The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Majesty

at the swedish royal wedding there were 2 crown at the alter will we see something like that in williams and kates wedding?

seen here

Old 04-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
I love the idea of having trees inside the Abbey.I can't wait to see how they are are going to be placed.
I totally agree. It surprised me at first, but I'll bet it will look great! It's something different so....... I am all for different when it comes to weddings. I'm sure there will be plenty of flowers too. I just hope there is some color in there somewhere. To me, there is nothing more boring than all white weddings or white and cream.... I like color. However, it isn't my big day, so I say, let her have what ever she wants as long as the dress is awesome

Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

and a sparkly tiara........
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
at the swedish royal wedding there were 2 crown at the alter will we see something like that in williams and kates wedding?

seen here

No, because for one the BRF and the SRF do weddings differently and have different traditions and two, William isn't the heir to the throne, even if they did do something like that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

speaking of tea towels............ Do Royals give out wedding favors to their guests? I saw on ebay several years ago silver wine goblets that were supposed to be favors from Princess Anne's and Mark Phillips wedding.... Any word on Will & Kate's wedding favors?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Majesty

yes i do understand it is different traditions
i just thought maybe they did something like in sweden becouse they use their crowns even more then the swedish court, but that it what i thiught
but thank you for the respons
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

This is getting exciting. My husband is ready to commit Hari Kari.
Trees in the Abbey. Hmm. I have a good feeling that this is going to look beautiful, to give the place a less "funeral" feel to it.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Kate and William are at Westminster Abbey going through final rehearsal. The DM has a few photos of them in the car.

There are quite a few people already camped out.

People Camped out- Twitpic
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

William and Kate attend rehearsal
Old 04-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The bachelor and bachelorette party is Thursday night right?
I would love to know what Harry is planning:)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

With regard to the trees, I love the idea - admittedly without actually seeing the finished effect. I love the idea because it is unusual, different and has never been done inside the Abbey before (although I suspect that they have a large Christmas tree there each year like other cathedrals etc). I like trees and so for a trees-in-the-Abbey-lover, I'm happy. However, for some people it's a whacky/strange/hokey idea to bring a load of giant trees indoors instead of just having flowers and the no-trees-in-the-Abbey people are perfectly entitled to that opinion in exactly the same way as my opinion. Opinions differ and it's all down to a question of personal tastes and expectations....erm....provided the squirrels and birds are removed ;-)

As with everything at this wedding, there is a cost and I am sure things will be done to balance necessity and cost as much as possible. As (I think) most if not all the elements of the wedding are being bought and paid for in the UK, whether the costs is high or small the money is going into people's pockets and businesses as wages etc and will be recycled as spending, so scaling up or down on the wedding will have the same result.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I thought they had already had their 'stag' and 'hen' dos? The one William commented that the media were left in the dark about.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I don't know about the hen party/weekend but it was suggested a few weeks ago that the stag do was held before Prince Harry attended Walking with the Wounded activities
Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG are you kidding me!
I'm so used to those parties being held right before the wedding:(
Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Nobility

.. in that case, it would be an exceptional bad idea ... they have to start early on there wedding day ... and no one once to see them with a hangover
Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

It used to be the case that it was the night before but, certainly in England (happy for differing opinions) people tend to now do something in advance. My sister in law is getting married in June, the hen weekend is next weekend and the stag weekend is the following week. Gives plenty of time to recover.

I was married 10 years ago and we had a 'hag' party (we combined the hen and stag party as we are the type of couple that would rather do things together) the week before we married.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Gentry

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton, Prince William's Wedding Vows : People.com
I don't think they would write thier own vows but it appears to say "The wearing of...." which leads me to think ring.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Will there be any pre-wedding events? concerts, etc.?
Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Just a dinner for members of the British Royals and the foreign royals. Its a private affair hosted by Lady Anson and Charles, Camilla, William, Harry and Kate WILL NOT be in attendance.

Just the Queen (who is a pretty good guest to have), the DoE (him as well), the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice, Eugenie, Princess Anne and Tim, and the Dukes and Duchess of Kent and Gloucester. Including Prince & Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

In addition to that, according to Prince Radu of Romania, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will host a lunch for the foreign Royals attending the wedding and others (such as Prince Radu) at Kensington Palace, tomorrow.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding