The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I know we considered that William will not wear a historical RAF uniform like that worn by George VI; we thought it might look like a costume.

But I came across this: Full dress is now rarely worn except by the Foot Guards and the Household Cavalry. It is issued at public expense to these units; other units may obtain and wear Full Dress (in their pre-1914 pattern if no modern order is prescribed) for use in historical displays, when acting as ushers or lining parties at weddings, and when acting as a sword guard to the Royal Horse Artillery.[2] However, these uniforms must be purchased and maintained from non-public funds.

So, does this mean that William may wear a uniform modeled on his great-grandfather's? I hope so!
Will prince Harry also be in uniform or just wearing a suit?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson
Royal Wedding: Diana's friend Sarah, Duchess of York is not invited by Prince William - Telegraph

Sarah, Duchess of York, who was close to Prince William's mother Diana, Princess of Wales, has been left off the guest list for his marriage to Kate Middleton.

“She will not be attending the wedding,” confirms a spokesman for the former wife of the Duke of York. “She never expected to be invited or to attend. She will be overseas at the time.”
I'm so surprised by this.
Will and Fergie must not have good relationship then. She is part of the family still regardless of the divorce. I wonder if she backed out on her own.

Does anyone know if Camilla's kids are invited??

Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Will and Fergie must not have good relationship then. She is part of the family still regardless of the divorce. I wonder if she backed out on her own.

If this article is true, then Will and Fergie aren't close.
Sarah Ferguson off guest list for royal wedding | The Sun |News

Camilla's daughter is definitely invited because her daughter, Eliza, is a bridesmaid. I would assume Camilla's son is as well.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

A wedding gift from Africa: How many cows the royal bride is worth

South African tradition dictates a groom give his fiance’s family symbolic payment for her hand in marriage. This payment is called the bride’s labola, and traditionally, the payment comes in cows.
A South African discount airline, Kulula, is offering to pay Kate Middleton a labola.
If the Middleton family accepts, the corporation will deliver cows to Buckingham palace.
There is one catch— fans will decide via Facebook how many cows the royal bride is worth. - Times Live
Cows may gatecrash the royal wedding
South Africa airline to offer cows for royal wedding
Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I don't know why anyone would assume they did. Sarah has not been a member of the Royal Family for 19 years, and it was widely known that her relationship with Diana had disintegrated and they hadn't been on speaking terms since before Diana's death. She admits herself that she hasn't been a part of William or Harry's lives since they were children.

I would have been more surprised if they had invited her.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Majesty

the official pictures of the royal wedding will be taken by hugo burnand apparently

El Príncipe Guillermo y Kate ya tienen fotógrafo para su boda - 2834361 - EcoDiario.es
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Nobility

I think it's perfectly normal they dont invite Sarah. They didnt speak to each other for 15 years (in the telegraph today). So if it was you, or me, or anybody else, whould you invite somebody you didnt see and speak for 15 years. probably not! she was diana's friend and so what, it's not diana's wedding!!! where do you see that you invite at your wedding your mother's friend? I'm sure william and kate have each one plenty of relatives or friend or people they care for and they could not invite because of space or protocole, so why invite somebody you dont care for?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Administrator

I would agree that it doesn't make sense to invite someone you don't have a relationship with.

I disagree with the statement of your mother's friend. My girlfriend's destination wedding was attended by many of her late mother's girlfriends who wanted to share the day with my girlfriend. They all came to Aruba via Philadelphia, PA.

In regards to William not caring for Sarah, I wouldn't make such a statement without proof. Do you know what William thinks? I think Sarah not attending the wedding has more to do with the fact that even with 1800 attendees, there are people who rank a little higher on the important list (as opposed to family, friends, VIP's) than Sarah.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

It will be interesting to see what everyone wears to the wedding!
I read somewhere that the Queen chooses a color, and then the rest of the royal ladies must avoid that color, and wear something else.

(I read somewhere that the Queen plans to wear pink, but that may just be a rumor).
Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It will be interesting to see what everyone wears to the wedding!
I read somewhere that the Queen chooses a color, and then the rest of the royal ladies must avoid that color, and wear something else.

(I read somewhere that the Queen plans to wear pink, but that may just be a rumor).
To the first Weddings of her children she always wore a shade of blue (in Edwrds case lavender). perhaps she contnues this tradition.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Last year they said that commoners would be invited.

Commoners May Attend The Royal Wedding of William and Kate

Does anyone know how did they select ordinary people?
Old 02-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Pictures of wedding invitation

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 02-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
Last year they said that commoners would be invited.

Commoners May Attend The Royal Wedding of William and Kate

Does anyone know how did they select ordinary people?
The article, which is hardly reliable says;

Quote:
The palace has dismissed allegations that a Willy Wonka-style lottery will be held to ascribe the coveted invitations for the great event to the commoners.
Sources told People magazine that it is more likely that the commoners that could attend the wedding will be coming from the charities the two are close to.
So IF they do invite these people, it won't be commoners it will be people who know the couple and are participants of chosen charities.
I haven't seen any other articles other than this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Pictures of wedding invitation

BelgaPicture - Category details
Royally boring.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Nobility

Discusses who received invites. Royal Wedding Invitations Sent To 1,900 Guests

Quote:
Gilded invitations issued in the name of Queen Elizabeth II were mailed earlier in the week, and more than half the guests were drawn from the royal couple's family and friends, palace officials said.

Around 50 members of the British royal family were invited -- although the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, was not among them -- in addition to 40 members of foreign royal families.

A further 80 guests will be drawn from Prince William's philanthropic commitments, which include homelessness charity Centrepoint and the Royal Marsden Hospital, where his late mother Princess Diana was also a patron.

The host of British and foreign dignitaries on the list reflects Prince William's position as second-in-line to the throne, and though it is not a state event, 200 members of government, parliament and the diplomatic corps, as well as 60 governors-general and prime ministers from Commonwealth countries were expected to attend.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Discusses who received invites. Royal Wedding Invitations Sent To 1,900 Guests
From which sources could we know precisely the guest names?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
From which sources could we know precisely the guest names?
We won't know until people start confirming they are attending, even then we won't know 100% until the day.

Maybe Kate should have popped over to make life easier?
Hundreds of brides-to-be try on discount dresses in store free-for-all | Mail Online
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Nobility

All of these showbiz tabloid writers are claiming that they received an invite to the wedding on Twitter. That seems really strange, and I'm guessing that they're making it all up. For those who watch these events, would this be normal or bizarre for the BRF?

Examples from Twitter:

danwootton (Showbiz Editor of the News of the World): Just received my invite to the royal wedding. How exciting.

(Regarding Wootton's invite) TVKev: @drinkdevil40 He didn't get one. And believe me ...I am no royalist.

TVKev (Sunday Mirror's TV columnist): Just received my invitation to the royal wedding. How unexciting. They can shove it. #vivelerepublic

Ed_StarOnSunday: You'll never guess who has been invited to the royal wedding! @JAMESINREHAB (Edit the Rehab showbiz column on the Daily Star Sunday) is very pleased indeed. All the goss in tomorrow
Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I would imagine so as Laura's daughter is to be one of the bridesmaids in the wedding. I don't think they'd invite Laura and not Tom.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Both of Camilla's children will be invited. They are, after all, William's step brother and step sister. Both William and Harry attended their weddings. And Laura's daughter is a going to a bridesmaid. Bad taste to ask your daughter to a bridesmaid and not invite the mother. Which I don't believe to be the case.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
All of these showbiz tabloid writers are claiming that they received an invite to the wedding on Twitter. That seems really strange, and I'm guessing that they're making it all up. For those who watch these events, would this be normal or bizarre for the BRF?

Examples from Twitter:

danwootton (Showbiz Editor of the News of the World): Just received my invite to the royal wedding. How exciting.

(Regarding Wootton's invite) TVKev: @drinkdevil40 He didn't get one. And believe me ...I am no royalist.

TVKev (Sunday Mirror's TV columnist): Just received my invitation to the royal wedding. How unexciting. They can shove it. #vivelerepublic

Ed_StarOnSunday: You'll never guess who has been invited to the royal wedding! @JAMESINREHAB (Edit the Rehab showbiz column on the Daily Star Sunday) is very pleased indeed. All the goss in tomorrow
If you ask me, it's rather a case of illusion and dreaming on. Except, of course, for TVKev

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding