Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Church Wedding - July 2, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought for sure that Princess Charlene would wear a tiara. Most of the other royal ladies did wear one to the dinner gala.

Charlene does have a very delicate tiara in her hair tonight. If you check out some pictures it doesn't show much on one side of her head, but it shows more on the other side. It's sort of woven into her hair.

Here, here. Albert would have been better off reading a prepared speech. It jumps around. And what a terrible thing to say, "you are a wonderful, sometimes patient woman, with me." Ugh.

That was an altogether egocentric speech. Nearly nothing about the virtues of the bride, only what she can give to him or tolerate him.

Isn't the groom supposed to toast the bride, not "love, peace, and harmony?" Is Albert a hippie?
I agree with every word!

I totally missed this wedding!

So does anyone have clips of the nieces speaking...did everyone speak...Alexandra, Camille, Pauline and Charlotte?

As I said I totally missed this wedding but I have read every page and I am very much reminded when people complained about the lack of emotion and coldness of William and Kate's wedding. While I certainly hate to bring up comparisons, I would encourage ALL who think this wedding was emotionless to (if you can find it) watch the wedding again. The 2nd time I watched the William and Kate wedding, you can VERY MUCH see the emotion (the smiles, glances and affection between the two). When something is going on (and it sounds like a lot was going on), sometimes things manage to slip by you. Perhaps that is the case with Albert and Charlene.

On the other hand, if you very much doubt the sincerity of this couple or the reasons for their marriage, than I don't think you will find it. To be honest, if you are looking for a reason to be negative or something to be wrong, its easy to find something to support your train of thought.

That being said, I do wish Albert and Charlene all the happiness in the world. As I have stated in the past, these are two grown adults who know the deal. From the little touches I have seen, they do seem to have comfortable and loving relationship based on something that works for them. Many passionate weddings that you could see the fire from a mile away, ended up dying a quick death. What's the saying...fire burns itself out?

I wouldn't be surprised if Albert and Charlene surprised us as well. But we shall see.

Last edited:
I am quiet glad, that non of you will be present for my wedding and later scrutinize it into oblivion :p

Beautiful wedding dress - perfectly suited to her. Breathtaking impact - and excellent make-up! She clearly worked with professionals.

I have to agree with others who say that she tops all other royal brides thus far this year - though every bride is special on their day, of course.

Charlene has authenticity (is the word I'd use), as does Albert. This is a mature marriage. They're not trying to impress us, 'sell' us on them - just do what's in front of them. While I can understand some not being impressed by Albert's speech - I felt as though I was listening in on a family wedding - there was a lot of honesty in what he said and between the lines of what he did say. He was addressing family and friends - it was touching - he was glued to his notes and yet rambled. I think he was nervous - and realized how close he came to losing her.

I wish them well. :flowers:

I am quiet glad, that non of you will be present for my wedding and later scrutinize it into oblivion :p

That's why we're all members of the Royal Forums. Scrutinizing is our job. ;)

:TRFrules:

That's why we're all members of the Royal Forums. Scrutinizing is our job. ;)

:TRFrules:

Exactly.
I think if someone has an opinion its their opinion and we should respect it. I personally did not like the lack of emotion at Will and Kates wedding but thats just my opinion. I loved the emotion and love between A&C.

So,where are the fireworks and the cake?:lol:
I'm looking around for the dinner pictures but alas,I can't find any.

btw,my favourite person at this wedding is Princess Alexandra of Hannover..what a lovely child,always looking happy and she looked as she thoroughly enjoyed this event.Lovely poise and good posture for a pre-teen.She obviously inherited it from her mother,Princess Caroline.

Last edited:
Any one find any video's from the wedding yet ?

The mother of the bride looks great!!! Honestly her and Albert could pass as a very matched couple :)). The speech was weird, he mentioned that thir journey wasn't always easy...I bed what's coming won't be easy either

The mother of the bride looks great!!! Honestly her and Albert could pass as a very matched couple :)). The speech was weird, he mentioned that thir journey wasn't always easy...I bed what's coming won't be easy either

Very interestingly worded speech. He appeared to be saying a lot between the lines. I agree that Charlene's mother is very pretty and they could pass for sisters much less mother daughter.

Does anybody have the video of Charlotte speaking?:flowers:

Where were they married? It looks really pretty. Was it a church?

I know I am probably going to upset Monaco Royal fans but, they seem like such a miss matched couple, I have to wonder why they are even together. I don't know them personally but the body language says a lot. He kisses her like she is his best friends wife. The wedding was a little too 'The Restless Years' for my liking but Charlene looked radiant.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I went to bed immediately after CNN cut off their Live Stream, as I was going to set my alarm clock to get up 2 hrs. later for the Ball, but alas my instincts were correct, unfortunately they did not show it. However, I did see the clip a wonderful member posted of Albert's tremulous speech. :)

I'm still in a state of exquisite calm peaceful celestial cloud 9, where nothing exists but God, love, joy, and happiness mixed with tears. I am sincerely humbled to have been alive to finally see a Grimaldi wedding of this magnitude, the first of its kind since 1956. It will be treasured in my mind alongside Diana & Charles Wedding in 1981 and also Victoria & Daniel's in 2010, where it will live forever, and come out on special occasions... :heart:

ps: it was an honest to God joy to spend this wedding with fellow like-minded souls, one of the joys of the internet in this new age :) , and I sincerely thank those that do not care for Albert & Charlene to not have watched it nor posted cruel comments during this wonderful momentous occasion for the rest of us. Thank you. :)

"SALUT!" :fireworks:

Of course they are mismatched. Isn't he like almost 60? It's clearly one of those, guy gets the hott girl only because he is rich plus he has a title and runs a country. As to the body language, I personally wouldn't put much stock in it because Grace looked grim and sad on her wedding day.

Albert is a sensative Pisces..notice how very soft spoken and low keyed he is?

I believe she is a Aquarian..on the surface, unemotional.

Uhh, I think that to be a fairly lax reason to justify any unforseeable relationship breakdown.

In any case, I know plenty of aquarians who are perfectly emotional, selfless and considerate people so can't say I agree with that statement in any case.

Last edited:
First of all, he is 53, not 60. He is the Sovereign, so he is expected to act in a certain way. He is not the owner of a gym or a prince who is third in line. Do't get me wrong, I like the other, too. Grace met Ranier a few months before. They were total stangers. They are not drooling all over each other, like some of the "celebrities" who divorce, 2 months later. I think, becuase of his position, he has been taught not to show a great deal of emotion. The most emotion Elizabeth of England ever showed, was when they took her yacht away.

First of all, he is 53, not 60. He is the Sovereign, so he is expected to act in a certain way. He is not the owner of a gym or a prince who is third in line. Do't get me wrong, I like the other, too. Grace met Ranier a few months before. They were total stangers. They are not drooling all over each other, like some of the "celebrities" who divorce, 2 months later. I think, becuase of his position, he has been taught not to show a great deal of emotion. The most emotion Elizabeth of England ever showed, was when they took her yacht away.

.lol. Brilliant post! Particularly the last sentence :D

Back
Top Bottom