think of doing such a thing. Not only would it hurt her brother and insult and hurt the woman he loves but cause humiliation to her own family by giving the the media yet more really nasty scandalous fodder.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:31 AM
Nobility

My guess for the godparents, some candidates: :)

Princess Victoria
Tatjana d'Abo
Louise Gottlieb
Princess Märtha-Louise
Princess Mette-Marit

Prince Carl-Philip
Chris' bestman
Prince Joackim
Prince Frederik
Prince Constantijn
Old 02-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Courtier

I dont think so. To much royalty for a child that far away from the throne. I think the godparents will be close family members and close friends.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=MARG;1643978]
Quote:
Why on earth would Madeleine even think of doing such a thing. Not only would it hurt her brother and insult and hurt the woman he loves but cause humiliation to her own family by giving the the media yet more really nasty scandalous fodder.
Possibly because Maddie and Emma have been best friends for many years, apart from her brother once dating her. It should not cause any kind of scandal. The only thing that would happen is CP getting his feathers ruffled

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, godparents, names, princess madeleine