Charlene Wittstock's Wedding Dress: Civil and Church Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very beautiful gown and a very beautiful bride. The embroidery was wonderful and I liked the hair accessory too - unusual!

Her eyes were swollen. I hope she didn't cry that much.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zjrETazWe...AAQL4/-PPkiUeuhIo/s1600/14991756028_ZhMmq.jpg

The shoulders of the gown didn't suit her already broad at the top frame. Still I guess all that matters is that she chose it and was happy with it. It was very ordinary but not unattractive. The guests did look unhappy but she looked marginally pleased and even Albert smiled a bit.

She needs to do something about the volume of her hair and needs a bit of fluff about her narrow face.

Time will tell how this arrangement will pan out but I am hoping for a positive union.

She needs to do something about the volume of her hair and needs a bit of fluff about her narrow face.

If you figure out how to do this without extensions or vigorous backcombing (which would damage the already delicate hair), please let me know! ;) I have similar hair as Charlene and it is a constant battle with this hair...

Last edited:
And people thought Kate's dress was boring. Charlene is beautiful bit the dress is just ...well a dress. Definitely at the bottom of the 21st century brides.

And people thought Kate's dress was boring. Charlene is beautiful bit the dress is just ...well a dress.
I hear ya! (Though I absolutely hate comparisons between such things). But if I'm being honest, I'm actually quite shocked that people are so enthralled with her dress! But I guess I'm in the minority who thought Victoria's dress was boring as well. *Sucks it up* Still, she looked pretty, especially with the veil off, Albert looked happy, and it was their (religious) wedding so that is all that matters.

I totally missed the wedding on television but from the pictures both of HSH Princess Charlene (HA! And they said that would never happen) dresses were beautiful.

I think the Civil dress would have been better served if it was a nice skirt but other than that the dress was beautiful color that really complimented her and she looked (dare I say it ) GORGEOUS!

I love the dresses she wore today. Again I didn't see the wedding so I am not sure how the length of the train played with the actual ceremony, but in pictures the dress is beautiful. Same with the evening ceremony.

She was a gorgeous beautiful bride.

I also thought Victoria's dress was boring, Super Baroness. But the part around the shoulders was better than what Charlene wore. I did like the embroidery at the bottom of Charlene's gown, I just think it should have been used more throughout the dress. I will say Charlene had an amazing bouquet.

I'm surprised by the amount of ppl who aren't keen on the dress. I thought the (I'm gonna say this wrong) neckline, the top that goes around the shoulders (you know what I mean), was really original.
The embroidery was stunning, and she definitely wore the dress rather than the dress wearing her, what i mean is that for her hight and athletic figure, I think it was absolutely right for her. My lil girl is very happy anyway, she's only 3 and theres at least 5 royal wedding dresses she wants for her own wedding.
Personally Princess Charlene's dress is on my top 5 favourite list.

I love her white dress and especially her hair and diamond hairpiece.

It's a pity she didn't get a tiara because the foreign royals are all looking fantastic tonight. Princess Caroline looks lovely and Princess Madeleine is just a knockout. Charlene without a tiara looks plain compared the rest of the ladies.

Charlene is definitely not plain, so its sad she looks like she is without a tiara. I might be wrong, but the brides of Monaco seem to get married without tiaras. The only one who I thought looked even more regal without was was Grace.
Madeline always looks great, so that's no surprise. I think i saw a quick pic of Victoria after the ceremony and she definitely looked better with her hair done and the tiara she wore was beautiful.

And people thought Kate's dress was boring. Charlene is beautiful bit the dress is just ...well a dress. Definitely at the bottom of the 21st century brides.

I think the beading was lovely. I'm not quite sure yet but I think I like this dress better then Kates.

I totally missed the wedding on television but from the pictures both of HSH Princess Charlene (HA! And they said that would never happen) dresses were beautiful.

I think the Civil dress would have been better served if it was a nice skirt but other than that the dress was beautiful color that really complimented her and she looked (dare I say it ) GORGEOUS!

I love the dresses she wore today. Again I didn't see the wedding so I am not sure how the length of the train played with the actual ceremony, but in pictures the dress is beautiful. Same with the evening ceremony.

She was a gorgeous beautiful bride.
I totally missed the broadcast of the wedding as well. I just couldn't get that much into it as William and Catherine's.

I like the civil wedding outfit. I was looking to see her in smart cut short suit. Someone said it looked mature and it sorta does look like something a mother would wear to her daughter's wedding but I guess Her Serene Highness was dressing according to protocol - demure and not too much flash.

I like her wedding gown but like the civil ceremony outfit, I was expecting a little something more, well, smart. The second gown is more of the same. I guess what I was looking for was a WOW factor. I didn't get it :sad:
But she looked wonderful in all of them. Best wishes to the both of them:flowers:

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco's civil ceremony ensemble was a winner for me! *two thumbs way up*

But, honestly, with that figure, stature, physique, she can wear practically anything and it will look good on her, especially those surprising trousers? Lol, I honestly thought it was a dress until the pics above told otherwise. My gosh, there's no way a short person could get away with wearing something like that nor a gal with curves. Seriously, only someone with Princess Charlene's figure could wear something like that and make it stunning. :heart:

This has truly whetted my appetite to see what she will wear for the religious ceremony tomorrow! :cheers:

ETA: and it helps that she's a natural blonde, only a blonde with a figure like that could carry it off. Imho, of course. :)

A day later I will now add my thoughts on H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco's wedding dress. :)

Upon first glance my honest to God thought was that it resembled Crown Princess Victoria's of Sweden last year, and as with Victoria my original instinct was it was too plain, but like Victoria my admiration continued to grow & grow & grow throughout until by the end I was honestly in love with it, lol. :D :flowers:

Seriously, as with Victoria, I realize the simplicity of the dress is what makes it so special. Like that old adage states less is more, how true, and upon close viewing one could see the intricate and detailed beading, to the point I wanted to reach out and touch it. And the veil was fitting & perfect for such a serious & solemn occasion.

But what really drew the eye and stole the show was the perfection of Charlene's face ~ her skin was literally radiant ~ hands down I've never seen such an exquisite face except maybe Lady Diana Spencer back in 1981. But Charlene's face literally glowed, was dewy, and I kept thinking how is she not sweating!?! :confused: I mean everybody else was, especially the men, poor Charlene's father kept mopping his red face with a handkerchief, and the top of Prince Albert's bald spot was glistening with sweat, not to mention poor Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg (btw he's soooo handsome). Yet Charlene was truly like Cinderella at the Ball, sprinkled with magical fairy dust, and transformed into a living breathing Fairy Princess. :heart:

It was all quite moving, and her dress was the second thing I saw, the first being Albert way up above in the stairwell looking dapper & debonair. Next came Charlene on the arm of her father, being so careful and delicate in her steps, her hand fragile and her eyes demure and downcast with a shy look up every now & then accompanied with an equally shy smile.

Lastly, I was so thankful that Charlene's dress befitted the occasion, no bosom or breasts showing, that's what I was worried about the most, lol, and therefore was relieved when she showed up looking so modest and demure. Yet elegant and befitting her age and position.

"CONGRATULATIONS, PRINCESS CHARLENE, ON A WINNER OF A WEDDING DRESS!" :princess3:

ETA: oops, how could I forget that gorgeous tiara/brooch/hair ornament intertwined in the back of her chignon, it kept drawing my eye upon close-ups of her face & hair, would love to know the history of that magical piece. My original thought was that it was Princess Caroline of Hanover's Honeysuckle Tiara, which is what it resembled, so touching...

Last edited:
For the civil ceremony I thought it was such a soft and beautiful colour that pefectly emphasied her face and hair. With the jacket and without I thought it was lovely, very striking face and loved her hair. For the religious ceremony again such wounderful hair, loved the diamond headpeace holding the veil, and the dress for the evening reception I thought was also lovely, again very floatey like the dress for the civil ceremony.

Her dress is breath-taking. There are only a handful of women who can wear a dress like that and pull it off! She is absolutely a princess....gorgeous!

I like the shoulders...it's asymmetrical, so her shoulders didn't look too broad. The whiteness of the dress made her look like an angel. Armani is a master of his domain.

Beautiful, just beautiful. This is my second most favourite, behind Victoria's dress.

I really love the off-shoulder gowns both Charlene and Victoria chose to wear, I also love the fact that they both chose to wear a minimal amount of jewelry and very pretty, very natural-looking makeup. I think that makes for a timeless, classic and elegant look.

Wow I loved the whole wedding outfit. The dress was exquisite - it worked well for her. I like the simplicity of the dress and yet it had some unique touches to make it "original" such as the beautiful embroidery and the way the shoulders were done.
Her bouquet was just right - not too big nor too small. I also like the way her veil was done. The whole look was gorgeous!

The design of the dress was fine- a bit boring, yes, but (Princess Mabel's Viktor and Rolf being the obvious exception) how many royal brides are really going to try and go avant garde on their big day? She's a beautiful woman and honestly, she could have made a white paper bag look glamorous.

However, I can't possibly be the only one to think that it was rather ill fitted. It would have looked a million times better had it just fit her well around the midsection.

I loved the dress and dare I say I liked it more then Kates. Her hair was just lovely with that diamond detailing it was stunning. Her makeup was so lovely and she looked beautiful. My only complaint as such is the top part of the dress looks a little lacking to the bottom! Also the two trains was a bit much but I liked the fact there was a long one it suited the occassion and venue. It has sparkle which sadly Kate's lacked! Not sure why Albert was in white I'm not into men wearing white it looks odd to me. I see some happy moments there and I hope they have a long and happy marriage. I guess they don't have the same keeping your shoulders covered rule at the do in the UK church?

The off-the-shoulder wedding gown was gorgeous. I liked the simplicity of it.

Stunning dress; stunning bride. I loved her veil and the understatement of using the lovely headpiece on her chignon. Armani has risen to the challenge. This dress was a perfect design for her statuesque body and lovely face.

I love her white dress and especially her hair and diamond hairpiece.

It's a pity she didn't get a tiara because the foreign royals are all looking fantastic tonight. Princess Caroline looks lovely and Princess Madeleine is just a knockout. Charlene without a tiara looks plain compared the rest of the ladies.

She did get a tiara, one of the most magnificent ones in recent memory...but for some unfathomable reason has chosen not to wear it tonight. :bang::bang:

I loved the dress and dare I say I liked it more then Kates. Her hair was just lovely with that diamond detailing it was stunning. Her makeup was so lovely and she looked beautiful. My only complaint as such is the top part of the dress looks a little lacking to the bottom! Also the two trains was a bit much but I liked the fact there was a long one it suited the occassion and venue. It has sparkle which sadly Kate's lacked! Not sure why Albert was in white I'm not into men wearing white it looks odd to me. I see some happy moments there and I hope they have a long and happy marriage. I guess they don't have the same keeping your shoulders covered rule at the do in the UK church?
No need to compare Charlene and Kate.

Many military summer version of the uniforms are white. The King of Sweden wore white as well at the ceremony. Perhaps learning more about royal and military culture would increase your appreciation of events such as the current weddings.

I really liked Charlene's wedding dress but I also really liked Victoria's. For me an elegant royal wedding dress is simpler without a lot of lace and fuss but everyone is different in what they prefer.

I thought her hair and makeup were flawless - probably the best of all the royal brides I have seen as they let her natural beauty shine through and it looked perfect with the delicate veil.

I thought all of Charlene's outfits were lovely & most importantly, looked lovely on her.
She is a beautiful woman.
The gown for the religious ceremony was outstanding ... especially the beading details.
I would not have gone with the 2nd train ... just the one train off the dress but then I am no fan on long trains stapled to the back of a dress just for a wedding ... just me & my thoughts.

I wish Albert & Charlene a happy life together.

I liked her reception dress as well. Very beautiful - do we know who designed it?

Wedding dress - Very pretty and im glad they used embellishments on the dress rather than having it plain. I liked the cut and thought it suited her very well but I didn't like the shoulder part, looks awkward to me.

Evening wedding party dress - Boring! nothing special at all.

I think the trail at the back of her dress , was way to big and heavy , she looked like she was finding it hard to move .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom