The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
I was kind of looking forward to Sarah, Duchess of York being a commentator. Now she, would have some insight on how it is all done.... Oh well.
I think if Sarah became a commentator, that particular network would find many doors slammed shut, rather than pried open a tiny bit!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

So who is actually watching this live? I was planning too but I have a school trip and all my friends are going and I can't get a refund so I'll catch a glimpse of Catherine most likely getting ready that morning and when I come back that evening have to sift through a 300 page thread on the wedding lol!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Aristocracy

I'll be watching live since we got the day off for it & all. Then my street is holding a street party in afternoon so will probably go mingle with the neighbours for a bit.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Nobility

After all, it looks like I am also infected a little bit with the wedding virus
Reading about the potential designer of the wedding dress, I thought about if I have ever seen Catherine/Kate in evening gowns - as this might be a hint for the style she is looking for.
This is what I found:
http://cdn.babble.com/family-style/w...iddleton-1.jpg
http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-conten...sa%20dress.jpg

So this is what me might see - or something completely different.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

I am looking for a job, and if I get one, doubt very much I could get that day off. But if I'm not working I will be up at the crack of dawn!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas
After all, it looks like I am also infected a little bit with the wedding virus
Reading about the potential designer of the wedding dress, I thought about if I have ever seen Catherine/Kate in evening gowns - as this might be a hint for the style she is looking for.
This is what I found:
http://cdn.babble.com/family-style/w...iddleton-1.jpg
http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-conten...sa%20dress.jpg

So this is what me might see - or something completely different.
Maybe bit like this with the calling attention to her tiny waist but I think since it's in the Abbey the dress may be a bit more 'traditional' and less skin.... But lovely pics! Love the BCBG dress (the blue one)!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure how this works but can someone tell me exactly how much of the wedding the public will be able to see?? I know we'll be able to see the arrivals and the ceremony...but will cameras be allowed into the reception?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Based on previous British weddings....Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah, Charles/Camilla, and Sophie/Edward we saw the entire ceremony. Well, with the exception of Charles and Camilla's civil ceremony as we did see their blessing.

After Charles/Diana and Sarah/Andrew arrived at BP, we saw the balcony scene and that was it. No reception arrivals, speeches, nada. I do recall some photos that came out after the ceremony but it was when the pictures were being taken...again no reception shots.

I think that's why the Swedish wedding was such a shock (at least to me) being a part of the actual reception.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
So who is actually watching this live? I was planning too but I have a school trip and all my friends are going and I can't get a refund so I'll catch a glimpse of Catherine most likely getting ready that morning and when I come back that evening have to sift through a 300 page thread on the wedding lol!
I told Mr. Russo that I was going to pull an all nighter to watch it and he looked at me like I was a nutter. Oh well, it doesn't interfere with the NFL draft so all is good.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile
I told Mr. Russo that I was going to pull an all nighter to watch it and he looked at me like I was a nutter. Oh well, it doesn't interfere with the NFL draft so all is good.
The people at work think I am nuts for taking off a day without pay just to watch :) but it's worth it to me!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Based on previous British weddings....Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah, Charles/Camilla, and Sophie/Edward we saw the entire ceremony. Well, with the exception of Charles and Camilla's civil ceremony as we did see their blessing.

After Charles/Diana and Sarah/Andrew arrived at BP, we saw the balcony scene and that was it. No reception arrivals, speeches, nada. I do recall some photos that came out after the ceremony but it was when the pictures were being taken...again no reception shots.

I think that's why the Swedish wedding was such a shock (at least to me) being a part of the actual reception.
Thanks Zonk
The Swedish wedding has got me spoiled I see. I was definitely expecting the cameras to go far into the reception.

Now I'm rethinking staying up all night. If the arrivals, ceremony and balcony is all we'll see I may as well record it and watch later on that night. What shall I do...
Old 04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ

The people at work think I am nuts for taking off a day without pay just to watch :) but it's worth it to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile
Sadly I have no one who'll even watch it with me. My family, friends and even acquaintances think I'm nuts, but that's okay, they don't know what they're missing. I guess if I decide to stay up I'll curl up with a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa and watch it all by myself.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Gentry

I'll be watching with Mother. Up for the 4 am start too!LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals
Old 04-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Nobility

I'll be watching it with a dozen of friends. It Begins (in Paris) at 12h00. So we have a sandwich party. Our husbands will be at work because it's friday. But we all took a day off (yes yes) or a RTT (something nice in France, you are allowed to have a day and a half off each month because we work more than the new law put in place some years ago authorised, so it's to compensate). I'm going to be so excited from now. On the french channel CANAL + they spoke nearly each day of the impending wedding in some fantasy and comics at the evening. It's fun. My sister and brother in law leaves in London (at Napier Place). They plan to go to the Mall with some friends and collegues the 29th. I'm so jealous.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Majesty

I'm hoping to catch a live stream of this event on the Internet, and therefore will be up at three-thirty (just to be safe). I don't think anyone will watch this with me, though my next-door neighbors are from England, I doubt they'll be up that early to watch anything, even if it's the wedding of the second-in-line to the British throne.

Do my friends/acquaintances think I'm insane? Oh, absolutely! But it has more to do with the fact that I'm a history buff and a nerd in general. You'd think they'd be used to my strangeness by now, but it doesn't appear to that way.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
My sister and brother in law leaves in London (at Napier Place). They plan to go to the Mall with some friends and collegues the 29th. I'm so jealous.
One of my high school friends is in London till next year. so I understand your feelings :) . I gently suggested that she would be able to catch a glimpse of the whole BRF. As any good tourist she now wants to witness the whole thing.

Here I have some friends who will watch it, but since it's so early, each will do it at their own home! once her dress is reveal I'm sure there will be a few calls to discuss it :). At home just me and mom, and of course I'l be online here sharing every detail with everyone.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Mr. Remote here knows I am going to be glued to the TV and the internet for this wedding. Its gotten to the point now where he'll point out to me blips about the wedding on the news and has even programmed in wedding specials so that I won't miss them. Bless his little channel flipping heart! I don't know if he'll be watching the wedding with me but it would be nice.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Nobility

I am off that day:)

I will set my alarm promptly..and HRH to be- I suspect will have a gown of simplicity, and sleekness...less is more..wonder about her headpiece?

She will look smashing no matter ..
Old 04-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20477626

Catherine Middleton and Prince William inspire a cocktail
Old 04-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Thanks Zonk
The Swedish wedding has got me spoiled I see. I was definitely expecting the cameras to go far into the reception.

Now I'm rethinking staying up all night. If the arrivals, ceremony and balcony is all we'll see I may as well record it and watch later on that night. What shall I do...
I'm still holding onto a small glimmer of hope that they might break with tradition and release one photo from the reception. I'm sure if anything we will eventually hear bits and pieces of what it was like. Plus with the twitter age it wouldn't surprise me if someone managed to get something from the reception. All previous Royal Wedding except Charles and Camilla's weren't in the advanced technology age we are now hence why nothing ever leaked out. Though Sarah did say no one remembered to bring a camera to the reception and with Diana's Lord Lichfield was SUPPOSED to be there but BP made him go develop the official photos while the wedding breakfast was happening so he missed it and spent his time at the lab. Something to do with he said they wanted them out in time for the 6 o'clock news. With Sophie and Edward though we did get one photo of them leaving their reception I believe I posted it in their wedding thread.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding