Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so we wont know until the day whether Earl Spencer will give a speech?

Yes, very interesting - the possibility of committing faux pas seems to be endless.

I think that the Spencers will be recognized here. Prince William is fiercely protective of his mother's image and would in no way want it to look like her family was unwanted at her oldest son's wedding. William may not be 100% Spencer, but he's 50% Spencer whether or not he is actually very involved in their lives. I think that Kate will wear the Spencer Tiara and possibly one of the gifts given to Diana by Charles during the marriage, or one of the wedding gifts. She might choose to wear the Sapphire jewelry set that was given as a gift from the Crown Prince of Saudia Arabia and goes with the ring. She may wear the Diamond Heart Necklace that Charles gave to Diana as a gift after Prince William's birth. She may wear Mrs. Shand Kydd's earrings that Diana wore at the wedding.

Rossop the Queen Mom's dainty, flowery tiara can sit on a person's head the way other tiaras do. Queen Mom just like to wear it that way-like a flapper from the twenties.

I too hope that Ms Middleton gets a tiara that suits her and isn't to heavy when wearing it.:flowers:

Ah I thought perhaps it could be worn differently depending on choice/taste/fashion, I just hadn't seen any pics of it worn in any different ways. If so then yes that one would look quite lovely with the right hairstyle & placement :flowers:

I think that the Spencers will be recognized here. Prince William is fiercely protective of his mother's image and would in no way want it to look like her family was unwanted at her oldest son's wedding. William may not be 100% Spencer, but he's 50% Spencer whether or not he is actually very involved in their lives. I think that Kate will wear the Spencer Tiara and possibly one of the gifts given to Diana by Charles during the marriage, or one of the wedding gifts. She might choose to wear the Sapphire jewelry set that was given as a gift from the Crown Prince of Saudia Arabia and goes with the ring. She may wear the Diamond Heart Necklace that Charles gave to Diana as a gift after Prince William's birth. She may wear Mrs. Shand Kydd's earrings that Diana wore at the wedding.

We have discussed this ad nauseam. The Spencer tiara belongs to William's uncle. Catherine is not a Spencer & is not marrying a Spencer. The Royal family have a vault full of tiara's so, no matter what William wants, HM is not going to countenance going "cap in hand" to her recalcitrant godson.

wymanda said:
We have discussed this ad nauseam. The Spencer tiara belongs to William's uncle. Catherine is not a Spencer & is not marrying a Spencer. The Royal family have a vault full of tiara's so, no matter what William wants, HM is not going to countenance going "cap in hand" to her recalcitrant godson.

But she is marrying someone who is Spencer by blood- 50% just as point of fact....

But she is marrying someone who is Spencer by blood- 50% just as point of fact....
I understand Diana's brother requested she return the tiara as he wanted it for his wife. I see no reason for anyone to now request it for Catherine. The direct link to the Spencer's is unfortunately dead and Catherine is marrying in to the Windsor family. She will wear the tiara QEII decides she should wear, and I am certain it will not be an insignificant one. This is the Queens opportunity to show that the heirs are lined up for a very long time to come. The wedding is a very major event and the third in line for the throne may very well be born by the time she steps down or dies.

Agreed.
I don't even expect Earl Spencer to give a speech at the wedding; the RF must know he's a loose cannon.

Besides, who gives speeches at a wedding, other than the sermon by the Archbishop of Canterbury?

Wonder just how big itll be who recites the vows first Him or Her

Did anyone else read the article where Lady Kitty Spencer said William asked her father to give a speech about Diana at the wedding? I don't like that at all if it's true, what does everyone else think....
Sorry for quoting this now but just wondering did she directly say it? Cause all i can find online is her friend saying she said it to her.

I certainly hope he doesn't! The man is a piece of work - and the very fact the idea is even being suggested has me questioning William's judgement. In fact, if it does occur I will write off William as living in some sort of delusion like his mother. I will watch enough of the wedding to see the dress, and the dresses of the guests and the flowers and stuff - superficial, I know - but I will henceforth ignore William. Thankfully I will not see this foolish man ascend a throne in my lifetime.

Isn't that a bit harsh? Because if it would happen, it would only be because William would have done something you disagree with. I think it's a bit far-stretching to subsequently write the man off completely if the so-called 'horror scenario' is to occur. I'd take it as 'an error of judgement on your wedding day is unforgivable.'

On the other hand, your post comes across to me as if you have a very firm mindset on what you want and don't want/find appropriate and unappropriate and I find that admirable. Something I can recognize myself in.

I think we'd rather wait and see before the bullets are fired at the man before his wedding :D

Generally the only person who gives a 'speech' at a wedding is the officiant. I could see one of the Spencer realtives doing a scipture reading.

Generally the only person who gives a 'speech' at a wedding is the officiant. I could see one of the Spencer realtives doing a scipture reading.

And frankly, if one of the Spencer relatives gives a reading...what is the problem with that as long as William and Catherine agree.

I also hope the rumors of wedding performers, whether Elton John or some rock group, are just that- rumors!

I hope the only singers will be the Westminster Choir (who will do a superb job and be entirely appropriate).

Maybe he was asked to give a speech at the reception? I think Elton John was making a joke...hope so anyway. I think these are rumors and nothing more.

grevinnan said:
I understand Diana's brother requested she return the tiara as he wanted it for his wife. I see no reason for anyone to now request it for Catherine. The direct link to the Spencer's is unfortunately dead and Catherine is marrying in to the Windsor family. She will wear the tiara QEII decides she should wear, and I am certain it will not be an insignificant one. This is the Queens opportunity to show that the heirs are lined up for a very long time to come. The wedding is a very major event and the third in line for the throne may very well be born by the time she steps down or dies.

I agree she probably won't get that tiara, was just pointing out she is marrying a Spencer so someone can't say she isn't ( not you specifically)

But I agree with you, and really hope Earl Spencer is only a guest because I believe ( my opinion) that he is a attention hog and would try to make it about him/Diana not Will and Kate

I met earl Spencer once when I went to Althorp to visit Diana's grave. He is not a very friendly fellow by any stretch of the imagination. I also read that after Diana died the Spencers tried to sue to own the copyright of all Princess Diana memorabilia............. and lost. Talk about greedy. I hope he isn't even invited to the Royal wedding at all, but somehow I doubt it.:cool:

There is no need to rehash the Diana Chronicles in this thread or discuss the antics of Earl Spencer.

This year I will be married 30th years like Princess Diana might have been. I love sapphires and I am thinking of getting a stone for my engagement ring. So I went the the Natural Sapphire Company website and guess what they are selling - Ms. Middleton's engagement ring custom made to your type of gold and sapphire stone. It is really cool site if you love sapphire's like I do. :flowers:

Lots of news on facebook today:
WEDDING UPDATE 5 - Prince William and Miss Middleton have made the following decision about their wedding day on 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey:

- The Prince of Wales will give a private dinner, followed by dancing, at Buckingham Palace in the evening, for the couple and their close friends and family.The British Monarchy WEDDING UPDATE 4 - Prince William and Miss Middleton have made the following decision about their wedding day on 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey:

- On arrival at Buckingham Palace, The Queen will give a Reception for the couple and guests drawn from the congregation representing the couple’s official and private li...ves.
The British Monarchy WEDDING UPDATE 3 - Prince William and Miss Middleton have made the following decision about their wedding day on 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey:

- The couple, now married, will return along a Processional Route in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace. The route will include Parliament Square, Whitehall, Hor...se Guards Parade and The Mall.

• UPDATE 2 - Prince William and Miss Middleton have made the following decision about their wedding day on 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey:

- The wedding service will begin at 11am. The Dean of Westminster will conduct the service, the Archbishop of Canterbury will marry Prince William and Miss Middleton, an...d the Bishop of London will give the address.
  • The British Monarchy WEDDING UPDATE 1 - Prince William and Miss Middleton have made the following decisions about their wedding day on 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey:

- Miss Middleton will travel to the wedding service at Westminster Abbey by car along a route that will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament S...quare.

A CAR??? WHAT?? No carriage? Please Lord.... I hope this is just a rumour.........

A CAR??? WHAT?? No carriage? Please Lord.... I hope this is just a rumour.........

A car makes perfect sense.

Catherine will enter the Abbey via a car procession as a commoner marrying the heir heir's.

And after the marriage, both the Duke and Duchess of Whatnot will leave in a carriage.

But since when has a Royal Wedding had the Bride arrive in a car? Could this be because of the attack of Prince Charles and Camilla?

I was looking forward to the glass coach like Diana and Sarah had..........

I think Sophie arrived by car. I believe Princess Alexandria of Kent as well. Maybe Princess Margaret. I am sure someone can confirm or deny that.

Have to remember that it is a new day i.e. the heir heir's, the economy, trying to minimize security risks, etc.

oh, sorry to have to tell you this but these are posted on the British Monarchy facebook page and so should be somewhat official.

Royal wedding: route Kate Middleton will take to Westminster Abbey revealed - Telegraph

Royal wedding: route Kate Middleton will take to Westminster Abbey revealed

Details about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton have been released, including the route the bride will travel to Westminster Abbey.

I like this particular suggestions.......They are also keen on making the day a national celebration and a concert in Hyde Park to mark the occasion has been proposed.

Would be interesting to see who they performers would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom