Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Nicolae attended the initiative "Flowers and Soul", which is fighting against the isolation of elderly people. Flowers and Soul is supported by CP Margareta's foundation, The Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation:

Google Translate

I've recently started to "follow" the Romanian Royal Family, so I haven't seen a close-up of Prince Nicolae before. He's very handsome!

Last edited:
Alexandru Safran ( important personality of the Jewish Community in Romania) commemorated in Bucharest by HRH Crown Princess Margareta and HRH Prince Nicolae of Romania:

Alexandru

Last edited:
Prince Radu and prince Nicolae are on an official visit to Jordan in 24-28 November. The visit is organised with the assistance of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to promote the economic cooperation between the countries and to encourage projects in the fields of educational, cultural and social.
Prince Radu and Prince Nicolae will meet members of the Jordanian royal family and the prime minister and they have also economic meetings with Ministers of the Government, chambers of Commerce, private companies and representatives of Jordanian economic environment, as well as with a large number of representatives of the Romanian-Jordanian community.
Vizită regală în Iordania Romania. Altfel
Translation

Princes Radu and Nicolae met king Abdullah privately at the Royal Palace in Amman today.
Familia Regala - Activitati curente Principele Radu primit de Regele Abdullah al II-lea
Translation

Photos of the visits to the ministeries
Principele Radu primit de Regele Abdullah al II-lea Romania. Altfel
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
On Friday 13th December Margarita, Radu and Nicolae delivered Christmas presents on behalf of the king Mihail to the staff and employees of the Royal House. Giving Christmas gifts to employees is a tradition begun in 1866.
The evening ended, similar to previous years, with a nice concert of Christmas carols by the choir, which also received presents. And also the TV-crew got presents.
Cadouri de Crăciun 2013, Palatul Elisabeta Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

I think the Princess should have worn a dress and Prince Nicolae should have worn a suit.

His Majesty King Michael has attended the church service in Săvârșin, the first day of Christmas, December 25. Along with King Michael were Crown Princess Margarita, Prince Radu, Princess Elena and Prince Nicolae.
Regele a luat parte la slujba de Crăciun Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

On Monday December 23 king Michael gave Christmas gifts to the employees of Săvârşin Palace and the Royal Family. Also crown princess Margarita, prince Radu, princess Elena and prince Nicolae attended.
Regele a oferit daruri angajaţilor de la Săvârşin Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

Last edited:
Thank you so much LadyFinn for your recent posts - the pictures are all great quality and I feel very festive seeing the royal family events over Christmas!

His Majesty King Michael has attended the church service in Săvârșin, the first day of Christmas, December 25. Along with King Michael were Crown Princess Margarita, Prince Radu, Princess Elena and Prince Nicolae.
Regele a luat parte la slujba de Crăciun Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

On Monday December 23 king Michael gave Christmas gifts to the employees of Săvârşin Palace and the Royal Family. Also crown princess Margarita, prince Radu, princess Elena and prince Nicolae attended.
Regele a oferit daruri angajaţilor de la Săvârşin Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

Wonderful pictures! Thank you for the link.

I am sad to see that HM the Queen was not able to make it. Glad to see the king up and doing well.

I don't know where to put it, but I found on a news resource about the visit of Prince Paul and Princess Lia to Chisinau. They visited a Child Centre and offered their support by giving gifts.

Prin

Google Translate

HRH Crown Princess Margareta & HRH Prince Radu with HRH Prince Nicolae yesterday in London:

Jurnal de c

On days 9 to 11 March, HRH Prince Radu makes a official visit to Sweden. Prince Radu is accompanied by HRH prince Nicolae. Representatives of several prestigious romanian wine companies participate at the visit.
Prince Nicholas and Prince Radu will meet at the Royal Palace in Stockholm Their Royal Highnesses Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden.
Their Royal Highnesses will attend at Uppsala Castle a dinner given by Governor Peter Egardt. Representatives of leading civil society in Uppsala and representatives of the romannian delegation attend at the dinner.
Their Royal Highnesses will attend a promotional event of Romanian wine companies in the great hall of the Hotel Grand.
Prince Radu, accompanied by Prince Nicolae and Romanian ambassador in Sweden, Răduţa Matache, will meet with the Minister for Rural Affairs, Mr. Eskil Erlandsson.
Prince Radu will meet with personalities from civil society and give an interview to Swedish magazine "Kungliga Magasinet".
Their Royal Highnesses will visit the Romanian Cultural Institute.
At the end of the visit, Prince Radu and Prince Nicolae will attend a dinner hosted by Ms Răduţa Matache, Romanian Ambassador in Sweden.
Vizită regală în Suedia Familia Regală a României Royal Family of Romania

Radu and Nicolae have arrived to Sweden. They were interviewed by swedish royal magazine Kungliga magasinet.
Photo of Nicolae
http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/26ce61c6a78d11e387d60e2e8d5fc624_8.jpg

The Ambassador of Romania in Sweden held a coctail reception in honour of the princes on Monday.
http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/26be81fea88a11e3b20812f5f9c24049_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On Wednesday 26 March, on the occasion of the proclamation of the Kingdom of Romania in 1881, and the 65th birthday of Crown Princess Margarita, there was a royal medal ceremony and dinner at the Peleș Castle. Crown Princess Margarita, Prince Radu and Prince Nicolae attended.
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rjuaypfUua4

Video and photos
Aniversare regala la Palatul Peles. 26 de personalitati au fost decorate cu ocazia sarbatoririi zilei Principesei Margareta

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlNJItb47c

HRH the Crown Princess looks absolutely lovely. So regal and beautiful -she does not look her age at all.

TRH Princes Radu and Nicolae look rather dapper themselves!

I love her jewelry as well. I wonder where it is from or if has been passed down. I have never seen her wear it, and it looks like an unofficial demi parure, as it is a necklace, earrings and bracelet!

It is interesting to me how involved the family is in public appearances and it looks like they have had a few official state visits and visitors, but yet the people (majority of), don't want a monarchy or how little known Prince Nicolae is, with the many public appearances he does!

It looks like all three (Margarita, Radu and Nicolae), are all wearing different orders -is there a reason for this and if so, what is the difference?

I absolutely hope for a restoration will happen for this amazing and lovely family!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom