The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I can hardly believe that this is an 18 page thread devoted to the release of the family photos of the baby. I will refrain from participating and do my part to give this little family some space.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Baby Book: A Souvenir Album-
Royal Baby Book Royal Collection Trust Shop

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
Children are usually born into families with 2 sides - the mother's side of the family (in this case, the Middletons) and the father's side of the family (in this case, the BRF).

I'm taking the view that these are Middleton family photographs released to the public. Very nice of them to share them with us.

The photos from the BRF side of the family will be along soon.

You think so?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post

You think so?
The Christening pics
Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Thank goodness no one saw my family pictures. Most of the people on here would have had a stroke.
I was thinking the same thing!

I know I have a dreadful tendency to cut someone's head off (figuratively speaking, that is) and they tend to be wobbly.
But I'm not famous and no one cares (except the person cut off).

I think the pictures are rather charming. As for the argument about George's features, he has the same scrunched-up little face most babies have...they tend to look the same at that age.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
The Christening pics
This family has not rushed to christen new additions. We'll see if W&C change that tradition as well.

I do think that if there are no photos with great grandpa Phillip, there will be hysteria.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Other than the picture of the family leaving the hospital, does anyone know/recall at what age the first pictures of William were released? Were there pictures of him at the same age as George is here? (Or of Harry)?
I think William was a month or so old before the first official photo. This isn't in response to your question, ladongas, but looking at the professional photo that was released of him, I have to said I prefer the ones taken by Michael Middleton. At least little George doesn't look startled.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images...m-as-ababy.jpg
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I think William was a month or so old before the first official photo. This isn't in response to your question, ladongas, but looking at the professional photo that was released of him, I have to said I prefer the ones taken by Michael Middleton. At least little George doesn't look startled.

I really like the pictures. I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. They are great pictures.

I don't care for the William pic, he doesn't even look cute in that.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I do think that if there are no photos with great grandpa Phillip, there will be hysteria.
I don't think we'll see any pictures released at all from Balmoral. From what I've read, we won't even know when they're up there unless they're spotted going to church. Its going to be a very private visit.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think they ever do pics of the Christianing. They just do pics of them with the godparents and family.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post

Thanks, cinrit. That's what I thought. I'm sure everyone would have loved to have seen earlier pictures of William... I think it's fine to see pictures which don't meet the standards of some- better than no pictures at all.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Casual family photos...with a BPS400 blowout, heavy makeup and a new dress...hardly candid. These are photos of Kate and William, George just happens to be there. I'm finished now. LOL
Old 08-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

But everyone would be complaining that Kate looks like crap without makeup and how dare she not look pretty for us. OH forgot to add How dare she wear something more then once. Doesn't she know she is supposed to wear makeup at all times and wear newe things.

Yes I am being sarcastic.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Casual family photos...with a BPS400 blowout, heavy makeup and a new dress...hardly candid. These are photos of Kate and William, George just happens to be there. I'm finished now. LOL
Well, if the 'casual' pictures are not good enough for some, how awful would they have been if Kate were unkempt, wearing a quilted bathrobe? I didn't think her hair looked professionally done, and just because we haven't seen a dress doesn't mean it's new.
I'm not one who thinks any royal(s) is beyond criticism, but I can't even understand what and why people are criticizing these two snaps. Sooner or later there may be something real to criticize.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I'm not one who thinks any royal(s) is beyond criticism, but I can't even understand what and why people are criticizing these two snaps. Sooner or later there may be something real to criticize.
Maybe because they don't like the snaps? People have different opinions: you like them, I don't. Simple.

And what is something real to criticize?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post

Visible tattoos, tongue piercing, marital discord in public, no-shows at committed engagements, shop-lifting... Possibilities are endless.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ LOL. I hope you're kidding...
Old 08-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
^^ LOL. I hope you're kidding...
Gosh, yes, I hope they all live happily ever after and never put a foot wrong!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Maybe because they don't like the snaps? People have different opinions: you like them, I don't. Simple.

There is a difference between having an opinion and being down right mean. Alot of the posts were just mean just for the sake of being mean.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Thanks for my second laugh of the day. When Testino does it, it's ART!

It's overwhelmingly funny (odd funny) to me that so many people are finding so many reasons to be deeply offended by the release of the family photos. Above all, I am sure they did not mean to offend anyone by releasing them.

I know, right. Testino has shot quite a few photos where the sun is behind his subject, and he's not the only one. I've seen many photos in magazines, where the celebs/models are shot with the sun behind them. I guess basic photography fail is okay when it's done by a professional, but Michael Middleton and everyone else need to turn over their cameras when they do it.

Poor Mr. Middleton. He was probably so proud and excited about taking the photos and now he has to hear that his photos and photo taking skills are horrible. I bet that's the last time he shares a family photo.