The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Courtier

I loved the dress and dare I say I liked it more then Kates. Her hair was just lovely with that diamond detailing it was stunning. Her makeup was so lovely and she looked beautiful. My only complaint as such is the top part of the dress looks a little lacking to the bottom! Also the two trains was a bit much but I liked the fact there was a long one it suited the occassion and venue. It has sparkle which sadly Kate's lacked! Not sure why Albert was in white I'm not into men wearing white it looks odd to me. I see some happy moments there and I hope they have a long and happy marriage. I guess they don't have the same keeping your shoulders covered rule at the do in the UK church?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Majesty

The off-the-shoulder wedding gown was gorgeous. I liked the simplicity of it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Stunning dress; stunning bride. I loved her veil and the understatement of using the lovely headpiece on her chignon. Armani has risen to the challenge. This dress was a perfect design for her statuesque body and lovely face.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandwichSheik View Post
I love her white dress and especially her hair and diamond hairpiece.

It's a pity she didn't get a tiara because the foreign royals are all looking fantastic tonight. Princess Caroline looks lovely and Princess Madeleine is just a knockout. Charlene without a tiara looks plain compared the rest of the ladies.
She did get a tiara, one of the most magnificent ones in recent memory...but for some unfathomable reason has chosen not to wear it tonight.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I loved the dress and dare I say I liked it more then Kates. Her hair was just lovely with that diamond detailing it was stunning. Her makeup was so lovely and she looked beautiful. My only complaint as such is the top part of the dress looks a little lacking to the bottom! Also the two trains was a bit much but I liked the fact there was a long one it suited the occassion and venue. It has sparkle which sadly Kate's lacked! Not sure why Albert was in white I'm not into men wearing white it looks odd to me. I see some happy moments there and I hope they have a long and happy marriage. I guess they don't have the same keeping your shoulders covered rule at the do in the UK church?
No need to compare Charlene and Kate.

Many military summer version of the uniforms are white. The King of Sweden wore white as well at the ceremony. Perhaps learning more about royal and military culture would increase your appreciation of events such as the current weddings.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Nobility

I really liked Charlene's wedding dress but I also really liked Victoria's. For me an elegant royal wedding dress is simpler without a lot of lace and fuss but everyone is different in what they prefer.

I thought her hair and makeup were flawless - probably the best of all the royal brides I have seen as they let her natural beauty shine through and it looked perfect with the delicate veil.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Commoner

I thought all of Charlene's outfits were lovely & most importantly, looked lovely on her.
She is a beautiful woman.
The gown for the religious ceremony was outstanding ... especially the beading details.
I would not have gone with the 2nd train ... just the one train off the dress but then I am no fan on long trains stapled to the back of a dress just for a wedding ... just me & my thoughts.

I wish Albert & Charlene a happy life together.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:35 AM
Royal Highness

I liked her reception dress as well. Very beautiful - do we know who designed it?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Wedding dress - Very pretty and im glad they used embellishments on the dress rather than having it plain. I liked the cut and thought it suited her very well but I didn't like the shoulder part, looks awkward to me.

Evening wedding party dress - Boring! nothing special at all.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Serene Highness

I think the trail at the back of her dress , was way to big and heavy , she looked like she was finding it hard to move .
Old 07-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Courtier

I liked the evening dress, but I think it would have been better if she would have worn that to the Red Cross Ball and kept her wedding dress on (without the train).
Old 07-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

sm1939 You're right - I didn't see it at first, but Armani didn't do her any favours by adding that huuuge back end. But then he is not a man.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Commoner

the type of train that extended from her shoulders is what is known as a watteau neckline- and while it is a very old style- it also enjoyed quite a revivial in the 1950's ( during Princess Grace's day.....
Honestly, I think it is one of the most elegant necklines ever, and I thought I would never see it again. But, arguably, when you attach 5.5 M of heavy silk to your shoulder blade area ( even Princess Charlene's well trained swimmers shoulders!) you'll likely have a major tug on your hand.
The under train was gorgeous as well, and I thought the whole effect was lovely, but obviously it was all in all , a bit too much weight to be pulling around!
I think it is a horrible shame that they didin't fix the undertrain beneath the longer train properly for the ceremony( thus all the photo's look as if she has some short odd dress appendage out there on her left.
And additionally it was a realy shame that they didn't properly arrange her train for the recessional.....
bummer....
It did remind me quite a bit of that terribly dull dress of Princess Victoria's in the front, but with Armani doing it, it at least created quite a fair amount of panache all in all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I liked the evening dress, but I think it would have been better if she would have worn that to the Red Cross Ball and kept her wedding dress on (without the train).
and I am with you on that one.....really!...Her evening dress was really not quite up to snuff, I didn't think,either.....
Old 07-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Charlene was a stunning bride. I loved her gown - so simple and yet so elegant. I especially loved the veil. Her hair was also nice- and the jewelry in her hair was simply gorgeous.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Serene Highness

Her wedding dress was stunning. I'm not a particular fan of poofy skirts ala Sissi so this was more up my alley personally. The shoulder part was a good call on Armani. Charlene doesn't look too well in strapless and lace sleeves would have all the comparisons going.

The bottom part was some fine craftmanship aswell, and the veil and the headpiece was stunning. She's my number one now when it comes to Royal weddings.

[edit] Oh and can I just add that Princess Charlene's make-up was perfection. Now I'm going to compare but Kate's make-up and especially the overdose of blush and eye-liner made for a harsher look. You can definetly see that Charlene's make-up was done by a pro, not by herself. Or she is a pro herself and does a fine job at it.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

You can't really compare the teint and make-up of a dark-haired woman with that of a blonde.

Empress Merel is right about the overall craftsmanship of the "confection" that is Charlène.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
She did get a tiara, one of the most magnificent ones in recent memory...but for some unfathomable reason has chosen not to wear it tonight.
Gee! I would like to see this. Maybe it is better out of sight (and out of mind).
The dress was appropriate for the bride but I am disappointed with both royal brides this year as none of them has come up with the WOW factor (my opinion only). But her attendant should have been on hand to control her trains as the princely couple left after the wedding (she was very visible during the ceremony and the signing of the marriage document - trying to do a Pippa but was nowhere to be found during this bridal procession). Charlene had to whack it back into place when it veered off the carpet as they rounded a corner. A good thing she is an athlete and had strong shoulders.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

I loved the wedding gown. Charlene managed to put her own stamp on it; it was really very her. I liked the color and above-the-waist look for the civil ceremony very much, but those palazzo pants... uhm, no. Her evening gown for the banquet was also too simple, IMO. But throughout the past few days she looked gorgeous. Flawless hair and makeup, beautiful composure.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved the whole ensemble - jacket or no jacket. And a lovely colour.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post
The shoulders of the gown didn't suit her already broad at the top frame. Still I guess all that matters is that she chose it and was happy with it. It was very ordinary but not unattractive. The guests did look unhappy but she looked marginally pleased and even Albert smiled a bit.
I said the same thing, Marie! That style made her look like a linebacker, and it really didn't fit that well. I think she'd have looked better in a halter or v-neck, something that wouldn't accentuate her shoulders so much.