Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ghost_night554 said:
So fruitcake hmm interesting never tried it. My dad and mom both have and verdict is mom hates it dad doesn't mind it. I'd much prefer the chocolate cake though. If I was a guest I know which one I'd go for.

ETA: so I watched the TLC special tonight(first off I have to say I'm sorry but I can't upload it or atleast not right now I'm WAY too busy with school, maybe later..) but we got to see inside BP and it was cool to finally see how the wedding breakfast/reception will look like. In all honestly it's MUCH bigger then it looks in the pictures.

I saw the programme as well but I wasn't very impressed. Like many of these supposedly news based pieces, there was very little content and lots of silly music and 'highlights to come' coupled with repetitious intros.
The shots of BP were very nice.
But few if any if the people they spoke with really had solid facts or were directly involved.
Nothing to cry about if you missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

Well, I always thought fruitcake was GROOM'S cake. My wedding cake was a white cake with white and blue buttercream frosting...YUMMO!

U.K. Royal Wedding Threatened By Anarchists
LONDON -- Scotland Yard is bracing to fend off possible security threats to the royal wedding from groups that range from terrorists to anti-monarchists.
The announcement Monday came only days after a peaceful demonstration Saturday against government spending cuts was disrupted by violence. Police made more than 200 arrests as the march drew 250,000 people to London, the largest protest in Britain since the Iraq war.

We had an Italian Cream cake for the brides cake, (main cake) with fresh flowers all over it. The grooms cake was chocolate with chocolate covered strawberries on top and around the bottom. I thought both were beautiful, and delicious.

We had an Italian Cream cake for the brides cake, (main cake) with fresh flowers all over it. The grooms cake was chocolate with chocolate covered strawberries on top and around the bottom. I thought both were beautiful, and delicious.

I like Italian deserts, I could eat tiramisu until the cows come home, but I think I'd have been diving into the groom's cake, especially with the chocolate covered strawberries. now that is my idea of a fruit cake.

Oh dear
Funny i still wear mine widdowed
To honour my late wife.
And it helps to keep them away.
I simplt say im married sorry.

Tomb of the unknown.
Another interesting fact.
Thank you!

I still wear mine, too, lwbohm. It's been 35 years since he became a memory.
------------------------
I've personally never heard it called a stagette party, I know Americans tend to call it a bachelorette party but again I've never known that to be used in the UK. Then again many people who know me say I'm prematurely old beyond my years so maybe I'm just completely outdated! :lol:

Rossop, you're not prematurely old; you're steeped in tradition!

-------------------------------
What does the William & Kate - A Royal Wedding candle from Yankee Candle smell like? I knew they were selling it in England but my sister saw it at a YC store not far from where I live recently.

Smells like exploitation to me!

Last edited:
I can't believe fruitcake is the norm for wedding cakes. It's usually a Christmas tradition over here. A bride and groom would be laughed at over here if they had a fruitcake wedding cake.

I can't believe fruitcake is the norm for wedding cakes. It's usually a Christmas tradition over here. A bride and groom would be laughed at over here if they had a fruitcake wedding cake.

Here a fruitcake would be used for weddings, Christmas and special milestone birthdays as well in many cases or other special celebrations e.g. I belong to an organisation that has formal installation ceremonies when we change our office bearers and we always have a decorated fruit cake for that event as well.

Those are adorable! Even if I could knit I don't think I couldn't do these.

Having got the instruction book they aren't that hard - once I figure out what ply 'DK' wool is I will begin knitting some of the figures.

What I especially like is the inclusion of extra dresses and even plain suits so a person could extend the party beyond just the key figures.

Re the Yankee candle Royal Wedding yes it's available here. Go online to Yankee candles. It's also on the uk website along with (of course) loads of fab fragrances unavailable in the us. And the uk website doesn't ship to the us. Aaargj! It's bad enough I ship Fairy liquid over now I have to schlepping candles back too???

Time to move on from the fruitcake discussion.

Last edited:
That program last night did mention the use of flowers which represented different UK countries but nothing more exotic. No leeks!;)

That program last night did mention the use of flowers which represented different UK countries but nothing more exotic. No leeks!;)

Oh, I'm disappointed. Could start a new fashion trend, edible bouquets.

Having got the instruction book they aren't that hard - once I figure out what ply 'DK' wool is I will begin knitting some of the figures.

What I especially like is the inclusion of extra dresses and even plain suits so a person could extend the party beyond just the key figures.

I admire your talent! You will have to post a pic when you complete one.

How the royal kitchen is planning for the wedding-

People Mobile: Homepage

I'm a bit picky of an eater, I'm not sure I'd not go hungry from the sound of those canapes. I guess it's a good thing I'm not invited. It definitely is a massive under taking.

But they'll be in good company: A total of 60 people, from chefs to those opening car doors and pouring champagne, will be working at the palace on the big day.

The palace has also confirmed the rooms that will be used for the Queen's reception: The white drawing room, music room, blue drawing room, state dining room and the picture gallery, where the wedding cake will be displayed.

Dear Kate and bridal party ,
Pls do not forget to wear felt on the bottom of your shoes so that you do not slip down the carpet of Westminster Abbey. Thanks

This article has some neat information about the abbey

The Secrets of Westminster Abbey

I like the bit about the different tombs. Martin Luther King is actually a statue above the doors she will enter, among the 20th century martyrs. Or there is only a memorial to Churchill because he refused to be buried there, said no one walks over him. Or while Elizabeth I's tomb is tired and worn, Mary Queen of Scott's is opulent and she looks angelic. It likely has to do with James I, Elizabeth's successor, being Mary's son. I guess if you don't want your tomb to look bad, you shouldn't behead your successor's mother. A lot of great people, even Darwin and Newton, are buried there. I went on a tour, its incredible being in that church.

Last edited:
ghost_night554, a LOT indeed, but I can't even imagine a only "room" able to accommodate 600 people.
Too true. I mean I can understand accommodating them for the actual meal but before that where do they put them all? No wonder they need so many rooms!

Jimmy Kimmel just flat out asked Sharon Osbourne on his show if she was invited to the royal wedding and she said no. I think this was discussed here earlier....:whistling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom