The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Diamond Jubilee Luncheon & Dinner for the World's Monarchs - 18 May 2012

Queen invites ruler of Bahrain's bloody regime to her Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle | Mail Online

Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Luncheon and banquet for foreign monarchs - 18 May 2012

Bahrain despot says Yes to the Queen’s Jubilee lunch invitation
Quote:
The King of Bahrain has given the Queen a political headache by accepting her invitation to attend her Diamond Jubilee lunch at Windsor Castle next month. The decision will anger human rights groups opposed to his bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protesters. As a matter of royal protocol, the Queen was obliged to invite the king, along with other crowned heads from around the world, to her celebratory lunch on May 18, as revealed by The Mail on Sunday three weeks ago. While some may have hoped the king, Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, would decline the invitation to spare the Queen embarrassment, sources have now confirmed that he has formally accepted.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hm King Mihai I, HRH Crown Princess Margareta and HRH Prince Radu will be between the 17 and the 18th of May at Windsor Castle and at Buckingham Palce for the Diamond Giubilee of HM Queen Elisabeth II:

Familia Regal
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Diamond Jubilee luncheon and banquet for foreign monarchs - 18 May 2012

TM Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan will visit HM on occasion of her Diamond Jubilee from may 19th till may 22nd.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Japanese royalty to visit England - UPI.com

Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko will travel to Britain this month for Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee, the Japanese government said Tuesday.

Kyodo News said the royal couple will travel to England May 16 to take part in events celebrating the 60th anniversary of the queen's accession to the throne.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
TM Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan will visit HM on occasion of her Diamond Jubilee from may 19th till may 22nd.
Thanks for the information, lucien.
Looks like Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee celebrations are going to be truly unforgettable.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

William, Catherine, Harry and numerous other royals will attend a dinner at Windsor Castle on May 18th for World Monarchs.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

k well that's it looks like it for today. So we have our first ever banquet on the 18th that the Duke and Duchess along with Prince Harry will attend. Royals from around the world will also be attending. k I'm going out for dinner and drinks had a rough day, I'll be back later

For those who missed the article the first time around that I posted it.
Windsor | Areas | Windsor News | WindsorExpress | Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set to attend Windsor Castle banquet

Only thing that I find strange that is it's going to be done at Windsor Castle and not BP. Hope we get pix.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the coverage, ghost night, and go out and have a couple of drinks - you deserve them! Something tells me that since this is a banquet lunch, royalty won't be wearing tiaras. They don't normally wear the headgear for daytime events, unless it's for a wedding and the reception afterward.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh wait is it a lunch banquet damn I missed that part lmfao ok wait I change my mind no tiara unless it's a real fancy lunch but ya no no. But again I hope we get pix would love to see them interacting with the foreign royals.

Thnx Baroness I shall go and enjoy, I'll be back at it Thursday night trying to find out times and stuff for Friday's gala.

I do wonder though with the jubilee coming up if they will attend a dinner banquet at some point.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
k well that's it looks like it for today. So we have our first ever banquet on the 18th that the Duke and Duchess along with Prince Harry will attend. So ladies are we going to see Catherine wearing a tiara? Royals from around the world will also be attending. k I'm going out for dinner and drinks had a rough day, I'll be back later, I wanna see what everyone thinks. Personally I think she will wear the tiara.
I doubt it will be a tiara event. By the looks of it, the banquet is going to be a black-tie event.
British royals usually (and even then not always) wear tiaras only during white-tie events.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Courtier

The article notes it's going to be a lunch banquet. I'm guessing no tiaras.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya I missed that small bit when I first read it must be the lack of sleep from last night, was up pretty late working out some kinks in my calendar for this week. Shoot I can't even find a picture of a past royal lunch banquet so I dunno what to expect.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Ya I missed that small bit when I first read it must be the lack of sleep from last night, was up pretty late working out some kinks in my calendar for this week. Shoot I can't even find a picture of a past royal lunch banquet so I dunno what to expect.
Philip and Anne working the BBQ
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Philip and Anne working the BBQ
That was a lunch banquet? BTW it's internet so I can't tell whether or not your were joking
Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

On the 18th the Queen is hosting a lunch for the "world royals" at Windsor Castle. But I am sure that I read somewhere (here?) that Prince Charles is hosting a dinner but in London for the same group as well.

Found it!

By KATIE NICHOLL and JONATHAN PETRE
The Queen has risked an international outcry by inviting the King of Bahrain to a Diamond Jubilee banquet despite widespread criticism of his bloody and repressive regime.
The English-educated Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa is on the guest list for a lunch hosted by the Queen in May at Windsor Castle. He is also thought to be among those invited to a champagne dinner given by Prince Charles the same evening at Buckingham Palace.

Don't know if the Cambridges are attending the evening do.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I know that. I was responding to a previous post/discussion in this thread about there only being a lunch

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The event itself, the lunch is listed as an engagement for HM and The Duke alone in the future engagements. The dinner hosted by Charles is not mentioned and obviously a private event then.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that was a reference to Philip and Anne at the barbeque in the 1969 film "Royal Family." It was a family BBQ at Balmoral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
That was a lunch banquet? BTW it's internet so I can't tell whether or not your were joking

Another article from today
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that was a reference to Philip and Anne at the barbeque in the 1969 film "Royal Family." It was a family BBQ at Balmoral.

yes that was exactly the reference... (I actually was looking for the picture to attach) sorry I was being sarcastic (adding smilies is harder from my ipad) I wanted a tiara event... and instead we are getting lunch. I'm sure it will be nice, but it should be glittering and pretty... hopefully there will be an iconic group photograph of the assembled leaders.