The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

Destabilize her image in which sense? in this matter, and as much as I'm curios about,she doesn't owe no one an answer.

LOL.
Maybe if she chooses Galliano, we can come back an really discuss this further

(Sister Morphine, where are you when we most need it?)

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Royal wedding: Mystery over Prince William's romantic ride - Telegraph

Mandrake hears that Prince William may be planning to arrive at his wedding on horseback, accompanied by officers of the Household Cavalry’s Mounted Regiment.

Officials at St James’s Palace are keen to play down the suggestion. They insist that the future king intends to arrive by car.

Royal cake takes the biscuit... - Telegraph

The capital’s extensive security plans for the royal wedding – following last weekend’s violence they now include extra stop-and-search powers within a ring of steel – might seem fairly thorough. However, they’re nothing on the security measures in Manchester surrounding Prince William’s alternative wedding cake.

Buses to ferry cut-price Royals to wedding (but Charles insists on a Rolls-Royce) | Mail Online

Think of Royal weddings and you imagine fairytale carriages drawn by well-groomed horses with footmen in red and gold livery riding on the back.

But when Prince William marries Kate Middleton, most of the Royal Family will arrive in a much more prosaic form of coach – the humble minibus.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton and Prince William: An exotic honeymoon to ease Wills' frayed nerves | Mail Online

Another idea for the honeymoon destination.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Serene Highness

Personally, I think this is "Smoke & Mirrors" from the Middletons. Everytime Carol & Pippa are seen at a designers Atelier there is some significance to the wedding dress. I think we are all in for a real surprise on the 29th.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm not sure how this works but can someone tell me exactly how much of the wedding the public will be able to see?? I know we'll be able to see the arrivals and the ceremony...but will cameras be allowed into the reception?
With regard to the arrival of guests, it would be useful to know whether it is correct that the BBC will be broadcasting the whole event from start to fininsh and other TV stations will be showing the same footage live (obviously with their own commentators). I have a feeling that although we will see the arrival of some guests and this will include some of the royals, we will not see as much as we have been used to at other weddings such as the Swedish, Spanish and Danish weddings. BBC commentators are not likely to know who many of the overseas royal guests are and will either get their names wrong or switch over to images of the crowds or views of the Abbey ceiling. We ought to prepare ourselves for a frustrating time because for instance just as Victoria and Daniel arrive the cameras will go and move towards some unknown guests and I'll be shouting "go back go back!!!".
Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I am hoping the Swedish Wedding will have put the BBC etc. on their mettle and we will get really good commentary from experts who know who's who.

And, with William an Kate taking a leaf out of the SRF wedding and busing in the guests I am hoping their wedding will be as romantic and loving as Victoria and Daniel's and that William goes for another break with tradition and kisses Kate . . . . . . in the Abby!

Ah well, dreams are free.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Nobility

For an events on this scale, the commentators have lists with name and function etc... of each guest. The royals, but also celebrities, members of the Parliament and from each political party, heads of state, ambassadors, Governors General and prime ministers. We'll see the arrivals, the people take their seat inside the Abbaye, the wedding itself, the departure and the procession, the balcony kiss and the appareance of the whole royal family, the flypast, the arrival of the guests inside Buckingham Palace (I just found the arrival of the carriage of Charles and Diana inside the palace courtyard and the arrival of many guests, I had never saw these photos before). We can hope we'll see cameras inside the many rooms where QEII will receive the dignitiaries because things change and the B. Royal Family knows it more than any Royal Family.
This event has generated too much passion and madness throughout the world for the royal family not to use it as much as it can. To capitalize on this young couple, I think it will open the doors of BP. Besides the reception offered by the Prince of Wales in the evening is stamped "private party", so we can hope that the Queen's reception will allow, versus, the cameras of the BBC to have access to the reception including the wedding cake. I can not believe that in receiving so many heads of state, Governors, Prime ministers and Royalty, the Queen does not allow cameras inside BP. Then, in previous marriages, Internet did not exist. The information could not be relayed instantly like today. And there was no major marriage for 30 years in the UK. Edward's marriage was not a major one and it took place shortly after the death of Diana. That of Charles and Camilla was a remarriage that has spilled too much ink. Marriages in Spain, Denmark and Sweden are all marriages of the Internet era, and information transmitted instantaneously to millions of people simultaneously. The British royal family has not had the opportunity to do otherwise.
I want to think this times they are going to surprise us. I hope !!!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Personally, I think this is "Smoke & Mirrors" from the Middletons. Everytime Carol & Pippa are seen at a designers Atelier there is some significance to the wedding dress. I think we are all in for a real surprise on the 29th.

I agree with this; that article in no way suggests that Temperley is the designer of choice for Kate's wedding dress.

Pippa probably needs quite a few clothes for other events.

Also, she and Carole may simply be trying to deflect suspicion from the real designer.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Nobility

I think they know they can not give too little with what this wedding has generated as articles, press coverage, memorabilia of any kind, the net flooded with blogs and special sites, all television channels and major newspapers in many countries (USA, Europe, Canada, etc...) have created special web pages dedicated to the engagement until the wedding itself for the last 5 months. The royal family has advisers (including those of the Prince of Wales) to guide the conduct of the event in terms of the intensity of the response of public and media (worldwide) since November 16.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Gentry

I think arriving on horseback with a small contingent would be FABULOUS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals
Old 04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Courtier

IF this is true, I wonder if that gives an indication of which uniform William will be wearing. I can't really see him wearing the RAF uniform when riding a horse accompanied by household cavalry.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Nobility

Is anyone going to be watching and posting at this site on the 29th? I am looking forward to reading everyone's opinions about the day and to see if the coverage from their country is any different from mine.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I would be very, very surprised if this happens. I think that there will likely be a camera to catch footage of the royal party arriving back at the Palace, where the carriages will draw up; but I can't see the cameras being allowed inside, particularly during the cake cutting and so on. It just doesn't seem like a British Royal Family thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
so we can hope that the Queen's reception will allow, versus, the cameras of the BBC to have access to the reception including the wedding cake. I can not believe that in receiving so many heads of state, Governors, Prime ministers and Royalty, the Queen does not allow cameras inside BP.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Gentry

I'll be watching from 3 or 4 am east coast us time. BBCAMERICA.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals
Old 04-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
Is anyone going to be watching and posting at this site on the 29th? I am looking forward to reading everyone's opinions about the day and to see if the coverage from their country is any different from mine.
I believe a lot of people will be doing just that. The only thing is I live in Brazil,, so will have to rely on my cable to watch, thus my coverage will be the same as other members'. I just found out a channel here is dedicating one special every Friday till the 29th. And on actual week of the wedding each day will have more shows (from what I saw at their site these special have already aired in american channels).
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I would be very, very surprised if this happens. I think that there will likely be a camera to catch footage of the royal party arriving back at the Palace, where the carriages will draw up; but I can't see the cameras being allowed inside, particularly during the cake cutting and so on. It just doesn't seem like a British Royal Family thing to do.
as much as I would love that Rosapru was right, I don't seem them doing that. We never know. Maybe they don't do videos, but could considerate releasing pictures, that would be a plus.

CP Victoria' wedding was very unique. I have watch again on YT this week, and it made me understand the difference between those monarchies, and appreciate each one because of that.

And about William kissing Kate at the Abbey, I can see QEII crying at the ceremony more likely than this.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

About the coverage, I'm sure they will ask someone Fashion related to be a commentator, so when the CR's and other Royals start to arrive I'll be betting they will intervene and ask for a close up, if not for the political importance, for the pure what's-she-is-wearing approach
Old 04-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
as much as I would love that Rosapru was right, I don't seem them doing that. We never know. Maybe they don't do videos, but could considerate releasing pictures, that would be a plus.

CP Victoria' wedding was very unique. I have watch again on YT this week, and it made me understand the difference between those monarchies, and appreciate each one because of that.
I have heard as I've said countless times since the engagement that William understands the level of interest and was thinking about allowing photogs either inside BP for a short time or in the quadrangle during the reception to take pictures. Again I had heard this back in November so I dunno how much has changed since then. But I really wouldn't be surprised if we got something though I am doubting we will get videos from inside BP and if we do get any it will not be anywhere near the level of Victoria and Daniel.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton DO have a wedding list | Mail Online

Anyone wondering if Kate Middleton prefers toasters with two slots rather than four, or patterned duvet covers instead of plain, will have to wait a little longer.

Because Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding list is for family and friend's eyes only.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Nobility

I'll be watching for sure from 2 a.m. MDT US and will have my laptop open in front of me. BBC will be on the TV and maybe the occasional look at streaming video from other sources. Perhaps I'll commandeer my husband's lap top, since he will be asleep (!) and watch on it as well! My family will think I've slipped over the edge!

It will be great fun to read other postings during the festivities!!!!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding