Madeleine & Chris's 3rd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boy or Girl?

• Boy?

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Girl?

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Twins

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland

I'll start by voting it will be a Prince!

Last edited:
Boy: Patrick Carl Christopher.
Girl: Julia Amelie Mathilda

Duchy: Oland

Godparents: Chris sister Karen, husband of another one of his sisters, Baroness Estelle of de Geer of Finspang, some Madeleine's maternal cousin, two friends.

My guesses for girls

Josephine Louise ameile
Louise Alice Josephine
Ingrid Victoria Josephine
Desiree Victoria Alice
Alice Ingrid Josephine
Helena Alice Amelie
Josephine Alice Ingrid

I vote for a girl:

Charlotte Silvia Pauline

Duchess of Västerbotten (Eventhough I really hope for a duchess of Lapland)

Last edited:
For a Princess:

HRH Princess Caroline Louisa Anna of Sweden, Duchess of Öland

For a Prince:

HRH Prince Carl Antonio Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Öland

Godparents:

HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden
Annalisa O'Neill
Friherrinnan Christina de Geer af Finspang
Mr. Christopher Ramsay
Louise Dinkelspiel
Cedric Notz

I think that it will be another boy! There have been quite a few boys added to the Swedish Royal Family, and I think this trend will continue.

I think it will be a boy too, but we'll see when he or she makes it's arrival.

A lot of royal couples of late have had a girl and then a boy, funny? Prince Felix of Lux, Amalia and then Liam. Princess Madeline had a girl and then a son. So did CP Victoria. Kate bucks the trend with a boy and a girl

I find Leonore and Nicolas both timeless classic names and yet not predictable SRF names. I guess they'll continue that way.

Maybe an Eloise or an Oliver?
If they are pronounced similar in English and Swedish.

Last edited:
My guess for Godparents:
Prince Daniel
Princess Sofia
Chris's sister
Madeleine's friend
Chris's friend

Boy: Lucas Folke Cesario (or Oliver, Elias, Theodor or Julian)
Girl: Elise Renate Christina (or Olivia, Julia, Emilia or Adelaide)

Duchy: Lapland

Godparents:
Prince Daniel
Karen O'Neill (if Chris is close to her, don't know)
Madeleine's cousin
Chris' cousin (if he has any)
Two of Chris and Madeleine's friends

I think the baby will be a girl; and I'd love for the name Lovisa to be used. It deserves a revival! Some middle name ideas:

Lovisa Eva Charlotta
Lovisa Lillian Madeleine
Lovisa Ingrid Mathilde
Lovisa Alice Maria
Lovisa Amelie Josephine
Lovisa Christina Victoria

And if I'm wrong and it's a boy, here are my guesses:

Victor Carl Louis
Paul Gustaf Alexander
Walther Arthur Edmund
Arthur Joachim Gustaf

I think for godparents, a friend of both Madeleine and Chris, Victoria/Silvia and perhaps another European royal will be chosen.

I think the baby will be a girl; and I'd love for the name Lovisa to be used. It deserves a revival! Some middle name ideas:

Lovisa Eva Charlotta
Lovisa Lillian Madeleine
Lovisa Ingrid Mathilde
Lovisa Alice Maria
Lovisa Amelie Josephine
Lovisa Christina Victoria

And if I'm wrong and it's a boy, here are my guesses:

Victor Carl Louis
Paul Gustaf Alexander
Walther Arthur Edmund
Arthur Joachim Gustaf

I think for godparents, a friend of both Madeleine and Chris, Victoria/Silvia and perhaps another European royal will be chosen.

Pretty likely rule out Lilian, Paul and gustaf. Likely even Eva.

We have

Princess Leonor Lilian Maria (Maria is for Eva)

And

Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf

I don't see them repeating names. Nor godparebts, as Victoria already serves for Leonor. Neither Leonor or Nicolas have a foreign total godparent, it is highly unlikely their younger sibling will. Of the royal grandkids, only Oscar and Estelle do . Madeleine and CP used family and friends instead.

I am undecided on gender. I have a feeling boy, buy the Swedes tend to do things in groups. And I think Sofia is having a girl. But bad at guessing.

Leonor and Nicolays have modern names but with tentative family connection (Eleanora is a royal name and Nicolas is a variation of Madeleine's uncle). I think we will see a similar pattern in names and godparents.

Modern name followed by two honoring family

Godparents
Sibling of each
Extended family if each
Friend of each

Prince John Folke Cesario

Prince Joseph Christopher Folke

Godparents

One of Chris Oneil sisters
Prince Daniel
Princess Sofia
Cousin of Chris
Cedric Notz
Female friend of Madeleine

If a girl

Princess Alice Renate Josephine

Never honored mom in Leonor. Since none if the siblings reused one of their dads names, could see either Madeleine or CP using Renate if they have a girl.

If Chris has no close cousins, perhaps one if his nieces or nephews. I believe mos of them are adults.

Last edited:
My gut feeling tells me it's a girl but I also thought Alexander was going to be a girl so my gut feelings/gender prediction skills clearly aren't the best ?

Boy: Theodor(e) Carl Bertil/Folke

Girl: Josephine Silvia Pauline/Alice (alternatively Isabelle or Amelie)

Duchy: I'd like to see one of the current non-ducal provinces get a little duke or duchess. I'm thinking either Norrbotten or Härjedalen. If they're going with a duchy that's been in use before, I'm gonna go with Västmanland.

Godparents: I have no idea, they've used all the obvious choices for Leonore and Nicolas. I'd love for Daniel and Sofia to get a nod. Perhaps Hélène Silfverschiöld? Helena or Vivien Sommerlath. And one of Chris's paternal sisters. And then a couple of their friends.

I hope, it will be a girl.

He or she will be on the 10 place of the throne of sweden.

Girl.

I hope, it will be a girl.

He or she will be on the 10 place of the throne of sweden.

Almost incredible considering that not even six years ago there were only three people in the line of succession.

Girl.

Almost incredible considering that not even six years ago there were only three people in the line of succession.

Even more incredible thinking a few decades ago. Up until CP was born, the singular heir to the throne was the Kings 67 year old childless uncle. Until the law changed, Bertil remained second in line. How close the family was to ending in the direct line only decades ago and now we have ten people in line.

I think it'll be a girl.

Names: Amelie Christina Louise
Josephine Annalisa Silvia
Karen Eva Ulrika
Sonya Isabel Victoria

I think either Prince Daniel or Princess Sofia will serve as god parent.
Also Helene Silverschiold is a strong possibility

For a boy: Sebastian Carl Cesario
For a girl: Ingrid Sibylla Victoria

I think Daniel will be a godfather.

For a boy: Sebastian Carl Cesario
For a girl: Ingrid Sibylla Victoria

I think Daniel will be a godfather.

Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström and his wife Stephanie had a son in May, and Stephanie told to the press after the baby was born that they think that his name will be Sebastian. I haven't seen an article about if they already have had christening and if they named him Sebastian. But if they did, it isn't likely that Madeleine will give the same name to her child.

Last edited:
I would love the name ingrid. It's a great tribute to queen Ingrid.

I'd switch it Sibylla Ingrid :flowers:

I know Ingrid was born a princess of Sweden but I associate her more with Denmark. Sibylla would be a lovely nod to the king and his mother.

I hope for a girl :)

Girl ~ Alice Silvia Eva

Boy ~ William Christopher Carl

I usually prefer little princes, but the SRF is long overdue for a little princess!
I doubt they'll have a traditionally Swedish name as the first name due to the fact that 1. Chris is British/American, 2. Leonore and Nicolas aren't such names, and 3. they do a fair bit of living abroad.

Eloise Sibylle Ingrid

For a boy though, I'd love the name Folke somewhere, even if 99.99% it won't be the first name.

For a son use Johan as a first or middle name

For a daughter use Cecilia as a first or middle name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was voted for a girl;)

(Names and Duchy)
HRH Princess Melanie Ingeborg Maria, Duchess of Uppland

(Godparents)
HRH Prince Daniel or
HRH Princess Sofia
Annalisa O'Neill
HSH Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern
Close friends of Chris and Madeleine

I hope they will make her Alice if it's a girl after Silvia's mother. I was surprised that neither Victoria or Madeleine did not include that name in one of their daughters names.

I hope they will make her Alice if it's a girl after Silvia's mother. I was surprised that neither Victoria or Madeleine did not include that name in one of their daughters names.

I find that great-grandparents are honoured in subsequent same-gender children. An example is Prince Gabriel of Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom