The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
It just seems very poor planning all around that they are having to live with in laws however lovely, private, comforting, etc. it might be because they essentially have no suitable home of their own.
Oh boy! You are not going to let this go are you??!! The renovations at apartment 1A at Kensington Palace started a long time ago and was suppose to be finished for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to move in prior to the birth of Prince George. Unfortunately asbestos material was found during the renovations and had to be removed before the renovations could continue. Because of this everything fell behind and that is why the couple can only now start the big move to Kensington Palace. Please don't be so critical if you do not know all the facts. Also, the Duchess of Cambridge is making a major move with a newborn baby - it is not just some Suzy down the road!!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No surprise they got leaked, if they're handed out before official release then they're bound to get out! Money pure and simple.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
Oh boy! You are not going to let this go are you??!! The renovations at apartment 1A at Kensington Palace started a long time ago and was suppose to be finished for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to move in prior to the birth of Prince George. Unfortunately asbestos material was found during the renovations and had to be removed before the renovations could continue. Because of this everything fell behind and that is why the couple can only now start the big move to Kensington Palace. Please don't be so critical if you do not know all the facts. Also, the Duchess of Cambridge is making a major move with a newborn baby - it is not just some Suzy down the road!!
Yes, asbestos is deadly and illegal now. When I had my first home, my ugly kitchen floor (linoleum) had asbestos under it and no contractor was able to rip the linoleum up according to laws where I live. We had to slap just another layer of flooring down over the linoleum! That stuff is extremely dangerous, especially to a dear little baby!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

I like them. William looks a bit stiff but Catherine, baby George and Lupo look relaxed.

Looks really lovely at her parent's home.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Are these the 'official pictures'? If so, its very underwhelming, amateurish quality. It looks like a family shot for private use that got leaked. A professional photographer would have done something about the sun, done a shot with George having his eyes open, actually a lot of things don't look right for photos that would make the BRF history books.

Very bland photos, although its nice to include the dog.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Are these the 'official pictures'? If so, its very underwhelming, amateurish quality. It looks like a family shot for private use that got leaked. A professional photographer would have done something about the sun, done a shot with George having his eyes open, actually a lot of things don't look right for photos that would make the BRF history books.

I find them very charming, relaxed and modern. I quite like them. You can't wait around for a newborn to open his/her eyes, or manipulate that! It's a baby!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Prince George still looks like the late Spencer great grandfather, determined and bulldogish. He should be able to hold his own.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Nobility

I honestly don't see them ever doing the cloyingly saccharin kinds of family/baby shots so trendy now and I for one am thankful. I like the natural untouched up quality.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Courtier

First of all the pics were leaked on twitter so who leaked them risk a hefty fine! But I have to say I like kate very much! she looks wondeful! The photos were taken by michael middleton
Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I agree, but my expectations for the pictures might have been too high. I had expected at least one picture in the style of, say this one of Princess Isabella of Denmark, you know, a close-up on the little one. These pictures just seem really rushed through, like they had to put something out now. Anyway, bubba looks adorable and that's what matters.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

So I wanna ask how old was William when he did his first "photoshoot" in comparison to George

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 12m Well as most royal watchers on Twitter have realised, the British media have been issued with the first official portraits of Prince George
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 10m
We were issued with them by Kensington Palace today on the understanding that they were embargoed until 00.01 GMT.......
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7m
....unfortunately some media chose to ignore that request. Huge shame. But full pix and story will be on http://www.dailymail.co.uk at midnight
Old 08-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

hi to all people, I have a ittle break for health problems. well, finally baby's cambridge it's a boy! i love the name!
The official photos are ok to me, too much informal but they look beautiful. may be the ''real'' official photo will the taken in balmoral with the queen, charles, william and george.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Courtier

I'm a bit disappointed and personally i dont' like them, I love just kate! she looks gorgeous! i think that the pictures are real becuase I heard that lupo was there and photos were two...
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So I wanna ask how old was William when he did his first "photoshoot" in comparison to George
a month, Wills's offical photos was taken in july 20 and in the papers in juy 20, their parent wedding's anniversary
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so William was about 1month then.

My biggest disappointment in these photos is honestly I was expecting a closeup of George with his eyes open.

This is gonna sound like the dumbest question ever but by 2 weeks old the baby can open his/her eyes right?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

I agree, but my expectations for the pictures might have been too high. I had expected at least one picture in the style of, say this one of Princess Isabella of Denmark, you know, a close-up on the little one. These pictures just seem really rushed through, like they had to put something out now. Anyway, bubba looks adorable and that's what matters.
That why I think the real official photo were probably withheld from most of the media, press agency by KP and CH and were kept in safe place until it was tone to release so they could post it on twitter/website first before anyone. This is a formal one I think there is a official photo that they withheld because they were afraid it would get leak. .
Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't know if it's the quality so I'll reserve my full judgement until tomorrow, but they're too amateur for the first official photo.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Courtier

however we all are wathing the pictures and to be honest we could have waited but I think that everybody was eager so we all alre giulty:-)
Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:

My biggest disappointment in these photos is honestly I was expecting a closeup of George with his eyes open.

This is gonna sound like the dumbest question ever but by 2 weeks old the baby can open his/her eyes right?
I have children, and with a baby this young, you might be waiting a long time for the eyes to open! You cannot force it.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

yeah, me too, we don0t know his eyes colour

-www.theroyalist.net-