The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

or something to that effect, the real letter is on my other computer..so I'll check it tomorrow and edit in anything I missed. Anyways I sent it off about 2 weeks after the engagement was announced and have yet to get anything...but I'm guessing it's due to increase of mail plus it's the holiday season
It's quite likely you wont recieve anything back for months yet.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

Oh how unfortunate it looks nothing like them, I would not want that circulating

Old 12-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Oh how unfortunate it looks nothing like them, I would not want that circulating
It is about as ugly as the coin for Victoria and Daniel's wedding. So C & W are in the best of company (Though I'm not sure if this is really a consolation for them.)
Honestly, is it so difficult to make a coin that looks like the people it supposed to picture? I certainly wouldn't buy this thing.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

I do not like this coin!
She looks like she has Mike Tindall' nose.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Commoner

It really doesnt look like them. I dont like it too.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Blugh, I find that coin absolutely not pretty to look at. Catherine looks 10 years older than she actually is and William looks like your average neighbourhood bad boy. Not a very succesful attempt
Old 12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No one looks good on coins not even Her Majesty.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Courtier

This is another picture of the coin (which is slightly different from the other one), but this one looks better, I think : The Commemorative Royal Wedding Coin Revealed! | PerezHilton.com
Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post
No doubt Kate shall surprise us on The Day. I know a lot of people will expect her to wear her hair up and yet I don't think she will because it simply isn't her way. She apparently feels it's more becoming down than up. Then again, she may wear it partially up with most of it down.
Yeah, I have a feeling that she'll wear it down. Although I hope she proves us wrong. For her big day, I think it would look much better up.

I like the dress Gucci sketched for Kate, and I could see her wearing something like this for the wedding. It seems to suit her style.

Frida Giannini of Gucci
Old 12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's an elegant dress, and I could see Kate in something like that.
However I am hoping for hair up and more sparkle.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
No one looks good on coins not even Her Majesty.
Not necessarily, some come out better than others.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

The problem with faces on coins usually is that to give detail to the facial features, they usually add lines etc to give depth & whatnot but then it just ends up looking like everyone is elderly & overly wrinkly or frowning instead. Lol.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I like the dress Gucci sketched for Kate, and I could see her wearing something like this for the wedding. It seems to suit her style.

Frida Giannini of Gucci

This is lovely- agree something like this is her style, but maybe more accent on the waist-
Old 12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Commoner

About the coin...

What a horrible thing! A stamp would have been better ...
Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Yeah, I have a feeling that she'll wear it down. Although I hope she proves us wrong. For her big day, I think it would look much better up.

Frida Giannini of Gucci
A little serious IMHO. The Valentino´s is great !
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
It's quite likely you wont recieve anything back for months yet.
I know,that's the sad thing but then again I can imagine how much mail they must have to go through everyday!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Commoner

It's fun to look for potential dress inspirations. This one is unique and with the wide sash sort of reminds me of the Issa dress she wore when the engagement was announced:

http://www.partypop.com/Forums/images/406414.jpg
Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Frida Giannini of Gucci
I don't care for that dress for the wedding. Although the design is elegant, it looks like something to be worn on the red carpet at an award ceremony rather than a Royal wedding in a huge Cathedral.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:27 PM

New website curating news on Kate and Prince William

Check out this new website: Curation Station
Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephpaige
It's fun to look for potential dress inspirations. This one is unique and with the wide sash sort of reminds me of the Issa dress she wore when the engagement was announced:

http://www.partypop.com/Forums/images/406414.jpg
Oh that's nice too! Hopefully she would go this grand but I am not sure she will....

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding