Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concering the royal guests.

Until now we know that will be present:
Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik
King Harald V & Queen Sonja
Sheikha Mozah of Qatar
King Konstantinos II & Queen Anna-Maria of the Hellenes
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel of Sweden
Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
Crown Prince Aleksandar & Crown Princess Katarina of Serbia
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece

Or am I missing someone?
Princess Jelizaveta of Serbia

Is it confirmed that Crown Prince Pavlos will attend the wedding? What about his wife Crown Princess Marie-Chantal?

IMO, Sarah Buys' gown was the dregs of Burton designs and very ill-fitting. It was not attractive or flattering at all. She looked like the "sack of potatoes" wearing it. I'm pretty open minded, but whoever fitted her gown was either a rank amateur or drunk.

Via royalreporter Twitter-

Sources close to Welsh Guards band say they have been picked to play a fanfare when William and Kate emerge onto palace balcony.

And.....

Daily Express exclusive today: Prince William and Kate Middleton told to invite Gibraltar's chief minister to wedding after diplomatic row.

Thank you Dymphna! :) I would definitely like something like that, it would be unexpected, and would have the wow factor, as well as being quite ethereal. Especially if she wore her hair back from her face a little, up, perhaps, or flowing long while letting some of the natural curl I hear Kate has in her hair show. Plus I really hope someone softens her makeup for the wedding day. :flowers:

I second letting the curls show! That and the type of dress you favor would certainly be a departure for Kate and highlight the formality and "princess-ness" of the occasion.
:royalrobes:

Edited to add: Personally, I think the bone-straight hair that has been in style is getting tiresome. We are due for some femininity.

I am going to reiterate that Miss Buys needed an entirely different undergarment before she was fitted. A good designer will plan for all that, although women vary considerably in their willingness to follow advice (I would hate being a wedding dress designer). The design of the Buys dress, though, meant that unless it was fitted differently and foundation garments were well chosen yes, she looked like a sack of potatoes.

Glad to hear about the fanfare - nice touch.

When I first read that about the Gilbraltar minister, and I thought of the other kind of minister (the kind that married John and Yoko at Gibraltar). Wonder what it feels like to get a late invitation...

With the royal wedding only a little more than a month away, the commemorative items have reached a new frenzy. My friend in London found this online:

http://www.guandongenterprisesltd.com/

It's a William and Kate's 2011 wedding commemorative cup. But can you find a VERY noticeable mistake in it? This product just made me laugh.

IMO, Sarah Buys' gown was the dregs of Burton designs and very ill-fitting. It was not attractive or flattering at all. She looked like the "sack of potatoes" wearing it. I'm pretty open minded, but whoever fitted her gown was either a rank amateur or drunk.

I completely agree. I thought the same thing when I saw it.

With the royal wedding only a little more than a month away, the commemorative items have reached a new frenzy. My friend in London found this online:

It's a William and Kate's 2011 wedding commemorative cup. But can you find a VERY noticeable mistake in it? This product just made me laugh.

OMG! :eek: What dimwit made these? :lol:

Hysterical!

Does anyone employ fact checkers anymore? Or are they the first to go when layoffs are announced?

Does anyone think it possible that Kate will wear a dress that is NOT white or some shade of ivory?

White is a fairly recent trend for weddings, so it would be possible.
(I don't think it is likely).

However, I remember the first wife of Earl Spencer chose gold; I thought it was really unique.

Kurenai said:

Hilarious!

Oh my!

Was the creator of this item even paying attention to the images s/he was using? I'm thoroughly amused.

I am thinking that someone either lost their job over that mistake (depending on the quanity of the item) or had a very uncomfortable discussion. Although it might be worth something because of the error.

Does anyone think it possible that Kate will wear a dress that is NOT white or some shade of ivory?

However, I remember the first wife of Earl Spencer chose gold; I thought it was really unique.

Queen Victoria is reported to have worn the first ever white wedding gown in 1840...that's 171 years ago, so it depends on your definition of "fairly recent."

I believe she will wear white of some hue. I don't think we'll see a pale blue, pink, yellow, green...all of which were popular when I married in 1970. This was when second and third weddings were becoming "Normal" and the bride wanted to have a(nother) big church wedding, where white (of any hue) would have been considered gauche.

Knowing his sense of humor, can you imagine the LAUGHS Harry is getting from this?? Kate too, for that matter!:lol:

Knowing his sense of humor, can you imagine the LAUGHS Harry is getting from this?? Kate too, for that matter!:lol:

I can't stop laughing, myself!!! I just ordered one for my friend, who is a rabid Royalist. Thanks for passing the information along.

If my paycheck was in pounds I would considerate buy one for myself. This will become a true collector's item.

OMG...

Without the names being displayed you can pick up on it quickly..

What a huge difference!

I was thinking it might be a fun wedding gift to the royal couple. Years from now they'll look back at it and still find something to laugh about. Anyone know which address I can send this memorable gift to?

I have to admit that is hilarious, if I was in the UK I'd buy one. I can't believe they could make such a mistake.

Is it confirmed that Crown Prince Pavlos will attend the wedding? What about his wife Crown Princess Marie-Chantal?

Isn't it customery for a couple to be invited? I mean for an invitation to be for husband and wife. I'd assume Marie-Chantal is invited, and would come unless she had some reason she is unable to attend.

Queen Victoria is reported to have worn the first ever white wedding gown in 1840...that's 171 years ago, so it depends on your definition of "fairly recent."

I believe she will wear white of some hue. I don't think we'll see a pale blue, pink, yellow, green...all of which were popular when I married in 1970. This was when second and third weddings were becoming "Normal" and the bride wanted to have a(nother) big church wedding, where white (of any hue) would have been considered gauche.

This reminds me of an old saying: -

Married in White, you have chosen right,
Married in Blue, your love will always be true,
Married in Pearl, you will live in a whirl,
Married in Brown, you will live in town,
Married in Red, you will wish yourself dead,
Married in Yellow, ashamed of your fellow,
Married in Green, ashamed to be seen,
Married in Pink, your spirit will sink,
Married in Grey, you will go far away,
Married in Black, you will wish yourself back

I hope Kate's dress is white!

Ah, the shades that lie in between beige and bright white!

Champagne, oyster, pearl, eggshell, bisque, porcelain, cream, vanille...

Princess Grace's dress..is not bright white or even pure white. And it is lovely and perfect for a princess.

Those who are about to be princesses should, above all, remember that they should follow their own desires - and I trust Kate to choose something whitey-like but not blinding. (Although if it is bright white, those Burton dresses come into play in an interesting way - many of those dresses make the best of fabric and construction in the white domain, like swans do).

I'm guessing that if it is Burton, it will be white (but not blinding). There will be folds and shirring and such, so that the overall affect is not one big blob of whiteness.

Well said PrincessKaimi! I agree an all white dress can be beautiful when it works with how the shadows and lights play off the folds, etc. in the dress. :)

There are many shades that are not pure white but that does not make them brown as people think of the color brown (being quite darker). People don't look at off white, cream, beige, etc. and say it's brown.

The late Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wore a very pale pink gown

Any photo of this dress so the rest of us know what you are speaking of?

(I hope it's okay to post a link here of the dress). In this photo Diana was feeling ill from her soon to be announced pregnancy so her eyes are closed!

This dress is lilac colored, but I like the overall image it gives, dreamy, etc. An updated dress inspired by something like this could be quite pretty, and a departure from the usual styles Kate wears. When Diana was walking, moving in this dress it sort of floated around her and downplayed Diana's height, etc. I am a designer and I could easily imagine taking inspiration from this image, modernizing it, it would look quite lovely I think making the long walk down the carpet at the wedding.:wub: It will be the main day she has to be able to play the fairy princess with a dress that can be a little bit over the top. (I also hope she wears flowers somehow in her hair as Fergie did, revealing a tiara later when she was married.)

MelissaAdrian wrote: "And again I doubt McQueen would be insulted to be compared to Oldfield as was insinuated, any more than Oldfield would be to be compared to Mcqueen. They are both incredible designers, whose talents have allowed them to be given the title of a courture designer."

I agree too, that it is doubtful Alexander McQueen would be insulted, mostly for the reason he passed away over a year ago.... ;)

Kate of course is free to wear whatever color she likes, style she wants, designer she chooses, etc. and it certainly is not negative to speculate on that, and give opinions. Isn't that the point of this forum, to discuss the subjects of the threads, and not to be "negative" and speak down to other posters?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/Princess Diana/DianapregnantwithWilliam.jpg

There used to be the trend that women would marry in whatever was considered their best/finest dress whatever the color. I find that interesting how wedding dresses have changed over the decades.

That rhyme about the dress colors is familiar to me too. It would make a superstitious person nervous to wear much other than white or blue! :eek:Despite that though I would encourage most women to wear whatever color they like, and looks well on them. Of course Kate also has the challenge of the big church wedding where her dress should look well on camera, in person, and not fade into the background of such impressive surroundings (which could be why a lot of royal brides choose an impressive train too as it makes a big impression just by sheer size)

Last edited:
The late Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wore a very pale pink gown

Apparently, the material used in Princess Alexandra's gown was tinted a shade of magnolia - I assume this is amongst the many shades of off-white or cream!?

I wore a misty pale gray trimmed with silver for my wedding. And I'm not far away!:ROFLMAO:

The ad for that cup cannot be serious. Is it?!!!

Isn't it customery for a couple to be invited? I mean for an invitation to be for husband and wife. I'd assume Marie-Chantal is invited, and would come unless she had some reason she is unable to attend.

I think this question was asked before.

Needless to say, it is customary to ask the husband and wife to a wedding, especially if the groom is godfather to their son.

That being said, Marie Chantal must have another engagement, I can't imagine her not being invited. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get an official reason if she doesn't attend.

New to this thread but it's exactly what I craved!
Love that poem about the colors of wedding dresses!

@SPerryPeoplemag UK
"A night out for Kate with her (future) in-laws. #katemiddleton joined Charles and Camilla at the ballet in London this evening"

waiting for pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom