The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

Will a gun salute also be given that day? If so does it come before or after the wedding?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Was one given at other royal weddings? If it does, probably after. No use doing it before when they aren't married. :)

Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I hope so!! - mini pizza is so not as elegant as canapé!! :)
Actually, mini-pizzas qualify as canapé. Canapés are made with a base of bread or crackers, and topped with an assortment of small, usually savory toppings. I believe pizza dough is a type of bread. I can see why they are having them. I've been to several catered affairs recently where they have been served.

I'm sure the ones served at their functions will be delicious.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
You don't use a clasp as there is a hole through the centre to put it on the bracelet.
For my charm bracelet, that won't work and it would need a clasp. Not all charm bracelets are the same and I'm surprised they made this for only type of bracelet. Too bad.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
For my charm bracelet, that won't work and it would need a clasp. Not all charm bracelets are the same and I'm surprised they made this for only type of bracelet. Too bad.
This is the whole bracelet design;

http://www.argento.co.uk/Images/Emai...20Bracelet.jpg
Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Nobility

I could see Kate wearing the Spencer tiara as a way to honor Diana's memory throughout the ceremony. It would be a nice gesture.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
I could see Kate wearing the Spencer tiara as a way to honor Diana's memory throughout the ceremony. It would be a nice gesture.
I respectfully disagree; it would be way too much. Besides, Catherine is not marrying into the Spencer family. Therefore it makes no sense for her to wear it, imo.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

Read Queen of Denmark and her husband planning to attend William and Kate's wedding- anyone know for sure?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I have never been able to eat it...I guess its an acquired taste. Although I am sure they will have "something" for everyone.

I love it how Kate invited the pub owner from her village. He must be excited!
Me too! I think that's a very sweet gesture. I'm intrigued with all this talk of surprises on the day... I hope that means a spectacular tiara that no one's expecting, some lovely personal touches to the ceremony itself, and some new royal traditions being created!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Read Queen of Denmark and her husband planning to attend William and Kate's wedding- anyone know for sure?
I just read that too. So does this mean that Frederik and Mary were not invited?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

How does fruitcake taste... It kind of sounds a little weird to me- no offense to anyone.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^It is a little weird...seeing the different fruits inside of the cake sometimes turns me off. You'd like it if you like the like cake/fruit combination. I had fruit cake once and it was not bad...it had a bit of dark rum so thats probably why I thought it was okay. I like almost anything if it's spiked with rum or brandy.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
How does fruitcake taste... It kind of sounds a little weird to me- no offense to anyone.
Fruitcake for a wedding cake in England is common.

Prince Charles and Princess Diana cake had a fruitcake. I went to Diana, a Celebration exhibit in my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. After going to the exhibit I went to a restaurant were they made cakes with the royal recipe to sell. It was very good.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Are we back to the Spencer tiara? I really feel that that would be pandering to the popular sentiment for Diana at the expense of Kate's own wedding. I would question William's judgment if he asked her to wear it, and Kate's if she agreed to wear it. Seriously--it's their wedding, not Diana's.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I respectfully disagree; it would be way too much. Besides, Catherine is not marrying into the Spencer family. Therefore it makes no sense for her to wear it, imo.
She isn't marrying into the Spencer family? His mother was a Spencer. How can she not be marrying into the Spencer family as well as into the Royal family?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Theres no reason why Catherine shouldn't wear a tiara. She is becoming a royal and that's that. Princesses wear tiaras, not least of all on their wedding day...
It is my understanding that any married woman may wear a tiara if the occasion is formal enough to call for it. I don't believe it has anything to do with being royal or part of the nobility.

A tiara is not a crown, which is the emblem of royal sovereignty and power. No one is suggesting that she is wearing a crown. She will be crowned as Queen Consort if and when William accedes to the throne as King (and if their marriage is more successful than most Windsor marriages have been lately!).
Old 02-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

By a show of hands...(sarcasm)...how many married ladies simply adore being continuously compared to your mother-in-law?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine2001 View Post
She isn't marrying into the Spencer family? His mother was a Spencer. How can she not be marrying into the Spencer family as well as into the Royal family?

I so agree !!!
It may not be correct protocol for Catherine to wear the Spencer Tiara ... BUT ... she is marrying into the Spencer family as well as the Royal Family. William has Spencer blood and so will their children. I find it quite annoying that so many people are forgetting the Spencers. If Diana was alive that would not be the case.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that really is a no-brainer. I think the engagement ring was a lovely gesture but as was said before, this is Catherine's wedding to Prince William not an action replay of 1981!

This is Catherine's "Moment", the one we will all look back on and remember, hopefully with great joy, that this was the first time we saw her in her own right, her own character, her own style. Catherine, Duchess of ?

I don't know about you, but I would love to say . . . "oh I love how she had her hair, the way her tiara sat, the fall of the veil, the elegance of the gown . . . . wow, did we just see a future Queen walk up the aisle"

I emphatically do not want to see a palid immitation of Lady Diana Spencer walking up the aisle, I don't want to say "oh look, she's stlyed her hair like Diana, ohhh look she's wearing Diana's tiara, ohhh her veil as well, wow her gown is a tribute to Diana's, etc. ad nauseum.

And no, she is not marrying into the Spencer family, she is marrying into the BRF! And if Diana were alive I think she would cringe at the pathetic attempts to turn her future daughter-in-law into her clone. She wore her family tiara, Catherine's family do not have one so a gift or loan from her future family is in order and she would be heading the charge for just such a one for her darling Wills.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

And no, she is not marrying into the Spencer family, she is marrying into the BRF! And if Diana were alive I think she would cringe at the pathetic attempts to turn her future daughter-in-law into her clone. She wore her family tiara, Catherine's family do not have one so a gift or loan from her future family is in order and she would be heading the charge for just such a one for her darling Wills.
Forget all the stuff about the Ring, Tiara's etc.
I am talking about people and their feelings.
I don't care if they are the Royal Family or paupers .... when you marry someone you marry into BOTH sides of their family.
I class myself as family with both sides of my husbands family just as he does with mine. And I would be very hurt if whoever marries my children does not do the same.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding