The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
^Seems so, I'm reading Sarah's book right now it's really interesting.I love the little details about the wedding reception and such. Apparently it's held at the State Dining Room at BP and they don't give speeches she says well she uses the word "toasts" but I think of it as the same thing. Also does anyone know when the stations will announce their plans for covering the wedding?
That's generally what they're called here in the US. The best man always gives a toast, sometimes the maid/matron of honor, sometimes the father or a close male relative of the bride, also sometimes a close male relative of the groom as well. It depends on the size and scope of the wedding, of course, but more than a few best men I've known have agonized over their wedding toast.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

^Seems the BRF's don't have to worry bout that! No wonder we never got any of the speeches released cause there were none! Seems kinda boring now that I think of it and I don't think they have any room in the State Dining Room so I doubt there's a first dance either...So I'm guessing it goes something like.. Arrive at BP take the photos, do the balcony appearance, go to the dining room,eat, cut the cake run upstairs change into your honeymoon outfit and leave.Well then Autumn and Peter's wedding reception at Frogmore looked alot more entertaining then what Sarah described but that could also be due to the fact it was at night and the due to the location.

Ingrid Stewart was on ET tonight she said Kate is getting NO royal training that there is no such thing as a princess school..she also said they spent the weekend together in Wales. She also said the Queen will be throwing a ball 2 days before the wedding.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Ingrid Stewart was on ET tonight she said Kate is getting NO royal training that there is no such thing as a princess school..she also said they spent the weekend together in Wales. She also said the Queen will be throwing a ball 2 days before the wedding.
If the Queen really is throwing a ball 2 days before the wedding the that means we'll get to see tiara's, dresses & jewels!!! Yay! I can't wait!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm afraid I don't consider Ingrid to be an authority on this point. She doesn't know what goes on behind closed doors. Anyway, Kate is living with someone who can give her princess classes.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I'm afraid I don't consider Ingrid to be an authority on this point. She doesn't know what goes on behind closed doors. Anyway, Kate is living with someone who can give her princess classes.
Saying it like that makes me think of The Princess Diaries
Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
If the Queen really is throwing a ball 2 days before the wedding the that means we'll get to see tiara's, dresses & jewels!!! Yay! I can't wait!
Depends if it's an white tie Ball. The Ball for her Golden Wedding was black tie. And we not see much pics. Probably one or 2 released from inside and the foreign Royals when the either leave their Hotels or in the Cars. Like at Charles 60th birthday.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Majesty

If the government is graciously giving a day off the least the BRF can do is show how to do a State Wedding with style, and if the Queen is indeed giving a pre-wedding Ball I think she is wise enough to know that in this age of instant visuals "Her" subjects are going to want to see just how much bang they are getting for their buck, even they are only paying the security bill.

In my wildest imaginings we will see the guests in White Tie and Tiara's at the Ball, and maybe Kate's first Tiara, although she won't luck out like Mary she could still look fabulous as, ever frugal, she could be the lucky recipient of something from the mythical vault as appropriate to her and the Delhi Durbar is for Camilla!

I know that if dreams had wings I could fly but I'm willing to dream that it isn't pigs that are flying!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If the government is graciously giving a day off the least the BRF can do is show how to do a State Wedding with style, and if the Queen is indeed giving a pre-wedding Ball I think she is wise enough to know that in this age of instant visuals "Her" subjects are going to want to see just how much bang they are getting for their buck, even they are only paying the security bill.

In my wildest imaginings we will see the guests in White Tie and Tiara's at the Ball, and maybe Kate's first Tiara, although she won't luck out like Mary she could still look fabulous as, ever frugal, she could be the lucky recipient of something from the mythical vault as appropriate to her and the Delhi Durbar is for Camilla!

I know that if dreams had wings I could fly but I'm willing to dream that it isn't pigs that are flying!
I don't see Kate being given a tiara to wear at a ball before the wedding. She isn't a member of the Royalty family yet and doesn't come into the family with a title and tiara of her own. I also don't see a formal tiara event since that would put Kate at a disadvantage for the same reasons.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I don't see Kate being given a tiara to wear at a ball before the wedding. She isn't a member of the Royalty family yet and doesn't come into the family with a title and tiara of her own. I also don't see a formal tiara event since that would put Kate at a disadvantage for the same reasons.
I agree that we are unlikely to see Kate in a tiara before the wedding. Also, HM will not be keen to have a high profile ball, and I suspect it will not be a tiara event, just as the ball celebrating HMs jubilee was not.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Interesting, because I remember that Diana was said to be living with the Queen Mother before the wedding to be trained in royal protocol, or some such.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Nobility

According to Steven Barry who was Charles' equerry at the time, Di was living in BP and bored a good deal of the time. She only went to Clarence house the night before the wedding so she could leave from there.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

I don't remember seeing any pictures of the other balls before the weddings.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Depends if we see the ball at all or if it's private.

Were there other balls, or did we not know about that?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Has Kate Middleton chosen her wedding dress designer? Bookies close bets as 'all the money was on Bruce Oldfield' | Mail Online

Quote:
Since Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton, the subject of her wedding dress has been a hot topic. Will it be Brazilian-born Issa designer Daniella Helayel? Or perhaps classic bridal label Phillipa Lepley?
Now bookmakers have received the strongest indication yet that a designer for the gown has been chosen.

Paddy Power has received so many wagers on Bruce Oldfield to design the Royal wedding dress, it has suspended betting.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Gentry

I was just reading this! While of course its not confirmed, it does seem to be a strong indication, don't you think??

Other than hearing all of the speculative comments about him being one of Diana's favorite designers, I think Oldfield is a good choice. He's got enough experience to understand what is needed and what is appropriate, but he's also got a wonderful eye for what suits a woman's shape. I liked several things in Philippa Lepley's portolio that I think would suit Catherine, but the thought of someone so young designing a dress of this magnitude made me uneasy. I think Oldfield's age and experience bodes well for the entire wedding party.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Commoner

Kate would look lovely in any designer's gown, but I do hope the Bruce Oldfield rumors are correct. His talent is undeniable and it would be an additional tribute to Diana.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I also don't see a formal tiara event since that would put Kate at a disadvantage for the same reasons.
Two days later she will become an HRH and a future Queen. I really don't think Kate would give a hoot if she wasn't wearing a tiara for the ball, but surely someone will lend her one for the night.

ETA I've been thinking about this since I originally posted and have decided that since Kate isn't from an aristocratic family which has its own tiara, it would be better if she didn't wear one for the ball. If she's proud of who she is, and I believe she is, she will want to present herself as she is, and not wearing someone else's borrowed doodad.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Commoner

Roslyn -

I had the same thought about the tiara - I don't think Catherine cares about the wearing of someone else's "doodad". I even have the feeling that she might forego the tiara at the wedding and instead stick to some beautiful antique pins in her hair (along with some fresh gardenia and antique veil). I'm probably way off base but I thought it would be a signal that this is the new modern monarchy.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContessaII View Post
Roslyn -

I had the same thought about the tiara - I don't think Catherine cares about the wearing of someone else's "doodad". I even have the feeling that she might forego the tiara at the wedding and instead stick to some beautiful antique pins in her hair (along with some fresh gardenia and antique veil). I'm probably way off base but I thought it would be a signal that this is the new modern monarchy.

Hmmm, that is something I don't hope for. As modern as monarchy has become, this is one 'old-fashioned' thing I would love to see.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContessaII View Post
Roslyn -

I truly hope Kate will wear a tiara. I just saw on ET (Entertainment Tonight) that Snoop Dog wrote a rap song in honor of William and Kate and that he was asked to perform for the royal family. Didn't know Wills was into Rap.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding