The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The wedding starts like 3am my time so I'm thinking about just staying up, but I'm going to be so tired the next day!

The question is should I watch it online or on tv? Or both?

Old 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
Just to nit-pick a bit, don't you mean that Catherine's coat-of-arm will include Prince William's coat-of-arm, rather than the other way around? That is, Prince William's coat-of-arm will be left alone, and Catherine would get her own coat-of-arm which merge both Middleton family AND Prince William's coat-of-arm.

Right now it's just the Middelton family that has a new coat-of-arm, that can be used by anyone in the family....but once Catherine marry Prince William, she'd probably get her own coat-of-arm with both families in it.

That's what I said. Her coat of arms will include both hers and William's.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
The wedding starts like 3am my time so I'm thinking about just staying up, but I'm going to be so tired the next day!

Both! Or, record the TV version and watch online.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

All I know is that I'm going to be a zombie from lack of sleep after this. But how often does such an occasion come around? The last time was for Diana's funeral, and that was so sad.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I'm doing that too! I'm doing an all nighter with mom. Boy am I going to regret it by 9am
Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm doing that too! I'm doing an all nighter with mom. Boy am I going to regret it by 9am
Why stay up all night into the next day? I am planning a royal wedding sleepover, but we are all planning on crashing at 10-11:00 at night so we can get up at 4:00a.m. brunch will be served after the wedding.............
Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Am I the only one who still can't believe this wedding is happening? I mean, how many years have we spent here speculating about whether they'll get engaged, if they're still dating.....all that jazz?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Am I the only one who still can't believe this wedding is happening? I mean, how many years have we spent here speculating about whether they'll get engaged, if they're still dating.....all that jazz?
Unfortunately,I've joined this community recently,but I've always been pretty sure they would marry one day,I mean in the depth of my mind it was this thought .
Though,must agree,feeling like it's unbelievable,it will be one of the greatest wedding of the new century.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I agree, it does seems a little unreal at the moment. I don't think it'll hit me until after they actually walk out of the church.

According to royal photographer Arthur Edwards, William said he wants his marriage to Kate to last forever.

Love and marriage: What William told royal photographer - CNN.com
Old 04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

The wedding will be broadcasted live on You Tube.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Aristocracy

seems t moblie has wedding fever too

Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Heere at home every eletronic gadget will be used only if wedding related :P. Since my mother doesn't speak english she will probably wanna watch it in a Brazilian channel, so I'll catch CNN or BBC via streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Definetly not! count me in as well
I have follow the BRF for a long time (way before I first came here) but their wedding really made me crave for informations and talks among other afficionatos, like me.
Everytime I go to People magazine' site and I see their coundtdown I keep remebering the time I though it would never happen! All those wedding annoucement that never came to be. And now to actually have a date set and a not far away one.... !

ps: I've to admit something. Yesterday I went out on the way back home saw a store selling The Ring. YesI did it, coudn't resist! Don't think will wear it much , but it was cheap, so.....
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I agree, it does seems a little unreal at the moment. I don't think it'll hit me until after they actually walk out of the church.

According to royal photographer Arthur Edwards, William said he wants his marriage to Kate to last forever.

Love and marriage: What William told royal photographer - CNN.com
This is so lovely! Arthur always makes me teary! He said he would wait William's wedding to retire. Let's hope he waits a bit more
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:

It's going to be good to have both options! 15 minutes before the wedding of the Earl and Countess of Wessex began, my cable went out. Luckily, I managed to get reception as Sophie was walking down the aisle, but the picture was rather fuzzy.

And barring any technical glitches, the final launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour will be on the afternoon of the 29th. Looks like I'm getting up at 2 AM local time to watch the start of wedding coverage and then staying up in the afternoon to watch the shuttle launch attempt. I'll be on spring break, thank goodness, but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in time for a nap!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's an article in the Telegraph about hat designer Philip Treacy that says:

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a fabulous feathered headpiece designed by Treacy on her wedding day to Prince Charles. So it was natural that she should have recommended the milliner to Kate Middleton , who is said to have commissioned him to make hats for the bridal party. Treacy has a shop in Belgravia but it would be impossible to do fittings with the likes of the Duchess of Cornwall there - in the centre of London he'd never be able to keep the creations under his, er, hat - so the great and the good have been flocking to his studio since receiving their gold-embossed invites to the wedding.

The bridal party will wear hats?
I thought they'd wear flowers, or perhaps ribbons in their hair; I really cannot imagine them in hats!

What does everyone else think?
I think everyone needs to calm down! LOL A "hat" is not necessarily a "hat." Think of it as anything that sits on the head. It can be made of flowers, gold, silver, ermine, string....you get my drift?

I have been to weddings where the brides attendants wore hats.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I can't imagine how nervous Kate will be that morning. I think I would throw up about 10x knowing I was going to be married in front of millions of people.
I hope it's a comfort to them both to know that everyone watching wants them to pull it off well and that we are only going to be thinking how lovely the bride is, how princely the groom is, and how we enjoy all the celebration!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

I'm still despondent over the measly 10' train
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Nobility

So, so funny! Best thing i've seen for ages; i wouldn't mind betting the Royals involved have a laugh too.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

There's no need to be despondent over something that isn't even fact. No one is going to know squat about this dress until the first time we see it, and/or information about the dress is given out before the wedding. I take everything I read in the press about this wedding with a grain of salt, and you'd be wise to do the same.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, it is unwise to just add a train of any length to any design. The train has to suit and integrate with the gown's design and should take into consideration where the wedding will be held. I do hope Kate listens to her designer and doesn't show up in a close fitting, fish-tail design with a 20 ft. train.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding