Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud & Princess Ameerah 1: 2004-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video with her short interview above they say she´s 27,it was uploaded 2009 so she might be 29 if the information is correct?
Princess Amira is very charming in this video,she speaks perfect English and seems to be a positive,happy person!

this video of Princess Ameerah Yacht,

Has this yacht already been built or is it still under construction?
Looks really huge,a yacht where you can get lost if your orientation is not that good;-)
I like the design and the subtle colours,very modern and classy :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video with her short interview above they say she´s 27,it was uploaded 2009 so she might be 29 if the information is correct?
Princess Amira is very charming in this video,she speaks perfect English and seems to be a positive,happy person!I can understand she´s not jealous when her husband is surrounded by other women,I would not be worried if I looked like her ;-)

this video could be recorded before 2009 but was uploaded in 2009, not sure, what I know that she is young lady and I was trying to find out at what year she was born but I could not find anything on the internet, I believe they don't tell how old is she. I have some saudi friends I will ask them, and yes she is so beautiful, I did not know that she is an active princess tell I saw this thread, and yes she speaks perfect English maybe she studied in the US. Now about that she is not worry that her husband is surrounded by many women, I believe she has to accept that coz this is the situation for all arab Princess in the Middle east they are all surrounded by women, but no doubt she is gorgeous. :flowers:

I guess her age is top secret but I would like to know if she has any children?It´s none of my business but I am very curious...She´s a good,caring person and I´m sure she would be lovely with children and with a nanny she could still take enough time for her philantropic work and travelling...

:previous:Interesting article & well said: "Three apples changed the world: Adam’s, Newton’s and Steve’s!"

WOW!!! wise words well said Prince Talal.

on ameerah twitter she says she 28 and yes its here official one in the bio section

Yes she is around 28 years, she is really young and he is an old man, but he is a prince no girl would say no to a prince. I was with a friend of mine she is from Saudi, and I was talking to her about Ameerah, she said that is prince Waleed Married her sister before her which is princess Kholoud and then he divorced her and Married Ameerah. Don't know if it is true though.

Yes it's true he married her sister but she wasn't able to live with him and don't have a media activity :ohmy: I do not know how she married her sister's husband before, but money is important :bang:

But Amira married Prince Alwaleed to be with him in all his activities are just beautiful interface for Prince

When she married Prince Walid he make her travel to Europe to learn talk and deal with Royal families

Yes Sana that is what My Saudi friend said, that prince Alwaleed sent her to Europe to learn how to speak and deal with people, well I believe everybody has done this learned how to speak, coz you know speaking in public, specially as a princess or Queen is not easy and you have really to be ready for everything and any question.

In Islam it is ok for the person to marry his wife's sister, but not at the time, so when he divorced her sister Kholoud, he married Ameerah. He was not a husband for both of them at the same time. (this is an explanation for people who don't know the rules of Islam, I know you know the rules since you live in Saudi) :D

Last edited:
I believe that the prince and Amera have many shared interests and views on life-they both support charity with their foundation,travel a lot and speak up for women´s rights...of course I don´t know them in person but I neither believe he just married her for her looks nor that she only looked at his fortune...he´s not that handsome or young but it´s quite unfair to suggest that he can be just loved for his money...he always donated lots of money for poor people and supports women (like the Saudi woman who wanted to be a pilot) or talks about equal rights for all citizens in his country. For me he was the first modern Saudi prince who seemed to be smart,educated and treats women with respect....I don´t want to offend anyone but there have been some Saudis who do nothing than spending money on luxury,behaving badly in the public or treat women with disrespect...of course in the media they report more about the bad stuff but as long as women in Saudi Arabia are deprieved of parts of their human rights the image is a very bad one for someone who is used to different standards.

What I see is that more and more muslim countries are giving women the chance to represent their country in the West-e.g. Q.Rania,Q.Noor,Princess Haya,Sheikha Mozah,Sheikha Rima Al-Sabah etc.
This is a wise decision because foreign investors from democratic countries are more willing to invest in the Middle East/Arabic countries when they see such positive example of women who are allowed to talk openly,university-educated or even take off their veil in the public.(Many ppl in the West falsely believe that taking off the veil is equal with being an emancipated woman-there are also Arab women who wear the traditional veil but have modern ideas and a career-but they are not as much seen as the women with no veil or fashionable clothes.)
I guess Princess Amira is a good spokeswoman for her country and empowering women-because she is very good-looking she is often underestimated but she seems very smart and tough!

thanks @snapcrackle,you are right!

Now it´s official,she is 28 yrs old (I am happy because I was not that wrong guessing her age *lol*)-from her twitter account:

@AmeerahAltaweel Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
28 active woman living in KSA. Vice Chairwoman of the Alwaleed Foundations.I get to see the world,check projects,meet amazing ppl with gr8 stories & take photos
http://www.alwaleedbintalalfoundation.org/

The princess opened a facebook-account and uploaded some nice pictures too-but somehow I can´t provide a working link because of the Arabic letters after her name written in English :-(
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Princess-Ameerah-Al-Taweel

Last edited:
videos with Princess Amera being interviewed:
Princess Ameerah Seeks to Improve Saudi Womens' Rights - YouTube
Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Saudi Princess Ameerah Altaweel, the wife of billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and vice chairman of the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundations for Charity and Philanthropy, talks about her efforts to empower women and provide economic opportunity for them in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Princess Pushes For Women's Rights - YouTube

After Winning The Vote, A Saudi Princess Fights For Women's Right To Drive - Forbes
On Sunday, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah ruled that the nation’s women would be allowed, for the first time, to vote and run in local elections beginning in 2015. However, Saudi women are still denied the basic rights to drive and to leave the country without permission.
In a rare interview with the U.S. media, Saudi Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel sat down with me on Thursday to discuss the status of women in her country.

Last edited:
Yes, dear I know my religion well
But I'm surprised at how she married her sister's husband is the former know that her sister has become psychologically ill you can not live with him
I think the piece of money then the most important things that many of the most important of motherhood
She could not have children by order of the Prince Alwaleed
Sometimes when you see it in the pictures I see sadness in her eyes but she chose this life

Yes, including common interests that's for sure because Prince Alwaleed when chosen to represent and be educated in the world are facing represent all the views and ideas of Prince Alwaleed

For their generous contributions to support her husband's philanthropic Foundation funds
It is very normal family and they wear headscarves but changed ideas to suit their new status
On the other hand, I disagree with you I respect women opinion
Contempt and violence against women is a global issue not specific to a particular State
The headscarf is a religious and not discussed here
I don't think he respects his wife when it displays in each travel or occasion is the wife and not an interface
Why Prince Alwaleed is not permitted to publish pictures of his wife's first cousin and daughter only Reem?
Did Alwaleed respected Ameerh over daughter Reem ? :ermm:

@ sana I am not sure if I understand your post correctly-
Are you saying that Prince Al Waleed doesn´t want Princess Amira to have children?I always thought that Arab men like to have many children,but of course there are always exceptions.How do you know that her sister had psychological issues?I hope she received professional help if she had to deal with any problems and support from her family if you are right,but there are always a lot of speculations after a divorce....
Princess Amira doesn´t seem like a woman who´s unhappy with her life,but of course there´s a look of melancholy in her eyes sometimes.Maybe she is frustrated because of the injustice and unfair treatment of women or because she sees a lot of suffering and poverty when she´s working and travelling for the foundation - visiting countries like Somalia must be quite challenging emotionally,the actress and UNICEF-ambassador Audrey Hepburn was so heart-broken and afflicted after she met children starved to death on her African trips :-(
I don´t know if Princess Amira is happy or not but she always talks well about her husband and the marriage in interviews.

Yes, dear I know my religion well
But I'm surprised at how she married her sister's husband is the former know that her sister has become psychologically ill you can not live with him
I think the piece of money then the most important things that many of the most important of motherhood
She could not have children by order of the Prince Alwaleed
Sometimes when you see it in the pictures I see sadness in her eyes but she chose this life

You know what Sana? he is a prince and I don't think there would be a girl in the whole world refuses to become a princess. either she is arabic or foreign. and having a chance to be on TV and participate in a public events is a great thing and every one of us will accept that, and you know since they are not doing something against the Islam then they are on the safe side. :flowers:

the other thing I did not understand what you wrote. that prince Alwaleed prohibited her of having a child?.

videos with Princess Amera being interviewed:

Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Saudi Princess Ameerah Altaweel, the wife of billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and vice chairman of the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundations for Charity and Philanthropy, talks about her efforts to empower women and provide economic opportunity for them in Saudi Arabia

After Winning The Vote, A Saudi Princess Fights For Women's Right To Drive - Forbes
On Sunday, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah ruled that the nation’s women would be allowed, for the first time, to vote and run in local elections beginning in 2015. However, Saudi women are still denied the basic rights to drive and to leave the country without permission.
In a rare interview with the U.S. media, Saudi Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel sat down with me on Thursday to discuss the status of women in her country.

Ok now they don't drive because they are not allowed to in Saudi but let me tell you something that I have heard i from so many Saudi women, that if they allow them to drive, are they really going to drive? almost all Saudi women I know said no they want to have drivers, so I don't think driving is a big issue for Saudi women coz if it is they would have done something long time ago. :flowers:

@ sana I am not sure if I understand your post correctly-
Are you saying that Prince Al Waleed doesn´t want Princess Amira to have children?I always thought that Arab men like to have many children,but of course there are always exceptions.How do you know that her sister had psychological issues?I hope she received professional help if she had to deal with any problems and support from her family if you are right,but there are always a lot of speculations after a divorce....
Princess Amira doesn´t seem like a woman who´s unhappy with her life,but of course there´s a look of melancholy in her eyes sometimes.Maybe she is frustrated because of the injustice and unfair treatment of women or because she sees a lot of suffering and poverty when she´s working and travelling for the foundation - visiting countries like Somalia must be quite challenging emotionally,the actress and UNICEF-ambassador Audrey Hepburn was so heart-broken and afflicted after she met children starved to death on her African trips :-(
I don´t know if Princess Amira is happy or not but she always talks well about her husband and the marriage in interviews.

I am gonna comment at the last sentence you wrote, even if Ameerah is not happy, she would never say that in an interview not because she is afraid or have no right to say, it is because is not quiet common in the Arabic world yet to express what they feel exactly in front of people, they always wanted the great image to be out. I hope that I explained the point clearly to you.:flowers:

Yes, that's what I mean
She could not have children because Prince Alwaleed not want kids
What do you mean the treatment is unfair to women?

Sadness that I see him in the eye is not only when visiting the poor or children in Somalia
Even photos with family , even though it is trying to smile with a sad look

In one of the interviews she said that her mother got divorced and it was difficult for her at that time,do you know if she divorced from Amera´s father or did her mother marry again?There´s very little to find about P.Amera´s life before her marriage so I´m curious....
I believe Prince Alwaled is a workaholic and doesn´t have enough time for children but I can understand if a woman is unhappy because she cannot have children herself.Maybe when you are younger you are happy to have a career but when you are in your 30ies you see many other women with their children and families and you worry if you made the right choice.I guess she will not talk about it if she´s unhappy with that, not only in the Arab world ppl try to keep up the beautiful facade pretending that everything is alright when it is not...
You probably see American women in tv who are not afraid to expose every detail of their private life and talk freely about their emotions but it is different in Europe,most individuals try to keep their private life as private as possible:)

Yes, that's what I mean
She could not have children because Prince Alwaleed not want kids
What do you mean the treatment is unfair to women?

Sadness that I see him in the eye is not only when visiting the poor or children in Somalia
Even photos with family , even though it is trying to smile with a sad look

Poor I feel sorry for Ameerah, being a mother and have a kid of your own is something great, but by preventing her of having her own kid is hard, any way I believe that if God wants something no one can stand against it. I hope she gets the chance to be a mother.

In one of the interviews she said that her mother got divorced and it was difficult for her at that time,do you know if she divorced from Amera´s father or did her mother marry again?There´s very little to find about P.Amera´s life before her marriage so I´m curious....
I believe Prince Alwaled is a workaholic and doesn´t have enough time for children but I can understand if a woman is unhappy because she cannot have children herself.Maybe when you are younger you are happy to have a career but when you are in your 30ies you see many other women with their children and families and you worry if you made the right choice.I guess she will not talk about it if she´s unhappy with that, not only in the Arab world ppl try to keep up the beautiful facade pretending that everything is alright when it is not...
You probably see American women in tv who are not afraid to expose every detail of their private life and talk freely about their emotions but it is different in Europe,most individuals try to keep their private life as private as possible:)

Yes it's kind of hard to find information about her before marriage, and as you said if the girl in her early age it's ok for her because she is busy with her career but once she feels that she is getting old, for sure she would wish to have a kid of her own.

I did not know that in Europe is the same as the Arab world, In America it's okay to say what ever you want and almost you have no private life once you say everything on TV. Different countries, different cultures, it's great to know about all countries so we can learn from each other. :flowers:

She could adopt some children if she can´t have her own,I can´t believe that her husband would object if she really wants to be a mother.But she´s still young,so maybe we will be surprised or he will change his mind about having children...if God wants something no one can stand against it -That´s right,we often fool ourself that we have more power and influence on our life than we really have but I believe destiny is stronger...

She could adopt some children if she can´t have her own,I can´t believe that her husband would object if she really wants to be a mother.But she´s still young,so maybe we will be surprised or he will change his mind about having children...if God wants something no one can stand against it -That´s right,we often fool ourself that we have more power and influence on our life than we really have but I believe destiny is stronger...

Yes destiny is stronger for sure, as you said you never know what's going to happen later on in life, Alwaleed maybe will change his mind, but I see unfair that he is not giving her her right to have a kid of her own and enjoy being a mother.

Princess Ameerah Inaugurate an Islamic center in Cambridge University.

Some pictures of her in this video.

an interview of Ameerah al taweel.

Good speech by Amera @Cambridge CIS,she looks confident and I like that she wears her hair up because it looks more professional than open hair IMO.
http://www.cis.cam.ac.uk/Annual%20Report.pdf
Here´s some further information on the Center of Islamic Studies in Cambridge,there´s also a picture of Prince Alwaleed (didn´t see P.Amira on the picture...)

this is great, yes she is not in the picture with him, and I really like her hair up, as you said it looks more professional and makes her more beautiful. Thank you for the link

it's great that she is really active and loves to be in public events :D thank you for the picture.

very nice video, but I am wondering why when they say her name they say Princess Ameerah Al taweel, it should be Princess Ameerah Waleed ?? does anyone know why ?

very nice video, but I am wondering why when they say her name they say Princess Ameerah Al taweel, it should be Princess Ameerah Waleed ?? does anyone know why ?

I have read somewhere in this forum that women keep their name when they marry in Saudia Arabia unlike Jordan for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom