The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really like his designs too! Don't ask me why but going through the slideshow for these dresses, the image of Maria's dress from the Sound of Music popped into my head. I'd really not be surprised at all if Kate goes for the more demure young bride look similar to Maria's.

Maria In Her Wedding Dress - The Sound of Music Fan Art (7601735) - Fanpop
I was looking through the slide show and saw a dress with gold stitching making elaves, i think. that would be the perfect style for her.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Osipi, you have a good eye and a great memory! Maria's gown is very much like Mr. Cordell's design in wine. Nearly identical, except Maria's has an up collar.

In case anyone thinks I might be plugging Mr. Cordell, I'm not. I've never purchased a gown from him nor do I know him, I just like his designs.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Courtier

BBC News - Royal wedding: Can Kate Middleton's dress stay under wraps?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Osipi, you have a good eye and a great memory! Maria's gown is very much like Mr. Cordell's design in wine. Nearly identical, except Maria's has an up collar.

In case anyone thinks I might be plugging Mr. Cordell, I'm not. I've never purchased a gown from him nor do I know him, I just like his designs.
What I like is the simplicity of most of the designs and most look very suitable for a cathedral wedding such as this one is going to be. I don't think we really want to see Kate in something where the dress becomes more of the focal point rather than the bride itself. This again is another reason why I think she'll go with a simple demure look and let her own natural radiance shine through. Unlike many brides, she doesn't need to have something shocking or outlandish or humungous to draw attention to herself.

As someone mentioned before, it seems many Bridezillas are going all out to make the dress the focal point and draw attention to themselves. I glanced at the show yesterday for a while and this one bride I swear was dressing either for a costume party or to stand on the corner of a busy intersection. Sheeesh!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Ahhh ... its great to have a do nothing ordinary kind of day.

Went looking around and there really isn't much out there that isn't strapless or alluding to strapless gowns but I did find one dress that I think would look regal on Kate. I have *no* idea who the designer is as its kind of generic picture. It would be perfect too for any kind of weather that April deems to throw on the day too. What do you all think?

http://www.weddingblue.net/wp-conten...ding-dress.jpg
Old 02-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Brides Checklist: Kate’s Hair and Makeup

Brides Checklist: Kate’s Hair and Makeup | BBCAmerica - Anglophenia blog
Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Went looking around and there really isn't much out there that isn't strapless or alluding to strapless gowns but I did find one dress that I think would look regal on Kate. I have *no* idea who the designer is as its kind of generic picture. It would be perfect too for any kind of weather that April deems to throw on the day too. What do you all think?

While this is a nice dress, my opinion is it looks nothing like anything Kate would wear. Also reminds me of a much older persons look it puts me in mind of PM gown with the shape of the neck. I would love to see Kate in something more like this:
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/...ce_sleeves.jpg
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

EEEK! I know this isn't really related to this thread but I finally got a letter back from William and Kate (well not them personally but still!)

Btw to Mermaid's comment earlier I never thought for a second how chaotic it would become if the announcer was announced.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the Williama and Kate the made for TV movie should be posted here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1200570 .

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Osipi, that is the Darius Cordell "leaf" gown. Stunning!

Lady Anne, this is not an old person's gown. It is a sophisticated person's gown. Kate isn't 22.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
While this is a nice dress, my opinion is it looks nothing like anything Kate would wear. Also reminds me of a much older persons look it puts me in mind of PM gown with the shape of the neck. I would love to see Kate in something more like this:
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/...ce_sleeves.jpg
Yes, I agree with you, the other dress is lovely but looks a bit mature for Kate, IMO. I think something similar to the one you posted would suit her better - I've been hoping she'll do something with lace sleeves.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

LOL- some of us are snowbound! (I haven't left the house in two days).

That dress is quite attractive but I think I'd prefer something a bit more ornate.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Osipi, that is the Darius Cordell "leaf" gown. Stunning!

Lady Anne, this is not an old person's gown. It is a sophisticated person's gown. Kate isn't 22.
Well, apparently she thinks otherwise and I agree with her. It looks like a gown for an older person to me. Someone of 30+, Catherine is not yet.

And no, Catherine is not 22 anymore, but also not "old enough" to wear a gown like that. Oh well, opinions can vary
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Well, apparently she thinks otherwise and I agree with her. It looks like a gown for an older person to me. Someone of 30+, Catherine is not yet.

And no, Catherine is not 22 anymore, but also not "old enough" to wear a gown like that. Oh well, opinions can vary
Ah.. so that's the leaf gown eh? It wasn't identified where I found it. Maybe it is a bit too matronly for Kate. I just thought it had a sense of "regal" to it.

Back to the drawing browser. hehe
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Skippy, Catherine is 29; pretty close to your 30+. However, it will be interesting to see what she decides to wear.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Justin Alexander has a lot of dresses that are not sleeveless

http://justinalexanderbridal.com/index.php
Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this has been posted.

Royal Engagement Rings: A Look Back - AisleDash

How do you think Kate's ring (once Diana's) compares with other royal engagement rings?
I happen to think it's eye-catching, but I would prefer a diamond like Sophie's.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know if this has been posted.

Royal Engagement Rings: A Look Back - AisleDash

How do you think Kate's ring (once Diana's) compares with other royal engagement rings?
I happen to think it's eye-catching, but I would prefer a diamond like Sophie's.
Maybe its just me but I think actually Kate's ring along with Sarah's looks more like a cocktail ring rather than an engagement ring. I think of all of those pictured in the article above, I prefer Victoria's solitaire diamond ring the best. 2nd choice would be Sophie's and 3rd is Camilla's. I have a similar style ring as Kate and Sarah's but its diamonds around an opal and it just doesn't look right with a wedding band.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
This is the first gallery I have seen that spans the ages, tastes, weather and status of the bride.

And yes, the leaf is absolutely fabulous. I think anyone would feel like a princess wearing almost any of his bridal collection.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
KATE'S GOWN:

Darius Cordell won't be in the running for the gown's design, but he, IMO, has a real knack for the design of wedding gowns. The first one in his collection would be my choice, second would be the gown shown in a wine color, but in a cream or ivory with an lace overlay on the collar. I just love his designs, although I understand he may have problems with follow-through. However, I still contend that his designs are lovely and since he won't be in the running for Kate's design, it's moot.

See them here: Designer Wedding Dresses & Couture Bridal Gowns by Darius Cordell designs
I like B5064 a lot (in the first row of dresses, it's 4th from the right). The skirt is full, but not huge 1981 proportions, and I think that would show off her figure nicely since she is so slim in the hips. I personally like the champagne color, but think she would/should go for a creamy white. It kind of reminds me of Grace Kelly.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding