The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2018, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Christening of Prince Louis of Cambridge: July 9, 2018

Kensington Palace just has announced that Prince Louis will be christened on 09-07-2018 at The Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...67871951134721

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The ceremony will be performed by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:22 AM
Majesty

I’m thinking maybe Princess Eugenie for a godparent.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I’m thinking maybe Princess Eugenie for a godparent.
Any particular reason for suggesting Eugenie?
Old 06-21-2018, 06:42 AM
Majesty

It’s nothing more than a feeling. William and Catherine seem to get along quite well with Eugenie. She’s also a friend of Pippa and James.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

I, too, suspect that we might see Princess Eugenie as a godparent. Either Eugenie or Peter Phillips seem likely choices.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Maybe Harry or Meghan will pop up as one.

LaRae
Old 06-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Maybe Harry or Meghan will pop up as one.

LaRae
I don't think so.

So far, they haven't picked ANY siblings to be a godparent to either George or Charlotte. I think they feel as aunts/uncles they will already have a role in the life of their niece/nephew.

Not Meghan either IMO. They like her (or might) but I think they have known other people longer that might fit the role.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Prince Louis’s christening will take place at 4pm on Monday 9th July at St James’s Palace #princelouis

Via Roya Nikkhah Twitter
Old 06-27-2018, 06:14 PM

I'd like to see Princess Anne. I think a senior Royal would be a good addition to the good parent list. I doubt it but it would be nice.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

A godparent from the Spencer side of the family would be nice. Perhaps Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp as a godfather.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Laura Fellowes (Sarah's daughter) is Charlotte's godmother. They have chosen a cousin from both sides of William's family. Zara was for George.

Be interesting to see what family they choose if any now. Cant technically rule out Harry/Pippa/James. William had no close relatives (a first cousin twice removed and a second cousin once removed) but then Harry had his Uncle Andrew. But I doubt we will see them.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHDuchessofAlbany View Post
I'd like to see Princess Anne. I think a senior Royal would be a good addition to the good parent list. I doubt it but it would be nice.
Anne would be an interesting choice since she said George's birth "has nothing to do with me". She's probably even less interested in Louis, as he isn't even a future King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
A godparent from the Spencer side of the family would be nice. Perhaps Louis Spencer, Viscount Althorp as a godfather.
Well, Laura Pettman is Charlotte's godmother. But if you mean a bonafide Spencer as in one of the Earl's children, then while it's possible it also seems doubtful. The Earl's oldest children grew up in Africa and probably had infrequent contact with William. Also the two cousins William chose as godparents (Zara, Laura) are both close in age to him, the Earl's children are quite younger.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Majesty

So maybe now Emily Hutt?
Old 06-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
So maybe now Emily Hutt?
She could be a good choice. It would also be interesting since William has only attended 3 cousins' weddings - Laura, Zara and Emily. If he picked all 3 for godparents then that would speak volumes to his affection for them. I guess it could also speak to the 4 cousins' weddings that he didn't attend.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:47 AM
Aristocracy

Will the Christening of Prince Louis mark the end of the Duchess' maternity leave? Are the two events related at all? Has the end of her maternity leave been announced?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:50 AM
Majesty

Not related at all. She’s still on maternity leave. She’ll be back to royal engagements in the fall.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Majesty

How long is the maternity leave in the UK?
Old 06-29-2018, 09:45 AM
Majesty

52 weeks but obviously Catherine won’t be off for that long. Her schedule resumes in the fall.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:37 AM
Majesty

IIRC she doesn't take more than 4 or 5 months.

LaRae