The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate will more than likely go with a British designer, not a European couture house.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Majesty

The piece from Zadok the Priest is well-known as a coronation anthem. Even if the words aren't sung, everyone would be mentally singing to themselves, "May the King Live Forever!" Handel wrote quite a bit of regal-sounding music. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing one of his works as a processional piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Maybe she can walk down the aisle to Zadok the Priest like Mary? Or is that reserved for coronations only?

I just love that music because it's so regal and really screams royal.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Why would Kate have bridesmaids she doesn't even know? Is Kate even on familiar terms with the Spencers? Just because she's marrying someone whose mother was a Spencer doesn't mean any member of their family must be in her bridal party.
I guess because it is not just "Kate" who is getting married and William does more the "know" his cousins!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I understand that, but it's her bridal party. If the bride includes members of the groom's family in her party, it's because she's close with them. Aside from her own sister Pippa, I don't know who from William's family who is in her age group she could have has a bridesmaid. I don't see the point putting people in your bridal party that you barely know just because they're in the guy's family.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Anne's daughter is in the same age group as Prince William and Kate isn't she?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I understand that, but it's her bridal party. If the bride includes members of the groom's family in her party, it's because she's close with them. Aside from her own sister Pippa, I don't know who from William's family who is in her age group she could have has a bridesmaid. I don't see the point putting people in your bridal party that you barely know just because they're in the guy's family.

You might be surprised but a lot of people include the sister or cousin of the groom in their party as a show of joining of the families.

I had met my sister-in-law on three occasions before the engagement and on two occasions from engagement to wedding but was one of her bridesmaids, along with two of her six sisters. Why - because she wanted to include her husband to be's family as part of her own.

Most weddings I have attended have seen the same thing - a sister of the groom or a cousin included amongst the multiple bridesmaids - if only one bridesmaid that is different.

This wedding is more than a simple personal wedding though and a show of unity of the families through the wedding parties wouldn't surprise me at all, particularly including a Spencer girl (and there is one that is supposed to look a lot like Diana - Kitty I think) would include Diana's family and William certainly wants that acknowledgement on the day and throughout their marriage I think.

If she was to only have one or two bridesmaids then no she wouldn't have these sorts of people but if she is to have the 6 or 8 that Diana had then I would expect a Spencer as one of them as a sign to William that his mother's family are now part of her extended family - and a sign to the rest of the world that the Spencers are part of the family as well.

If there was a male Spencer cousin that was old enough to be a supporter for William then I wouldn't be suggesting this idea.

The following article even suggests Kitty as one of the bridesmaids, along with Margarita Armstrong-Jones.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-bridesmaid.do

The Express says the same thing:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ids-in-waiting
Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Administrator

That is true...the bridal party more often than not is a combination of friends and families on both sides. If a groom has a sister more than likely that sister might be a bridesmaid in her brother's wedding. And vice versa.

Personally, I can't imagine any of the Spencer girls being in the bridal party maybe if they had young kids...but I don't believe any of them do. I am not sure if there are ushers in the royal weddings, but I can certainly imagine Louis, Viscount Althrop doing something if that was the case.

I definitely think they will be out in full force at the wedding but not so sure about them participating.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

What about Diana's sister's children? They would probably be in the same age group as Prince William and Kate.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
What about Diana's sister's children? They would probably be in the same age group as Prince William and Kate.
Well Baroness Jane has Laura, Alexander and Eleanor.
Lady Sarah has Emily Jane, George, and Cecila Rose. The children of Lady Sarah and Baroness Jane are about the same age as William and Kate, give or take a couple of years. The Earl Spencer's oldest Kitty is 19, then the twins Amelia and Eliza and Louis who is 16. His two youngest are from his 2nd marriage, and they are Edmund who is 7 and Lara who is 4.

So actually, I could possibly see Edmund and/or Lara in the wedding except for the diatribe that Charles did at Diana's wedding. But then again, why should parents pay for the "sins" of the parent.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now, I think this sound like it would be high scale wedding and I mean in publicity even more than Victoria, I think even Monaco's pass at second place now!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
Well, that is good to know that eventhough they aren't together alot. They are still family & won't be excluded because they aren't part of THE FIRM.
THE FIRM, to my knowledge, has never excluded the Spencers from seeing William and Harry. And, to my knowlege, Earl Spencer, after his scathing attack on THE FIRM at Diana's funeral, has never really pursued either William or Harry to "let their voices sing like Diana intended" (or whatever rot he spewed from the pulpit) by spending a lot of time with either of them.
In fact, I'm rather happy he didn't as he had a lot of muck on his own plate to take care of that he was party to.
I'm sure they will be invited and all will have a lovely time.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm the BRF & Spencer's have buried the hatchet by now.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Serene Highness

The hatchet might be still in their backs. I'm not up to date on the Spencer-Windsor thing but I think William was horrified (as the rest of the BRF) on the speech Earl Spencer gave at Diana's funeral. IMO, I think they MIGHT be invited to the wedding breakfast, not the wedding. And they deserve it.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
The hatchet might be still in their backs. I'm not up to date on the Spencer-Windsor thing but I think William was horrified (as the rest of the BRF) on the speech Earl Spencer gave at Diana's funeral. IMO, I think they MIGHT be invited to the wedding breakfast, not the wedding. And they deserve it.
Well considering William and Harry invited Earl Spencer to the memorial service they organised for Diana as well as the Concert for Diana, I think it's a safe bet he and his children will be at the wedding and receptions.

British royal weddings don't tend to have adult bridesmaids, so it is far more likely that the assorted children in William and Kate's family and friendship group will be part of the bridal party. God-children, young cousins rather than the adult ones.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Spencers have been at both William and Harry's 21st birthdays and the opening of the drain thing for Diana in Kensington Gardens along with other things.

William and Harry applauded Earl Spencer's speech at the funeral so I don't think they were as upset by it as others. Of course they might have been caught up in the moment and think differently in the cold light of day but the only evidence we have is their actions on the day - applause.

I would be very surprised if the Spencers aren't there in force and to the forefront as much as possible, as if Diana was still alive.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I have 2 questions first off when do you think they'll announce the time the wedding will take place I'm sure once that's announced the channels who will be carrying the wedding can start organizing their coverage. Second do the BRF typically have their own photographer for their weddings. I mean obv the general public usually gets a good amount of photos from different agencies who attended the wedding but do the couple themselves have a private album of which the public obviously don't see or do we have any info if they do, sorry for asking such stupid questions but I'm just curious
Old 11-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Serene Highness

They do have their own photographer and I'm sure like any other couple they have their own private photos. I think that the photographer that will shoot the formal engagement photos is the official photographer for the wedding as well.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
They do have their own photographer and I'm sure like any other couple they have their own private photos. I think that the photographer that will shoot the formal engagement photos is the official photographer for the wedding as well.
I'd take a guess that, if a formal engagement picture is taken, it will be Mario Testino.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Majesty

I was thinking when I was reading all the posts about prospective Bridesmaids and Flower Girls, etc. Their is no reason she can't be like Mary and Victoria, both of whom chose to go against the established mould. For Mary no really small children and for Victoria not adult Bridesmaids or Maid of Honour.

Whatever she chooses will be a surprise to us for more than a few reasons I think.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Commoner

She will have royal children as attendants. No adults. Bet my bottom dollar on it!

It was lovely seeing all the royal children in Victoria's wedding.

In America we have maids of honor and bridesmaids who are friends and sisters of the bride and groom, so many people [particularly Americans] will automatically think that's what Catherine will have.

I suspect this topic will keep airing itself again and again. But we really should be asking which British royal or high ranking titled families have children that could be used? I remember the Earl of Mountbattan's family in Diana's. Wasn't India the oldest attendant?

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding