The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2018, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Who do you think will be in the official group photo that they release? It's a bigger group than when Charlotte was christened, with the addition of Harry (who had been in Australia), Meghan, and Pippa's husband. Do you think they will do a big group with all the family members, or maybe (at least release) one of just the immediate Cambridge family?

I predict 4 pictures:
1. Group shot with the extended family
2. Shot of the full Cambridge family
3. Shot of either William and Kate with Louis (or perhaps William and Kate with Louis)
4. A miscellaneous shot

Looking at the pictures from George and Charlotte’s christening, that’s basically what they did.

With George, it was 1 extended family pic, 2 Cambridge family pics, 1 pic of the Windsor family, and 1 pic of the 4 generations of monarchs. With Charlotte, it was 1 extended family pic, 1 Cambridge family pic, 1 pic of Kate and Charlotte, and 1 pic of William and George.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
From what I have read the Cambridges' friends tend to stay under the radar, so any interaction might occur away from the cameras' lenses.

Yes, the young royals and their friends do a very good job staying hidden when they want lol. I am sure it helps Will and Kate that they have a country home for folks to visit. Out of the London glare.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

We saw a lot of the Cambridge’s friends when they were single and partying. Now folks are married and with kids. Things have calmed down.

Well, today is the Christening. I think the service starts at 4pm. Looking forward to learning of the Godparents and coverage.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-09-2018, 02:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Won’t it be lovely to see the Cambridge family as a little group of 5 for the first time!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Won’t it be lovely to see the Cambridge family as a little group of 5 for the first time!
Yes! It’s so rare to see them. So it’s going to be a treat indeed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-09-2018, 03:26 AM
Courtier

I'm really looking forward to it, kind of surprising as I wasn't that interested in George or Charlotte. I mean, I did watch and all, but I think this one will be more fun since we'll see three cute Cambridges interacting (I personally think we see them too infrequently).
Old 07-09-2018, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Agree! Though it will be more fun come Christmas with Louis as an 8-month old.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry spends £8,000 on first edition Winnie The Pooh book | Daily Mail Online

Uncle Prince Harry bought £8,000 first edition book for nephew's christening
Old 07-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Moderator Emeritus

https://www.royal.uk/christening-pri...and-godparents

The following guests will today attend the christening of Prince Louis at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace:

- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael Middleton, Mr. and Mrs. James Matthews, and Mr. James Middleton
- The godparents of Prince Louis and their spouses

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be godparents to Prince Louis, all of whom are friends or family of Their Royal Highnesses:

- Mr. Nicholas van Cutsem
- Mr. Guy Pelly
- Mr. Harry Aubrey-Fletcher
- The Lady Laura Meade
- Mrs. Robert Carter
- Miss Lucy Middleton
Old 07-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Am I right: The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh won't attend the christening?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
https://www.royal.uk/christening-pri...and-godparents

The following guests will today attend the christening of Prince Louis at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace:

- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael Middleton, Mr. and Mrs. James Matthews, and Mr. James Middleton
- The godparents of Prince Louis and their spouses

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be godparents to Prince Louis, all of whom are friends or family of Their Royal Highnesses:

- Mr. Nicholas van Cutsem
- Mr. Guy Pelly
- Mr. Harry Aubrey-Fletcher
- The Lady Laura Meade
- Mrs. Robert Carter
- Miss Lucy Middleton
Does this mean HM and the DoE aren't attending?
Old 07-09-2018, 06:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It looks like it. They were listed as guests for Princess Charlotte's.

https://twitter.com/lbcbreaking/stat...47836969787393

Buckingham Palace: Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge's christening this afternoon.

------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/PA/status/1016248125776855040

Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge’s christening. The decision was not made on health grounds, Buckingham Palace says, and it is understood to have been mutually agreed by the Queen and the Cambridges some time ago
Old 07-09-2018, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Prince Harry spends £8,000 on first edition Winnie The Pooh book | Daily Mail Online

Uncle Prince Harry bought £8,000 first edition book for nephew's christening

What a very thoughtful gift for any child, a personal book is one of the most important things a child can receive. It opens doors to everything new in the world, new adventures, new ways of doing something........untold ideas come from books as we grow, I so love this idea of a personal library for any child.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen and Prince Philip will NOT attend Prince Louis's christening | Daily Mail Online

I did not expect this, I wonder about the reason behind it. The christening of a great grandchild is really special, why miss it if not for health reasons?
Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Royal Highness

I'm shocked that the Queen and DoE are not attending. Didn't they attend the Christenings for their other 5 great-grandchildren?

I picked Harry Aubrey-Fletcher as a godfather so i'm pleased to see him chosen. I picked Lucy Middleton for Charlotte so I was one child off for her.

I'm quite surprised William chose Guy Pelly and Nicolas van Cutsem. While both are close friends, they are both controversial men. I guess since it's the third child and the Queen isn't attending, William thought he could be a little looser with his choices.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm shocked that the Queen and DoE are not attending. Didn't they attend the Christenings for their other 5 great-grandchildren?
I don't think they were at Isla Phillips's.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Mrs Robert Carter - who is this?

Daily Mail reporting it is Sophie Carter who is also Charlotte's godmother. I had always assumed she was unmarried?

Old 07-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Mrs. Robert Carter is Hannah Gillingham.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you

Also noticed 6 godparents for Louis

Charlotte has 5 and George 7 - always assumed that George got more cause he is the future King and therefore Louis and Charlotte would both have 5

Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
https://twitter.com/lbcbreaking/stat...47836969787393

Buckingham Palace: Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge's christening this afternoon.

------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/PA/status/1016248125776855040

Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are to miss Prince Louis of Cambridge’s christening. The decision was not made on health grounds, Buckingham Palace says, and it is understood to have been mutually agreed by the Queen and the Cambridges some time ago

Whenever the Queen misses an important event, there is speculation about her health. The fact that the Palace made a point to deny that her absence was due to health concerns actually has the opposite effect of increasing the speculation.