The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg > Major Royal Events

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Royal Highness

this is a wedding of an Heir to the throne, so this will be a state's event.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oh please not Natan. The designer can't even make proper daytime outfits.
Elie Saab would be a great choice but I wouldn't also mind another designer but anyone but not Natan.

Re tiaras, a family tiara would be nice to use but I think she would wear a tiara from the Luxembourg collection.

I hope this will be a big wedding celebration over 2-3 days. Would Kings & Queens come to the wedding or might they just send Crown Prince & Crown Princesses instead?
If she does pick Natan, I personally think the designer would do a great job since he made Mathilde's and Claire's wedding dresses, which were very beautiful to me.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Dazzling about Natan! I have yet to see one of their designs which I like. They just look stiff and bold to me. Whereas Elie Saab's dresses often have such a flowing lightness (I hope you get what I mean). Just remember Victoria's pre-wedding dress, what a masterpiece!!!
But then it would be quite appropriate to have a local designer. Is there anyone else from Luxembourg or Belgium?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i think she will!!!! Guillaume is godfather to Ariane and Emmanuel of Belgium. so i think who will be bridesmaid and pageboys are Guillaume's nephews Noah and Gabriel, Ariane of Netherlands, Emmanuel of Belgium and to be expected some nephews/nieces that Stephanie might have.

That would be very nice to see sweet Ariane and Emmanuel participate at wedding of hers/his godfather
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Courtier

I suspect the guest list will look like this(i may miss some people out):
The Earl and Countess of Wessex (UK - wouldn't be wholly surprised if some one less in the rankings was sent)
Fred and Mary (Denmark)
Queen Beatrix, W-A and Maxima, Constantijn and Laurentien (netherlands)
King & Queen of Sweden, Victoria and Daniel, Carl Philip (Sweden)
Haakon and Mette-Marit, Martha Louise and Ari Behn (Norway)
King and Queen of Belgium, Brabants, Astrid Lorenz and children (Belgium)
Albert and Charlene (Monaco)

don't know about Greek Royals, are any of them especially close to the Luxembourg Royals?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Aristocracy

I think Stephanie will wear her family tiara if she has one, because i think it could be the only occasion she has to wear it (after marriage she should wear the tiaras of the Luxembourg royal family). It would be also a way to honour her family.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyend View Post
I think Stephanie will wear her family tiara if she has one, because i think it could be the only occasion she has to wear it (after marriage she should wear the tiaras of the Luxembourg royal family). It would be also a way to honour her family.
I agree, i think if the family have one she will wear it, like you say she'll be able to wear the Luxembourg tiaras for the rest of her life.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any days which are not "free" for a wedding (holidays of the LRF, government events,...)?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

I doubt that the wedding will take place during the Olympics. Too many Royals will be busy supporting their countries in London then.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I suspect the guest list will look like this(i may miss some people out):
The Earl and Countess of Wessex (UK - wouldn't be wholly surprised if some one less in the rankings was sent)
Fred and Mary (Denmark)
Queen Beatrix, W-A and Maxima, Constantijn and Laurentien (netherlands)
King & Queen of Sweden, Victoria and Daniel, Carl Philip (Sweden)
Haakon and Mette-Marit, Martha Louise and Ari Behn (Norway)
King and Queen of Belgium, Brabants, Astrid Lorenz and children (Belgium)
Albert and Charlene (Monaco)

don't know about Greek Royals, are any of them especially close to the Luxembourg Royals?
Actually at the Wedding of Henri and Maria Teresa send the Duke of Edinburgh and from Denmark Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik and from Norway King Olav. The Kings of Sweden and Spain send their sisters (Princess Crhistina and Infanta Margarita) and the Netherlands where represented through Princess Margriet.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

The attendence of Royals also has to do with a bit with who is free at that date. Unless there are other important engagements scheduled, I expect the Belgium and Dutch Royals to attend in full force (with the very sad exeption of Friso and Mabel). Spain and the UK are usually more restrained when it comes to attending foreign events.
From what I know, all the Scandinavian heirs have close personal relationships with Guillaume. So that bodes well.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

One date is an impossible weddingdate for them: 08-09-2012 because Guillaume's first Cousin, Archduke Imre marries Kathleen Walker.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

They probably will only give us a rough direction today. Like: the wedding will be in late summer/autumn/winter, or whatever. At the moment the court probably is still very busy checking and re-checking possible dates.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Nobility

since GD Henri is King Albert's nephew I'm pretty sure the Belgian royal family will be all there (Guillaume is P.Emmanuel's godfather so he can possibly be one of the pages)
It's a shame BRF is always so distant to other families...
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Since Guillaume is a direct heir, most if not all the Gotha will send their "first string Royals" to the wedding, am I correct?

Will Britain send the Cambridges or the Wessexes, I wonder?
My guess is that Count and Countess of Wessex will represent the UK. They has been assigned to do it. Prince William never showed any interest in attending such event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oh please not Natan. The designer can't even make proper daytime outfits.
Elie Saab would be a great choice but I wouldn't also mind another designer but anyone but not Natan.
I agree with you. I hope that Countess Stephanie will give preference to Elie Saab's creation. His wedding dresses are magnificent.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Courtier

I wonder if a date has already been decide upon? It was interesting when Guillaume's uncle said they already knew about the engagement but not when it was being made public. Maybe some discreet planning has already got underway?
I'm wondering if it will take place mid August after Olympics or early September? I read somewhere that Guillaume's parents has about 4/5month engagement period.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe a custom Valentino or Elie Saab but not Natan.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
My guess is that Count and Countess of Wessex will represent the UK. They has been assigned to do it. Prince William never showed any interest in attending such event.
It probably will be Edward & Sophie though I guess that it will depend on whether or not they are touring abroad for the Queen's Jubilee.

I think that William & Kate's tour is in September though I agree with you that he hasn't seemed that keen on attending these types of functions. Of course now that he is married and has a partner to take along with him he might be more inclined to go.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
since GD Henri is King Albert's nephew I'm pretty sure the Belgian royal family will be all there (Guillaume is P.Emmanuel's godfather so he can possibly be one of the pages)
It's a shame BRF is always so distant to other families...
They aren't, really. While British Royal Family tends to send few (if any) representative to European royal gatherings, they are far closer to foreign royals, especially Scandinavian and Dutch ones, then we think. For example, during the recent tour of Scandinavia of Prince Charles and Camilla, we learnt many stories of wonderfully warm (and mostly private) interactions between the families, such as Queen Sonja's frequent stays at Highgrove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was Joséphine-Charlotte not Maria Teresa who used different tiaras for the Ceremony and official photos. Maria Teresa wore only the Congo Necklace Tiara.
My mistake, thanks for correcting!
I still hope Stephanie will opt for something other than the Congo Tiara; it looks rather plain to mee.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

A nice short engagement - thats what we like!!! I am hopeful that people in the know will be able to post updates about the wedding etc in the run-up to the event.
From the UK I should imagine that Edward and Sophie will attend, although it would be fantastic if William and Catherine were to attend if only because of the similar ages.
As for all you tiara lovers out there, I will hope at least for a grand dinner event where full jewels must be worn!!!